Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja 1000 GPS files
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-23-2016 at 10:50 AM

Race traffic has a speed limit (GPS monitored), that is under what many drive Mexican highways at. It will just be busy, like Ensenada in the afternoon. If people decide to line the racecourse with their bodies, instead of staying a safe distance back, then it is their poor decision-making.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

beachbum1A
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 10:01 PM

I had "heard" that the race was starting/ending at Ojos Negos as an added safety measure but cannot find anything posted regarding this. Anything to it?

Just do it!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 11:02 PM

http://www.elvigia.net/general/2016/11/13/saldria-baja-enfre...

Quote: Originally posted by beachbum1A  
I had "heard" that the race was starting/ending at Ojos Negos as an added safety measure but cannot find anything posted regarding this. Anything to it?
beachbum1A
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2016 at 07:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

OK. So as I interpret the translation from the article dated November 13th, it says that if the City does not provide the additional 450 personnel for security, the race will have to start in Ojos Negros. So more or less that decision is still pending - yes?

Just do it!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-14-2016 at 07:45 AM

Yup. I believe the Municipality is waiting to see if the race promoters will pay for the additional security. If not, the start goes to Ojos Negros

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

OK. So as I interpret the translation from the article dated November 13th, it says that if the City does not provide the additional 450 personnel for security, the race will have to start in Ojos Negros. So more or less that decision is still pending - yes?
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2016 at 06:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  

Thanks for the two track overlays
Just curious I cannot get the SCORE LV4 USR file to open. Do you know what it is about?

I want to drive the summit in my latest baja rig. V Trinidad up & over and to the bottom to Arroyo Saiz and back. I will be available to do it on the 30th or later. Send me a U2U and we can get together.
PW

The LV4 is for newer Lowrances, the LV2 is for older ones. If you experiencing problems with the LV4 version, I'd try the other (and I'll bet it will work for you).

I load the LV2 version into all COPS cars/trucks - they have all generations of Lowrance GPSs and they all handle that file just fine.

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2016 at 08:12 PM

No clue when LV4 first arrived.
More home work - got it all sorted out
Old (LV2) = Global map & up thru HDS Gen1 & HDS Gen 2 with SW version 2.5 or less.
New (LV4) = HDS Gen2 with SW above v2.5, and all HDS Gen 3.

My new HDS Gen 2 7m with SW v2.5 works great with LV2 Its an impressive unit, but I sure miss my GM 7200C which went with the Bronco when I sold it.
Looks like RN bit the bullet and bought the license for LV4? Had to do it because GEN 3 is the only thing available now days.
New lesson learned - Never get rid of your old units. Newer is not always better.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.