BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rotten fishing today in Lopez for Mark and Gary with Captain Chico.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2016 at 06:32 PM
Rotten fishing today in Lopez for Mark and Gary with Captain Chico.

Captain Chico, Mark Taylor of San Diego and Gary Bates of Fresno.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-16-2016 at 06:35 PM

I wish I could wake there tomorrow!:coolup:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2016 at 06:47 PM

i am sorry but as a lifetime fisherman, i do not agree with the quantity of fish, in this case snook, that has been taken.

it is an example of why the fishing in baja and other areas are being decimated by greedy fisherpeople as well as commercial interests with the mentality of " catch and kill all you can ".

yes, they are probably within mexican fishing limits but it is excessive.

my dos centavos !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2016 at 06:54 PM

agreed, waaay to many fish! pleeeze feel free to drop me off just one of the tastey little devils!:P
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-16-2016 at 07:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT  
i am sorry but as a lifetime fisherman, i do not agree with the quantity of fish, in this case snook, that has been taken.

it is an example of why the fishing in baja and other areas are being decimated by greedy fisherpeople as well as commercial interests with the mentality of " catch and kill all you can ".

my dos centavos !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Agree!
Irresponsible to take so many!
Why can't a$$hat sport fishermen move beyond the rape and pillage method of sport fishing and learn to enjoy catch/release?

KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2016 at 07:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

my dos centavos !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Agree!
Irresponsible to take so many!
Why can't a$$hat sport fishermen move beyond the rape and pillage method of sport fishing and learn to enjoy catch/release?

Yep
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-16-2016 at 08:12 PM

I am another life-long fisherman, and large catches of salmon were not only fun for my family, but an important part of our diet! I live alone now, so cleaning and cooking that many fish is something I don't do much anymore. Catch and release is fun, but that also takes a toll on some fish, and isn't always successful.

Having said that, I have no problem with the catch discussed on this thread, if the following parameters are met;

1. It was legally taken
2. There is a sustainable population of the fish
3. None of the fish are wasted!

The value brought to a community by sport fishermen, distributes more cash to more people than the same quantity of fish going to the commercial market

[Edited on 10-17-2016 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 01:13 PM

How many snook can 1 sport license take per day?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 01:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
How many snook can 1 sport license take per day?

Snook=5 per day per 1 license

In ocean waters and estuaries the limit is a total of ten fish per person per day, with no more than 5 catches of a single specie, except of the species of the “Billfishes”, Shark and Giant Seabass (Stereolepis gigas), of which only one specimen from this group is allowed per day, and which counts a five toward the overall 10 fish limit, or Dorado, Roosterfish, Shad or Tarpon, Gulf Grouper (Mycyteroperca jordani) and Blue Fin Tuna (Thunnus orientals), of which only two samples from this group are allowed, and which count as five toward the overall 10 fish limit. In the case of squid, the capture limit will be 5 samples per fisherman per day

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 04:05 PM

As long as the catch is used for food, why the crap here? These guys travel a long way to have a fishing memory...and they did that. Why jump their sheeit about it?
I'm no fan of thrill-killing fish, but gawwwdammm, cut 'em some slack.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 05:54 PM

Hola,

NO SLACK TO BE GIVEN ! TRAVELING TO LOPEZ MATEO ISN'T A GOOD REASON FOR OVERKILL.

people travel from all over to fish cabo, the east cape, puerto vallarta, etc. and respect their limits.

i have seen personally in loreto, fish and game checking boats coming in for licensing and limits. AS THEY SHOULD ! and citing people for over limits and no license.

when i lived in the east cape, los barriles to be specific, fish and game checked for licenses and limits, once again, AS THEY SHOULD. AND... they confiscated boats and fishing gear to be retrieved in la paz after a hearing.

as fish populations get decimated, as they are in the sea of cortez and elsewhere, there will be no reason for fishermen to visit these destinations and they will lose what monies were generated.

then what ?

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 06:23 PM

Hola,

NO SLACK TO BE GIVEN ! TRAVELING TO LOPEZ MATEO ISN'T A GOOD REASON FOR OVERKILL.

people travel from all over to fish cabo, the east cape, puerto vallarta, etc. and respect their limits.

i have seen personally in loreto, fish and game checking boats coming in for licensing and limits. AS THEY SHOULD ! and citing people for over limits and no license.

when i lived in the east cape, los barriles to be specific, fish and game checked for licenses and limits, once again, AS THEY SHOULD. AND... they confiscated boats and fishing gear to be retrieved in la paz after a hearing.

as fish populations get decimated, as they are in the sea of cortez and elsewhere, there will be no reason for fishermen to visit these destinations and they will lose what monies were generated.

then what ?

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

whoa hotrod.....im seeing eleven snook for three anglers.....no?
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 07:00 PM

So 5 fish per sport license a day. I would catch my 5 if I could. Why not?

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 07:37 PM

exactly :yes:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-19-2016 at 10:06 AM

Because virtually all the fisheries in Mexico are collapsing?

I guess it boils down to whether you accept the "get all you can, before they disappear" mentality.

There is the letter of the law and then there is the spirit of the law.

Mexican fishing limits have always been c-ckamamie. If commercial limits were actually ENFORCED on dorado (which they clearly aren't), then a limit of two dorado per day is ludicrous. Sportfishers could never make a dent on the population, even at a more reasonable 5-per-day limit.

Yet, there are fish that you are allowed 5 per day that grow at a much slower reproductive rate than dorado, like YFT, YT, sierra, cabrilla and other bottom species.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2016 at 01:01 PM

my dos centavos !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

X2!

[Edited on 10-19-2016 by pacificobob]
tommix130

[*] posted on 12-15-2016 at 04:59 PM

An old thread but I think that it needs a push:lol:
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2016 at 12:04 AM

in what direction ?????

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
surfinggrandpa71
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2016 at 08:16 AM

Geez, this is ridiculous.........look at the group of other fish on the table as well........
I guess slaughtering everything makes up for small penis ?

pendejos
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2016 at 11:21 AM

Something to be very proud of......?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.