BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Crossing on 5 at San Ysidro, 1D heading to Cabo
kencolamarino

[*] posted on 9-16-2016 at 03:41 PM
Crossing on 5 at San Ysidro, 1D heading to Cabo

Have a nice picture map indicating taking 5 South, follow 1D bearing right, follow Av Internacional, then Carretera Ensenada-Tijuana still on 1D. If this is still good, where on this route are the stops for entrance, customs, and to pick up my FMM. If you can keep in in simple terms, I'll figure it out.
Will be crossing just before daylight hopefully on a Wednesday.

Thanks,

Ken

[Edited on 9-16-2016 by kencolamarino]

[Edited on 9-16-2016 by kencolamarino]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-16-2016 at 03:44 PM

Yup, that is the route

You can pick up your FMM's either before you get to the customs gates, or immediately after....whichever works better for you. We always stop for the FMM's before we pass through customs, seems easier for us
gsbotanico
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2016 at 06:20 PM

Yes, this is the correct route. Stay to the right when I-5 and I-805 merge. You want to be in the far right lane after the sharp right turn to go along the border. This lane moves the fastest. When the cars turn left to enter the vehicle customs lanes, go straight ahead to the customs building and turn left into the parking area. Go inside and get your FMM.

Then drive back and nose into the first line of cars of the vehicle customs lanes. After clearing customs, keep right and take the first ramp to the right. It's clearly signed. You'll be on your way. The first toll station on the toll road is about 5 or 6 miles along the border in Playas de Tijuana. Stay left when you get close to Playas. Toll was $1.75 dlrs. on Monday. It fluctuates with the value of the peso. You can pay in either currency.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-16-2016 at 06:37 PM

Yes, stay in the far right "To Declare" lane.

When you park, walk straight through the Aduana (Customs) building. As you exit, the bank will be on your right, make a left and it will be the first door/ It's a small office with the entrance door outside. If you need pesos, there is an ATM in the Aduana lobby

Quote: Originally posted by gsbotanico  
Yes, this is the correct route. Stay to the right when I-5 and I-805 merge. You want to be in the far right lane after the sharp right turn to go along the border. This lane moves the fastest. When the cars turn left to enter the vehicle customs lanes, go straight ahead to the customs building and turn left into the parking area. Go inside and get your FMM.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2016 at 03:16 PM

Last several times, the IMM guy took our money and we did not have to go around the corner to the bank.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.