Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: shingles shot
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2016 at 08:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
My wife never had chicken pox but came down with the shingles a year ago Sept.
Woah, that's weird: my understanding is that shingles is a resurgence of the chicken pox virus already in one's system. Could she have been previously exposed without symptoms? Or was this shingles maybe the result of first-time exposure to the virus which went straight to shingles? :wow::?:

Her brother had chicken pox but that was when they were teenagers, maybe a carry over.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2016 at 08:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
I didn`t get the shot and last November got shingles on my upper back. After being in terrible pain for 8 days, I went to an acupunturists and he said he could fix it no problem. And he did. I could barely feel anything but was immediately better. Thought a miricle had occured!!!!! Smiled for days!!!

TMW--- call your local acupunturists and ask if they can treat it. My guy told me about a lady who suffered for 10 years. Her son (a doctor) told my guy there was no cure because they had tried everything. My acupunturist finally talked the son into letting him treat his mom. After one treatment, she amiled and said she felt better. After two treatments, she was fine.

I have no idea how acupunture works, but know it saved me from much suffering.

We have discussed it with her doctors but didn't try it. I'll talk to her again about it. Worth a try. Thanks
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-20-2016 at 08:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Quote: Originally posted by vandenberg  
If one in three persons get shingles during their lifetime, how come i have only known 3 people that ever had the affliction .
I had a flourishing bar/disco with hundreds of customers and not one ever came down with it. I also have a very large family with multi dozens of aunts, uncles and cousins, besides dozens of friends and golfing buddies. No one ever had this disease.
Maybe a come on by the producers of the vaccine??

Yes, it must be true becausethe CDC say's "Almost 1 out of every 3 people in the United States will develop shingles, also known as zoster or herpes zoster, in their lifetime. There are an estimated 1 million cases of shingles each year in this country." The current US population is 324,118,787 so one-thrird of that would be 10,903,959 cases and that's 11 x greater than the 1 million current cases. How the extrapolate that is anyone's guess but it keepe their budget growing.

Your math doesn't quite jive, but you made your point.:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2016 at 09:52 AM

From: http://www.consumerreports.org/health/why-the-shingles-vacci...

"if you don’t have health insurance or are experiencing medical or financial hardship, you may qualify for Merck’s Vaccine Patient Assistance Program, which provides free vaccinations to those who are eligible.

"Financial Hardship":
annual income:

$47,520 or less for individuals
$64,080 or less for couples
$97,200 or less for a family of 4.

see: http://www.merckhelps.com/ZOSTAVAX

[Edited on 9-20-2016 by SFandH]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2016 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
From: http://www.consumerreports.org/health/why-the-shingles-vacci...

"if you don’t have health insurance or are experiencing medical or financial hardship, you may qualify for Merck’s Vaccine Patient Assistance Program, which provides free vaccinations to those who are eligible.

"Financial Hardship":
annual income:

$47,520 or less for individuals
$64,080 or less for couples
$97,200 or less for a family of 4.

see: http://www.merckhelps.com/ZOSTAVAX

[Edited on 9-20-2016 by SFandH]

and you need not be an american citizen...bet some of my neighbors fit into that "financial hardship":yes:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2016 at 07:25 AM

Sounds like we shall be getting the vaccine this year - I remember a teen having it while we were in high school. My mom had it on her legs if I am not mistaken. Took a long time for her to get over it.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-22-2016 at 07:10 PM

Do it, just do it. If you're over 60, what's another vaccination going to do to you... stunt your growth? Then go have a smoke after the shot, or maybe another kind of shot. As recently said publicly, "Whadayagotta lose?"

BTW, it's flu and pneumonia vaccine season. I've always been tough, thought ''I don't need no stinking shots!" .... until I got double pneumonia at 60. Now I put up with the two-day ache when necessary. And, as usual the flu vaccine is available here in my tiny pueblo... just not for VA as usual. They say "check back in a week". So the system grinds, que no?

Just do it.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.