Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: San Felipe-area Jeep recovery
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2016 at 12:35 PM

Where is all his supporters? David K? Maybe they can help get the stuff back.I always thought it was weird that people would have their wives or girlfriends donate their underwear (while he is watching them disrobe with glistening eyes). Reminds of something Trump would do. Now he strips some poor guys car who had to leave it in an emergency. I hope people rethink their support for him.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-24-2016 at 12:35 PM

This is sad to hear about Coco he has always been good to us. If in fact the jeep in his care and he removed parts. Then you owe him not one dime. Take your jeep without payment nobody to stop you.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-24-2016 at 12:41 PM

I am a Coco supporter....a bit surprised with the allegations....did Coco do it or what? I will wait to hear the story after the dust settles.

Don't believe everything you think....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2016 at 12:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
This is sad to hear about Coco he has always been good to us. If in fact the jeep in his care and he removed parts. Then you owe him not one dime. Take your jeep without payment nobody to stop you.

heck even I could outrun coco!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2016 at 12:47 PM

If it seems Coco is in fact showing a lack of appreciation for all the off-road community has done for him, maybe a sanction cutting off any more delivery of panties to him would be in order?
Steve & Lillian

[*] posted on 10-24-2016 at 09:12 PM

Jeep recovery update. First off thank you to the guys helping with Petes jeep recovery. This site is awesome, I should've posted on here right away... Anyways the latest is that mark is going to Coco's tomorrow with a flatbed to get the jeep and I will pick it up from his place on Thursday. It sounds like some of the guys that know coco have reached out to him and he may not charge the $300, we'll see. And by the way, I'm Steve, I was on the Baja trip with Pete when he crashed, hello everyone. Thanks again Mark, it really makes it easier for me picking the jeep up at your place. Now it will be just one long day driving instead of a two dayer. Pete is an awesome guy and I'm quite sure he would do anything he could to help someone in a time of need like this, I hope you guys get the chance to meet him. Thanks. Steve.
Steve & Lillian

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 06:39 AM

Yes Thank you Mark for helping out :) We only met Pete the night before the accident and already seems like we knew him a life time.
Marks help will give us a 10 hrs drive pulling a flat bed to & from instead of approximately 14 hrs.....
Stu & Eric left the seen by dark, while we drove Pete to El Centro Reginal Hospital where they life flighted him to UC Trouna Center, than we drove back to km 47.5 where Melanie had openned her house/property for us is to camp. (Just about 12 km before Cow Patties)
Stu & Eric only saw 1 car go by the seen on that road back from Playa Calamujue & they were a couple American kayakers in a small car. (Playa Calamujue had abandant fisher's huts) Eric & Stu told Coco about the accident on their way back to Melanie's & told him that they were coming back for the jeep 1st thing am which they did only to see the jeep gone & dragged to Coco's place. Coco was claiming that Stu told Coco he can have the jeep, which didn't make sense since they told him they were coming back for the jeep the next morning? Coco claims he & a friend drove & dragged the jeep to his place in the middle of the night. Which would of helped if the jeep wasn't tripped, the spare tire & battery were gone as well. Coco claimed him & his friend drove it part of the way so proves the battery was still there. After waiting for 7 hrs for the tow truck to show up, which was included in his ACE Seguros Liability coverage. Tow guy showed up with a beat down regular tow truck coming from Aregro Negro, not a flat bed which I verified several times to them & they didn't even know of a yard in Mexicali to tow it to? So at this point we had to leave the jeep with Coco & told him we were coming back for the jeep. I know he doesn't have much control in his area since he is disabled, so will see what is left. I did see that the jeep was moved to the far side of his property, not next to his building when we left on Friday, October 14th
Wasn't sure how to post the picture of the jeep being parked next to his house though :(
Thank you everyone, we learned a lot on this trip, especially finding out what company will tow to a Mexicali yard or across the border.
Lillian
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 07:00 AM

I passed through Coco's Corner for the first time this year, in all my years as a Nomad I'd never driven Mex 5. from previous posts about the place and the guy, I'd sort of formed an opinion on Coco before meeting him. in person, that opinion changed. I have been following this post, and will continue to follow it to it's conclusion, before sharing it.

[Edited on 10-25-2016 by rhintransit]

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 09:03 AM

He has a lot of control over his area as long as he is there. It is fenced. We will see what is left. Interesting he claims the jeep was given to him. Although he does not always show it, he understands English quiet well.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 09:45 AM

so how's pete doing???

double check those seat belts folks! ;)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 09:48 AM

The Coco corner scene reminds me of Mad Max movies: a toothless, crippled, crude, scavenger vulture with borderline morals and ethics living in desolate desert wasteland, decorating his lean-to and yard with discarded panties and scrap metal, frequently visited by scruffy overweight desert-warrior(-wanna-bes) on over-amped motorbikes, dressed in boots/helmets/leather/armor, stopping to drink beer, fart, spit, and ogle the pinup posters and panties collections :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-25-2016 by mtgoat666]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 09:57 AM

....and.....?

Don't believe everything you think....
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
The Coco corner scene reminds me of Mad Max movies: a toothless, crippled, crude, scavenger vulture with borderline morals and ethics living in desolate desert wasteland, decorating his lean-to and yard with discarded panties and scrap metal, frequently visited by scruffy overweight desert-warrior(-wanna-bes) on over-amped motorbikes, dressed in boots/helmets/leather/armor, stopping to drink beer, fart, spit, and ogle the pinup posters and panties collections :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn. You nailed it. Sounds exactly like us.
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

Damn. You nailed it. Sounds exactly like us.

Damn, never been there but now I wanna go !
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 10:40 AM

change the name of hwy5 to Fury Road!:P
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 10:54 AM

overweight desert-warrior(-wanna-bes)

:lol::lol: you certainly nailed the Nomad contingent(sp) !
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 03:52 PM

Jeeps---personally I never get near them, something may fall off and hurt me. J stands for junk, it always has. You will always find a Jeep in a list of most unreliable vehicles. If you do plan to actually drive one make sure it has a six point harness and a NASCAR roll cage.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 05:18 PM

Talk about hijacking...

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
... not be a pendejo over this.

...This was an interesting thread.

And still is... just grow out of it and let the thread flow....;)

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 05:28 PM

Jeep has been recovered from Coco's and is in my possession. Steve will get it Thursday and trailer it back to the USA.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 06:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
Jeep has been recovered from Coco's and is in my possession. Steve will get it Thursday and trailer it back to the USA.

Did you recover any missing parts as well? Pay any fees to Coco?

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.