Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8
Author: Subject: Thousands protest in TJ against gay marriage
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2016 at 06:33 PM

That's a load of crap, Jon. Words are powerless until the fragile mind accepts them as powerful. Are your mentioned victims that weak?
Anyway, screw all that semantic nonsense for a moment and point out what I said that has you offended. Is your quote above all you got? Shallow....empty. Perhaps their roll model parents should be taken to task for failing to guide their children with a bit of gender identity. you know...don't buy Spike anymore Barbie Dolls.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 9-27-2016 at 08:05 PM
Seriously ?

I have NEVER understood why anyone would concern themselves with those who kill themselves for no REAL "legitimate" reason.

Realizing that there IS (sometimes) a valid justification such as an incurable and/or intensely painful physical illness and there are also those with a mental illness which drives them to do so, it seems that the discussion is about weak-willed (wimps ?) who just can't handle the stresses of their own lifestyle.

Clearly, the odds are against that person/persons EVER successfully navigating through life so (perhaps) they're better off gone.

And, no one should be bothered by it.

"If you can't live with yourself..................DON'T !"

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-27-2016 at 08:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
@ redhilltown
Would you please keep in mind that English is not my nature tong!
Next question: Are you capable to speak more than one language??? I mean YOU!
I can write in English (more or less good) I can write in French. I can write in German.
If you speak three languages you are multi-lingual. If you speak two languages you are bi-lingual.
If you speak one language you are an American.
Now, what is your criticism about?

So you can spew hate and ignorance in 3 languages, Dennis can do it in maybe 2 languages, and mr bill can do it in 1 language.
Luckily, y'all are old and short for this work, and no one listens to you old farts.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2016 at 08:43 PM

alright! all the great minds have amassed here for a subject they can all really get behind! ;)
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2016 at 09:02 PM
Confucius SAY .........................

Or, maybe it was Charlie Chan.

To Birmingham ?

"A Butterfly flapping it's wings in China has more effect than all the flatulence voiced here".

Or, something like that.

I think.

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by MrBillM]
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2016 at 09:45 PM

and now this: A baby is born in Mexico with three genetic parents.
A woman had the so called Leigh Syndrom. A mitochondrion was taken before fertile. The core with the Leigh Syndrom has been removed. And a new healthy core implanted into the mitochondrion.
Later in the lab the semen of the father was implanted into the fertile mitochondrion.
Under the supervision of a US Scientist a team of Mexican scientists did the job. U.S.Supervisor was John Zhang who works at the New Hope Fertility Center in New York.
The British Magazine `New Scientist´ reported this today.

Now what about the headline of this thread?
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-27-2016 at 11:30 PM

There are certainly some deplorables on this thread spouting cretinous views ...

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 12:17 AM

With apologies to cretins everywhere...
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 05:50 AM

As far as homosexuality being "unnatural", here's a list of the animals, reptiles, and birds known to partake--it appears that same sex bonding of one type or another is indeed part of the natural world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_hom...

I'm afraid the old testament/Abrahamic traditions has misguided the Judeo/Christian/Islam ethos for too long.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 07:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

So you can spew hate and ignorance in 3 languages, Dennis can do it in maybe 2 languages, and mr bill can do it in 1 language.
Luckily, y'all are old and short for this work, and no one listens to you old farts.

I'm not being hateful or ignorant. I only repel from having any lifestyle, alternate or routine, forced upon me as something I have to accept. I also exercise a freedom to choose.
Why can't all people be content with having a bit of privacy in their lives, as well as respecting that of others?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 07:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  
As far as homosexuality being "unnatural", here's a list of the animals, reptiles, and birds known to partake--it appears that same sex bonding of one type or another is indeed part of the natural world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_hom...

=======================

Not buyin' any of it. Creature companionship other than human, is unrestricted by social mores that are part of an advanced species.
Gay bugs? Queer fish? Pure BS.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 07:49 AM

"Bagemihl's research shows that homosexual behavior, not necessarily sex"

That is a significant difference, "behavior" opposed to sexual reproduction and/or sexual contact

Agree that "morality" is restricted to human beings ...

