Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sailboat for sale - located San Diego
SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2016 at 09:29 AM
Sailboat for sale - located San Diego

Hey guys I have a great boat, Sly McFly it's a 1983 Pearson Flyer 30. Brand new Tohatsu Sailpro 6 HP outboard. Full NEMA 2000 electronics including: VHF, GPS Chart plotter, true/apparent wind speed, depth, water speed, and fish finder. Autopilot. Rod holders for 6 rods - you can troll a 3 line set.

I won the 2015 Newport - Ensenada PHRF Class G in this boat plus many other trophies. Sail on a reach at 9.5 knots can hit 11 or 12 downwind in the right conditions. Easily sail upwind at 7.5 knots. I've caught yellowfin tuna, yellowtail, bass, and bonita from the c-ckpit. Motors at 1/2 throttle, 5.5 knots, 10 MPG. Holds 7 gallons in 2 tanks, plus 2, 5 gallon cans. You have nearly a 200 mile range under power (much, much more if motor sailing). The old diesel tank is still there and could be converted to gas.

Self tailing winches and everything needed for ISAF Cat 2 ocean racing.

The outboard is on a bracket, raises and lowers, and there is a motor lift to remove the engine for service or to store inside.

Inside we have a galley with 2 burner butane stove, refrigerator, and sink. Fridge runs off invertor. The V Berth is rebuilt to a very nice and comfortable bed and storage shelves. Portipotty. There are 3 batteries and 2 chargers, one battery/charger is dedicated to the invertor located where the old diesel engine used to be. Inboard Engine, prop, shaft and strut are removed.

30 gallon water bladder with deck fill. Hand pump to galley sink.

The boat sleeps 5. Folding aluminum tables for salon or c-ckpit.

There is a new Zodiac dingy and classic old Mercury 3.5 HP 2 stroke outboard. Runs great.

Rocna and Danforth anchors with chain and rope.

Lots of sails, in fact so many you probably don't want them all.

Outside I have a bimini with 135 watts of solar panels (and room for more), solar charge controller set up for 2 banks, the boat can live off the grid for weeks at a time. With the included 1000 watt Yamaha generator you never need shore power.

I originally planned to sail to Loreto and retire / live there and this would be a great boat for the Sea of Cortez. Sail, fish, explore very cheaply. I have new plans for a larger boat. This summer we sailed San Diego - Santa Barbara island and return, 3 weeks 300 miles, all off grid. No problems.

We live in Baja and yet use the boat as a weekend house in San Diego, the boat is in Marina Cortez by the airport, the slip is transferable. We sail every weekend.

I will give unlimited sailing lessons. I will sail with you on any delivery even to southern Baja.

The boat is ready to go, add gas and go virtually anywhere.

$11,500 for everything. I will sell for significantly less if you don't want certain things (generator, self tailing winches, solar system, instruments, dinghy/outboard, etc.) Let me take those things off and I'll come down to $5K for boat, brand new engine under warranty, and sails.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-13-2016 at 07:31 PM

Retire and live on a sailboat... tempting!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 10-13-2016 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Retire and live on a sailboat... tempting!

On a 30'er?....:?:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2016 at 07:50 PM

Slip rental? Just curious.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 12:42 AM

No, sail 'er around the horn (Cabo) and back up to La Paz and anchor up with the rest of the gringo sea hobos.
After some well earned rnr I will go into town and meet a rich widow. Or at least a nice lady with an apartment.
And 30 is a bit to smaller to live on. I've seen people living on smaller in Avalon for the summer

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 06:57 AM

wow sounds like a great deal...I lived on my 31' (9'beam) Harrison Butler sloop for many years...entirely doable!!!! Go for it Fishbuck

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 11:10 AM

I'm selling Sly and I'll buy something around 40 feet. My plan is then to sail south with my wife. I am looking at some boats in San Carlos. I know there was some hurricane impact this year. Damn San Carlos is a long ways away! 17 hour drive it says.

I'm in no hurry to sell, this boat is my weekend home right now, but I'd like to move on by around Spring. But make an offer, join the migration South.

see photos on sailboatlistings ebay or craigslist san diego

The slip at Marina Cortez is 490/month, if you moved to Mission Bay 350/month, moorings are 145/month, Ensenada is about 300/month for live aboard at Cruiseport Marina.

[Edited on 10-14-2016 by SlyOnce]

[Edited on 10-14-2016 by SlyOnce]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 12:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I lived on my 31' (9'beam) Harrison Butler sloop for many years

If the sloop is rocking, don't bother knocking? :tumble:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.