Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Moose
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 02:09 PM
Baja Moose

What is the story behind this mountainside near the Bay of Concepcion? Looks like a moose rack outlined w/whitewash.

jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 02:39 PM
land art

I know the same artist made a picture of a whale with white rocks you can see from a plane. Gabriela Ochoa from Krutsio was telling me about him.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 03:06 PM

Mexican artist?
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 03:12 PM

yep, I forgot his name.
The landscape where you took the picture always has the same effect on people, they never know if it is manmade or real or what....... until yu take the time to hike there and you realie it's painted.
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 03:13 PM
for UFOs

Has anyone seen that baja whale drawing from a plane (like the Nazca lines in Peru) ?

Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 05:02 PM
I may be misinformed but,

maybe an old chicano mural artist out of San Diego named Luis Espanoza? (really and truly sorry on the spelling, I totaly screwed it up and can't find it in the dictonary to save my life. Also if it actually was someone else), but it seems years ago in my faded memory, he was credited with having done the piece. Anyway, if anyone knows of Luis's recent history, I am interested to know how he is doing. I saw him a few years back after he had suffered a stroke and for him art had become just watching the sun rise and set.

[Edited on 2-5-2005 by Eli]

[Edited on 2-5-2005 by Eli]
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 06:10 PM

Flames, I always thought the rocks looked like flames as we would drive by. Then one trip down in, yes I believe it was the late 80's, lo and behold sombody had outlined the whole thing with white and as I recall some red/orange too.

There was an article in one of the baja magazines once about the artist. Can't remember the name, so I'll take Sara's word for it.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 07:20 PM

I was very impressed with it more than a half dozen years ago when I spent about three weeks doing absolutely nothing at La Perla, just south of El Requeson. I was told that the brown rocks are a natural outcropping and the (no doubt Christo inspired) artist received a gov't grant to outline it in white paint. Thus, it is abstract and represents whatever your subconcious wants it to represent. I think it's cool. I hate dumb looking graffitti imposed upon nature, but sometimes a natural formation suggests something that can be enhanced without destroying it and maybe brings a little smile to the traveler.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 09:42 PM

It does look cool. Twice as noticable w/the white outline. u say potato, i say poetato or is that tomato(e) Thanx fo de info.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.