Interesting discussion ... I'm in the live and let live group on this one and what consenting adults do behind closed doors is there own business ... providing it does not detramentally effect others
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  

Agree that "morality" is restricted to human beings ...

I'm not sure the ability to distinguish between right and wrong is limited to homosapiens. I think people give other higher ordered animals' mental capacity too little credit.

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by SFandH]
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 08:43 AM

"a particular system of values and principles of conduct, especially one held by a specified person or society."

Given that definition ... It would appear to apply to only the human species :):)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 08:49 AM

There are animal societies and the word "person" isn't limited to humans.

Also what is understood to be true today by the majority of people, "ain't necessarily so".

For example, not long ago people thought there were multiple gods, now most believe in one god. That belief is moving in the right direction.

Animals with a moral compass:

http://www.livescience.com/24800-animals-emotions-morality.h...

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I'm not being hateful or ignorant. I only repel from having any lifestyle, alternate or routine, forced upon me as something I have to accept. I also exercise a freedom to choose.
Why can't all people be content with having a bit of privacy in their lives, as well as respecting that of others?

Oh no not the argument that they, (gays) are forcing their lifestyle, down your throat.

That sounds so gay, and forceful!

I don't know where you hang out Dennis, but don't watch, and don't let them force anything down your throat, that you really don't desire to be shoved down your throat.

Now from time to time, there are LGBT gay pride marches, and they can get pretty risque and rowdy. But my advice is don't watch these gay pride events, and really it's about LGBT civil rights, and helping others LGBT people to feel good about themselves.

Now occasionally you might be see a same-sex couple kissing in places like an airport, and if that really bothers you, then perhaps it''s you that has the problem.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 09:06 AM

Naw, it's all about non-discrimination, equal rights. How you "feel" about a particular lifestyle doesn't make any difference.

It's the main principle of the republic:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

------------------------------

I hope this puts an end to this inane argument, mostly started by JC43's illogic that homosexuality is a sickness because same sex couples don't procreate.

Lots of hetersexuals don't procreate either and there is no sickness involved, it's a matter of choice.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 09:54 AM
Queer Questions

An enlightened view IS that it's perfectly reasonable to "assume" (as once supported and promoted by even Queer advocates) that there is a neurological "difference" [defect ?] accounting for Homosexual tendencies and behavior both in Humans and other Animal species.

It was, in FACT, those advocates who initially promoted that explanation.

Which is not to say that they should be denied any legal status because of their defective nature.

On the contrary, it has been policy for a long time now to assure that the defectives among us are guaranteed their rights.

While still recognizing that they ARE defective.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 09:57 AM

Thanks for your opinion. And I know your idea of defective people goes far beyond homosexuals.

Some may think you're defective, but of course you don't.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 10:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  
With apologies to cretins everywhere...

RH,
Yes, my apologies.... I didn't mean to lower the status of cretins with my comment.

As for "difference".....some people see those who are different as inferior or abnormal.....it's a way to manage their dissonance while making themselves the "norm".

Kinda like the old white male privilege thing....folks feeling usurped by the presence of those who don't fit in the rut of "normalcy".

As for polytheism vs monotheism....I wonder if the cultures that saw the gods managing (creating a narrative about) their experience were as likely to war with neighboring cultures in defense of their beliefs than monotheistic cultures...."whose god is the best one?". As religions are belief systems that guide individuals and cultures with rules for conduct (and on occasion helpful in developing a sense of spirituality ["spirituality: one's sense of connectedness with other"]), it is natural that such belief systems change over time....as they adapt and grow due to their inherent value, or die due to their inflexibility and static nature.

Our developing world is morphing rapidly as we are exposed to such differences made evident through the technologies that spread information....the human mind may not "expand" rapidly enough for some to adapt to this exposure to new information regardng those differences... and as some have said in this thread....the Darwinian theory suggests that those who are not adaptive will die off.

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.