Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  8
Author: Subject: Thousands protest in TJ against gay marriage
WhackAMolE
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 12:17 AM
Thousands protest in TJ against gay marriage

Peña Nieto has proposed legalizing gay marriage. Some Catholics are unhappy. Protests in TJ and throughout Mexico.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/sep/10/tijuana...
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 10:05 AM

“Marriage is between a man and woman for the purpose of procreation,” said Ariadna León, 39, a Catholic and mother of two from Ampliacion Guaycura in eastern Tijuana. “We are asking for the respect of the nucleus of society, which is the family.”

Such a sad and ignorant statement.

They are leaving out our gay and lesbian family members in that statement as well as disregarding basic understanding of human sexuality.

Fortunately this kind of thinking is on the decline.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Such a sad and ignorant statement.

So what IS the purpose of marriage? I'm speaking of the formalized institution, which seems to be what all the fuss is about. As opposed to two people just choosing to spend their lives together?

-------that, and/or a simple CONTRACT to cover the legal issues that might arise. All the "marriage" hoop-la in the Gay community appears to be emotional, to me, and beyond my understanding. Many I know, including me, lived for years with a partner before we/they actually got married-------we never felt discriminated against because of it--------it in no way effected our lives. We actually got married because of the legal reasons, as well as making older member's of our Family, and our 4 grown step-kids, more comfortable. (tho nobody ever brought it up that I can remember)

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 11:13 AM

A legal contract that formed a union between gays in CA had problems when it came to medical issues and who had a say so in certain matters. That is why I changed my thinking on the issue. I say let them marry. Let them have children and raise a family.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 11:15 AM

So what if they protest????.....
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 11:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
A legal contract that formed a union between gays in CA had problems when it came to medical issues and who had a say so in certain matters. That is why I changed my thinking on the issue. I say let them marry. Let them have children and raise a family.

Then it was a poorly written Contract, I am guessing. In truth 'I' personally don't have serious problems with gay's wanting to be legally "married", but many many do, mostly for religious reasons I suppose, so why challenge them and make so many people so mad when it really does not matter? Like so many things, jamming things down peoples throats often is not the answer to better relations.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 01:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
So what if they protest????.....

Yep. They have that right.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 01:19 PM

Why don't they just call their union something other than marriage? Then everybody would have the identity they clamor for?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Then it was a poorly written Contract, I am guessing. In truth 'I' personally don't have serious problems with gay's wanting to be legally "married", but many many do, mostly for religious reasons I suppose, so why challenge them and make so many people so mad when it really does not matter? Like so many things, jamming things down peoples throats often is not the answer to better relations.

Barry, Govt marriage license has nothing to do with your backwards church rules. You and your church can keep a closed mind, without caring what govt does for marriage licenses, eh?
Civil rights should not be restricted because a couple of you fringe fundamentalist Christians get your panties in a bunch. Barry, go back to your cave, and keep your religion out of our sight. Why you trying to jam your backwards religious restrictions down our throat?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 02:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Why don't they just call their union something other than marriage? Then everybody would have the identity they clamor for?

Why don't you religious nuts call your religious union something else, and then you can be unconcerned by civil rights granted and protected by govt, civil rights for all, not just you fundamentalists heteros.
Eh?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 02:24 PM

Just making a suggestion Goat***. Lemme make the first try at a term for your legal coupling. How about "Plug-In."
Hows it sound to you? "Hi. Mom. Meet Lester. We just got plugged in. Ohh, I know....we've been plugged in for years, but not legally. Now we have the backing of the Supreme Court...well, not literally Mom. That's me and Lesters place in the new and improved scheme of things."

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 02:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Barry, Govt marriage license has nothing to do with your backwards church rules. You and your church can keep a closed mind, without caring what govt does for marriage licenses, eh?
Civil rights should not be restricted because a couple of you fringe fundamentalist Christians get your panties in a bunch. Barry, go back to your cave, and keep your religion out of our sight. Why you trying to jam your backwards religious restrictions down our throat?

What are you talking about, Goat??? I am not a religious person at all. Go back and read my comments-----I thought they were pretty clear, but perhaps not??? Where did "marriage license" come into the thread? "Marriage License/Contract" are both legal and appropriate, why does it matter which?. You and the Gay's appear more interested in rubbing salt in peoples eyes than solving problems and getting along with others?!?!?!?!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 03:17 PM

It's just more of the liberal credo...if it's yours, I'm entitled to it and I want it.

KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 03:38 PM

I guess they never heard of a medical power of attorney

And then there are wills and trusts to cover the rest

Funny how with certain groups there is always more drama

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 03:47 PM

It's always the same crap:.....What we are matters....what you are doesn't....so, we're going to take it. It's a smarmy, damp war strategy that runs the world.

Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 03:59 PM

Real simple people...If you don't like gay marriage don't marry a gay person...problem solved.......

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 04:04 PM

Fact: Being gay or lesbian is being sick. Period. Evidence: If everybody in this world would be gay or lesbian--- mankind would disappear within less than hundred years. Being sick is not the regular human nature! But if mankind disappears, maybe it would be from benefit to this world. Remember: Nature does not need people - but people need nature!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 05:00 PM

Now keep in mind, folks, we are just "having a conversation" now. That is what the Left say they want---------a "conversation". :rolleyes:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 05:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Fact: Being gay or lesbian is being sick. Period.

Proving beyond doubt what kind of person you are.....:barf:

Don't believe everything you think....
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 05:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Fact: Being gay or lesbian is being sick. Period.

Proving beyond doubt what kind of person you are.....:barf:

What has being sick or being ill like gays or lesbians are, to do with my person??? I am not gay! So I am healthy. Being gay is against nature. Even YOU can not change that. No matter what kind of BS you are posting here. One can accept gays and lesbians as humans. But only as humans with a mental illness. One can accept that gays and lesbians where in this world forever. But again: If everybody in this world would be gay, mankind would be disappeared within less than 100 years.
And if your mother was a lesbian - you could not post BS here.:fire::fire::fire:

[Edited on 9-12-2016 by JC43]
 Pages:  1    3  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.