Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: San Ignacio - Best Hotels
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 12:15 PM

Ignacio Springs is beautiful with a fantastic breakfast but if you just want somewhere to sleep the night and are on a budget, La Huerta is fine but extremely thin walls so brig ear plugs. I love the store right there and it has no traffic noise.

The best scallops I have ever had was at Victors so I guess it depends who is cooking and if the seafood is fresh.

I am not at all fussy but my one stay at Rice & Beans was awful...never again...not clean, crappy beds and bedding, not great service, no wifi in the rooms, noisy as all get out and overpriced.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 03:59 PM

Well good to hear all of that. We have only driven through, never stayed in San Ignacio for days. The last time we arrived to all hotels booked and stayed on the highway at Baja Oasis and it was just fine, clean with secure parking, surprisingly the road traffic wasn't bad. We'd much rather find a better spot but it was good enough.

As far as restaurants: Tootsies was great but $$$. I have eaten lunch at a place with brick arches, on the way out of town to the salt flats. Not sure the name 'Los Arcos???' This place has been great, not fast service but plenty good. Thats the only place I know of that I like in town.

May try La Huerta or the Desert Inn. We are always looking for clean/safe first then price and other amenities next...
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 04:06 PM

RICE & BEANS is too close to Mexico 1. Makes it hard to sleep.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 06:57 PM

udo....and the rock hard beds dont help....and one morning i woke up there to hit the road and dumped a couple dozen crickets out of my shoes...inside the room...!!!!....that's what i get for wearing SHOES...

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 09:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
The yurts next to the river are soooo cool!

You get to watch a sunset behind the palms next to the river while drinking a margarita or a beer.

Stayed at the yurts one time, very nice and friendly. However it was in January with a wind blowing and the room was"leaky"and pretty cold. Otherwise very nice.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
Makhaon

[*] posted on 10-5-2016 at 05:19 AM

Unless you are on a really tight budget, the Ignacio Springs B&B is a great place to stay. It is about a mile from the town square. The hospitality and breakfast are great.

IMG_1381_edited-1.jpg - 177kB

IMG_1378_edited-2.jpg - 238kB

[Edited on 10-5-2016 by Makhaon]
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 10-5-2016 at 07:34 PM

thanks for the yurt photos! I've been there to deliver items for friends, en route to lagoon, but haven't stayed so it's good to see the interiors.

Will agree with what others have said about La Huerta. It was a great option when my group stayed there last year. Clean, modern, great water pressure & quality. 24 hour guard for the vehicles. Easy walk to town. WiFi in the office (that may have improved) and they allow pets (no charge last year, again may have changed.)

I admit I carry my own pillow and sleeping sack and (in winter) sleeping bag that I use when staying in most Baja hotels, so can't address quality of La Huerta's bedding. I do this since my dog insists on sleeping on the bed with me, so I cover the bed with a lightweight fleece cover so there's no concerns over having a dog on the bedspread/sheets.

(I admit- in some places I've stayed, a well behaved poodle could be the least of the problem!)

So- another vote for La Huerta!

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-6-2016 at 06:38 AM

Long history of visiting SI. Never stayed any place by the Yurts. Comfortable and friendly place to stay.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-6-2016 at 08:59 AM

The WiFi now works in all the rooms and even out where the others set up camp by the animal cages. The sheets were fine... I always look after the report made about Motel Cabanas Linda in Catavińa not washing sheets between guests!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2016 at 07:49 PM

We just got back and stayed at Desert Inn San Ignacio.
It was great. The room had almost nothing more than 2 beds, a TV and a bathroom. And that was perfect for us. The rooms were clean and nice. We really like the style of the old 'La Pinta' (Presidente) hotels.
No problem with thin walls there.

It was a bit cold but the pool was nice

We'd definitely stay there again
surfinggrandpa71
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2016 at 05:10 AM

The yurts at Ignacio Springs are decent, but not what they were years ago. I think the constant annual flooding has taken its toll on the place and the owners. We stayed there a few months ago, it had a moldy smell and the breakfast isn't half as good, or as sanitary,as it used to be. The bathrooms were pretty rough and questionable as well. The owners also seem to be burned out on the whole bed and breakfast idea.
La Huerta seems to be the up and coming spot,after talking to a few folks, will try it next year on our annual Scorpion Bay trip
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2016 at 08:18 AM

We were at the La Huerta last week, good price's and very clean.
they said the restaurant will be open some time in Dec. looks like
it a very nice place also.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2016 at 01:31 PM

and I completely forgot to mention the newish place with all the artistic animals in the yard. As you leave the square towards La Huerta, it is on the left.

I will hunt for the thread I did on it. I met some folks who had stayed there and they loved it. I met Carolina the owner once and she is a hoot!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2016 at 08:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
and I completely forgot to mention the newish place with all the artistic animals in the yard. As you leave the square towards La Huerta, it is on the left.

I will hunt for the thread I did on it. I met some folks who had stayed there and they loved it. I met Carolina the owner once and she is a hoot!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2016 at 07:32 AM

Stayed at the Yurts a few weeks ago and it was great in my opinion. Wife got eaten alive somehow while we were sleeping but I was fine.

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2016 at 10:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BooJumMan  
Stayed at the Yurts a few weeks ago and it was great in my opinion. Wife got eaten alive somehow while we were sleeping but I was fine.

That was part of the "wildlife experience" I mentioned!
Did you see any giant c-ckroaches, or rats, in your yurt? :O:lol:

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 12-5-2016 at 06:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfinggrandpa71  
The yurts at Ignacio Springs are decent, but not what they were years ago. I think the constant annual flooding has taken its toll on the place and the owners. We stayed there a few months ago, it had a moldy smell and the breakfast isn't half as good, or as sanitary,as it used to be. The bathrooms were pretty rough and questionable as well. The owners also seem to be burned out on the whole bed and breakfast idea.
La Huerta seems to be the up and coming spot,after talking to a few folks, will try it next year on our annual Scorpion Bay trip

I've heard that the owners are indeed burnt out on their B&B due to both fires and floods. They have been very helpful with whale watching arrangements and other services in the past but I haven't stopped there the last 4 times through town. Victor is a character and very entertaining but the food is really hit and miss the last few times. Tootsie's is such a tourist trap that it's almost embarrassing to be seen there. Overpriced and no locals that I've ever met there, the first time just after opening was kinda fun but not since then. Rice 'n Beans has given me tourista and so I ignore their food and the facilities have been pounded without good maintenance or enhancement. The whole Ecotourista scene is taking a toll on the authenticity San Ignacio used to represent to me. Has anyone seen Oscar at the Posada lately, he's a favorite of mine.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Sportsnut1600

[*] posted on 12-15-2016 at 04:18 PM

I'm thinking of staying at the yurts. does anyone know where to find prices at? I'm new on here. so, Hola everyone.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2016 at 08:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sportsnut1600  
I'm thinking of staying at the yurts. does anyone know where to find prices at? I'm new on here. so, Hola everyone.

Hi there and welcome...
Go to their web site and see otherwise contact them: www.ignaciosprings.com
Back in 2009 the small yurt was about $85 and that includes a Canadian style breakfast, eh!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-15-2016 at 08:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
Quote: Originally posted by surfinggrandpa71  
Tootsie's is such a tourist trap that it's almost embarrassing to be seen there. Overpriced and no locals that I've ever met there, the first time just after opening was kinda fun but not since then.

The opinion of locals is that the prices are too high. Priced for gringos, not locals.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.