Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: San Ignacio - Best Hotels
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 03:37 PM
San Ignacio - Best Hotels

What are the best hotels to stay at in San Ignacio?
Planning a trip in late November, will the whale tourism be full swing then?

We will just be driving through and don't want to pay too much and don't need too much but clean and nice room.

Restaurants too if you know of a good one.

We have been a few times and don't really have a fav hotel/restaurant.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 04:02 PM

La Huerta (motel) is just past the mission, on the right. A market is at the entrance, and they are building a restaurant. Have stayed there in 2015 and this past month... $31 for a single king bed.

The Desert Inn Hotel is along the entrance road into town from Hwy. 1, about $90 last year when we asked (the La Huerta was full on our second trip through San Ignacio). We stayed at Ricardo's (Rice and Beans) motel, $50, not a great memory.

La Huerta Motel...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 04:12 PM

In my trip report, you will also see photos of us eating breakfast at Victor's in the town plaza.

We have had lunch and dinner at Rice and Beans and always good... their motel was less than perfect, however.

Whale season is mostly Dec-Mar. or Apr.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 05:26 PM

I have to throw cold water on the party but La Huerta is not a great place to stay. The beds are dreadful and the prices just keep creeping up. It's ok but not a lot better than Motel Fong which is the lowest rung on the ladder in San Ignacio. As far as eats go I would also avoid Victors for anything but a simple breakfast. Above all avoid the fish. We just ate there for the third time this year and the normally so so fish was really awful and burnt. The cook has not a clue. You would think I would learn. I wish we could make a recommendation for something in San Ignacio but we're still looking.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 05:38 PM

How interesting, both times I stayed there, a year apart, were inexpensive (under $35), and bed was comfortable. Pat also had a good night's rest last month.

Only had breakfast at Victor's. Last year, fish dinner at Rice & Beans was very good. Previous fish dinners there were also good.

Quesadillas or quesatacos across the highway from the Pemex were great, by the way.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 07:14 PM

Wow...amazing that you had such a bad bed etc. at la huerta. My niece and a bunch of her friends stayed there and loved it...go figure.

I have had some nice meals at Victor's, but I don't order fish since they aren't on the coast. I am real picky about fresh fish. I order burritos or quesadillas - simple stuff not likely to be messed up!

If you are going whale watching, perhaps stay out there?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 07:32 PM

I'm with Blanca on la huerta. I stayed there earlier this year after recommendations from friends in Loreto and enjoyed it. Don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable and the rooms, including the beds, were comfortable. I will stay there again if ever in need of overnight accommodations in San Ignacio.
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 07:46 PM

I am also with Blanca and David, We were there in November, clean rooms, good price. Also had a good meal at Victors! will be staying there again this year. But next week it will be San Felipe:bounce:
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 08:05 PM

There's no debate - La Huerta.

Last month and last year the bed and AC functioned perfectly.

Good wifi.

Cheap. Like $38/night

TV/Satellite.

Best hotel I've stayed in San Ignacio.

It's like the Jardines of Baja Sur.

With a mini zoo.

And a mercado with two beautiful women as cashier.

And a restaurant going in by January.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 08:11 PM

Victor has always been good to us....ever since he was the cook at Campo Rene.
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 08:11 PM

Do they have wi-fi?
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 08:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
Do they have wi-fi?

YES. And free cafe en la maņana.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 08:31 PM

What is wrong with the YURTS at Ignacio Inn B&B?

Even without a reservation, they have been very accommodating. How can you beat the romantic environment of sleeping in a yurt right next to the San Ignacio river?

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 08:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
What is wrong with the YURTS at Ignacio Inn B&B?

Even without a reservation, they have been very accommodating. How can you beat the romantic environment of sleeping in a yurt right next to the San Ignacio river?

Absolutely a good choice - the Yurts.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 09:15 PM

SI is a pretty town. Truly a shame to see ugly hotels like Huerta popping up. A row of concrete boxes, fronting a barren unlandscaped front. Ugh. :no:

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
La Huerta (motel) is just past the mission, on the right. A market is at the entrance, and they are building a restaurant. Have stayed there in 2015 and this past month... $31 for a single king bed.

The Desert Inn Hotel is along the entrance road into town from Hwy. 1, about $90 last year when we asked (the La Huerta was full on our second trip through San Ignacio). We stayed at Ricardo's (Rice and Beans) motel, $50, not a great memory.

La Huerta Motel...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 09:38 PM

Goat, for you I recommend the yurts... they come with 'wildlife experience'!

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 07:14 AM

OK, I knew there would be some push back on this one. Huerta IS clean but the beds are inexpensive cardboard planks with cheap sheets that barely cover the bed. We paid 650 pesos which is reasonable but they have added a 100 p charge for the doggie. Anyway it's clean but not very comfortable. As for Victors we had tostadas de pollo and jurel empanizado. The fish was way overcooked and of questionable freshness. My bad for ordering it. The tostadas consisted of a vapid pile of limp chicken with some iceberg and the usual tasteless tomatoes. We're still looking for a good place to say in San Ignacio. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 07:58 AM

san ignacio b and b, (or "the yurts"), is a great place to stay for comfort AND food...breakfast is included in the price and is fabulous!!!...also their daughter has a little restaurant in town called Tootsies that also has wonderful food....just can't beat these places here.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mulegemichael  
san ignacio b and b, (or "the yurts"), is a great place to stay for comfort AND food...breakfast is included in the price and is fabulous!!!...also their daughter has a little restaurant in town called Tootsies that also has wonderful food....just can't beat these places here.

www.ignaciosprings.com

My photos from 2009 when we stayed there...

OTHER YURTS:

The river at Ignacio Springs Bed & Breakfast:

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 11:11 AM

The yurts next to the river are soooo cool!

You get to watch a sunset behind the palms next to the river while drinking a margarita or a beer.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.