Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ride Fron Yuma to San Felipe Needed in October
Crittersitter

[*] posted on 9-23-2016 at 07:51 PM
Ride Fron Yuma to San Felipe Needed in October

Hi

Is anyone going that way?
Would need a ride on October 8.
1 person with minimal stuff ( 1 suitcase).

Thanks

Jen
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-24-2016 at 08:58 AM

Good luck with your search! I could adjust my travel plans to come down through Yuma, but it would be two or three weeks after your chosen date.

I assume you would have your passport, and maybe even your FMM in order, and not be carrying anything that would cause problems for the driver.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Crittersitter

[*] posted on 9-24-2016 at 04:30 PM

Hi, and thanks for the reply!

Yes passport and drivers license are current- I'll need to get a fmm card at the border.
I'll be in San Felipe for 8 days
Was originally planning to rent a car and drive from Yuma but not sure if I'll be able to rent one with a debit card.
So am looking into alternate ways to get there.
My dates are not flexible unfortunately-I have to get there on the 8th.
I'm looking into taking a bus from Yuma as well- have a post elsewhere about that if a ride doesnt work out.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-24-2016 at 05:25 PM

Why Yuma and not El Centro, a whole lot closer to Mexicali (12 miles vs. 40+?)... Rental cars that you can take into Mexico may not be that easy to get there, however. Or, were you going to rent in Mexicali?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Crittersitter

[*] posted on 9-25-2016 at 11:09 AM

Where is El Centro? How close to Yuma?
I have flight booked into Yuma.
I thought it would be fairly simple to get to the border and then take a bus to San Felipe but it seems not the be the case.
I will need to take thebus to San Felipe and I can only find a schedule leaving from Mexicali.
If anyone knows of one leaving from somewhere closer to Yuma please let me know
I'm not at all familiar with that part of the country but figured there would be local transportation
I have spent hours online try to figure this out.
Think I may have to spring for a cab to Mexicali
akshadow
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2016 at 08:52 PM
Yuma Mexicali (El Centro, Ca)

approx 60 miles from Yuma to El Centro on I8 then 10 miles south to Calexico which is on the border directly across from Mexicali.

Ron San Felipe Oct, Nov. Feb. Mar. April. remainder in Juneau Ak
Crittersitter

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 06:56 PM

Thanks akshadow!
Although the bus doesn't run to centro from Yuma on Saturdays.
So still have to find a way to Mexicali to get the bus to San Felipe ...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-28-2016 at 07:32 PM

Maybe you could cross border at Los algodones, then take bus to Mexicali, and transfer to bus for san Felipe.

There are not many busses running on usa side, but bus transport is relatively abundant in Mexico.

Crittersitter

[*] posted on 9-29-2016 at 07:45 PM

Thanks mtgoat666

Also there's a bus from rio San Luis to Mexicali at 10am- if I can get there on time-
Apparently yuma buses only run twice a week to there as well!
Heard there was some kind of van service but haven't found out where despite spending a lot of time searching online.
Riom
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2016 at 02:56 PM

There is a bus from Los Alogodones to Mexicali, from a private company:
https://www.facebook.com/Transportes-Miguel-SIGA-35749151778...

You'd have to check with them where to catch it, where it ends up, how much and how long (looks like 2 hours journey time).

The Yuma bus 5 goes to Andrade (US side of the border) several times each day but since you'll have to change buses it would be easier to take a taxi or Uber direct from the airport (maybe $30ish on Uber).

BTW Uber show $100-$140 for Yuma airport to the Calexico border, or around $50 for San Luis, AZ (where you could cross to San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora, but you'd still need to get an express bus to Mexicali).

There's also the 12.40 Greyhound bus from Yuma to Calexico, gets there 1.50pm for $16 (and one much earlier, before your flight).

I haven't tried any of these, they're just ideas for you. Good luck!

Rob
Crittersitter

[*] posted on 10-5-2016 at 09:13 AM

Thanks Rob!
I've found a ride down to SFe but will need that info for the trip back.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.