BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Truck Damaged in Bahia de Concepcion
wlynch43

[*] posted on 10-26-2016 at 05:40 PM

One rider broke arm or leg and in hospital in Ensenada. From crew that I had encounter with. They were delivering fuel I believe.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2016 at 05:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
The Baja Rally only went as far south as Catavina. Support crews cannot work on the bikes during the race so no need to rush anywhere. And no accidents during the event that I am aware of involving any crew or race officials (of which I was one).

That is the only race originating out of Ensenada recently. The 250 in BCS originated in Constitucion and ended in La Paz.
wlynch43

[*] posted on 10-26-2016 at 06:37 PM

Thanks. Only relaying what these guys said. Mystery, lies deepen. Got a call morning after accident from one of the "support crew." Identified himself as Benjamin Obeso, Said both vehicles impounded, neither can be released til both parties there. Said he was at fault, cleared repairs with his insurance company. Repairs to be made by one of the best in baja, Gruas del Valle. Please come to Loreto ASAP to gef both vehicles released so repairs, covered by his insurance company, could start. I didnt go and after talking to insurance adjuster today, said no authorized repair shop in Loreto. Said other gentlemans insurance did not authorize any repairs for either vehicle. Turns out Gruas del Valle is a TOWING company. Gotta love Mexico...I wil never again step foot in this country, especially after dealing with ACE insurance adjuster today.... caught her in multiple " misnomers", shes as bad as one Benjamin Obeso. Cant wait to get this cluster of a fiasco over with and leave this place forever....little wonder all the raised eyebrows when I said.....goin to Mexico!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-26-2016 at 06:53 PM

Who did you purchase your insurance from??

Quote: Originally posted by wlynch43  
Thanks. Only relaying what these guys said. Mystery, lies deepen. Got a call morning after accident from one of the "support crew." Identified himself as Benjamin Obeso, Said both vehicles impounded, neither can be released til both parties there. Said he was at fault, cleared repairs with his insurance company. Repairs to be made by one of the best in baja, Gruas del Valle. Please come to Loreto ASAP to gef both vehicles released so repairs, covered by his insurance company, could start. I didnt go and after talking to insurance adjuster today, said no authorized repair shop in Loreto. Said other gentlemans insurance did not authorize any repairs for either vehicle. Turns out Gruas del Valle is a TOWING company. Gotta love Mexico...I wil never again step foot in this country, especially after dealing with ACE insurance adjuster today.... caught her in multiple " misnomers", shes as bad as one Benjamin Obeso. Cant wait to get this cluster of a fiasco over with and leave this place forever....little wonder all the raised eyebrows when I said.....goin to Mexico!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2016 at 07:08 PM

:lol:...well we appreciate your candor, you're not the first to have a bad experience here!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-26-2016 at 07:22 PM

Miscommunication and confusion are common in Mexico. More so when dealing across a language barrier. Take a chill pill, roll with the punches, it will all work out. Always look on the bright side of life. Seriously, just keep forging on and laugh, it will all work out. Don't write off Mexico yet.

Who was you insurance agent? Maybe call them to get them to straighten out ACE.
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2016 at 07:49 PM

I should clarify that there were no accidents involving civilian or support vehicles during the Baja Rally that I am aware of. A few racers got hurt but none seriously. And fuel was supplied by the race organization via Baja Pits at prearranged locations or at the Pemex in El Rosario.

Did you get a name of the "race" team? Maybe this was some sort of tour group?
wlynch43

[*] posted on 10-27-2016 at 06:21 AM

looking at pics I took, their sign appears to read Sons of Baja. Perhaps a tour, private group of riders??? Anyway tired of the gross incompetence of these hokey Mexican Insurance companies and their reps. I wasted two days waiting for adjuster, who would chane her answer multiple times for 75% of questions asked. Total incompetence. Will catch a bus into Loreto, bring a change of clothes, go to tow company, find out what the heck is going on for real. I will then see if I can get inner outer driver side tie rod ends expidited shipping to Loreto and fix them myself. Will drive truck with damaged bidy back to Tijuana, take truck in to authorized body shop and negotiate cost myself. Let this be a lesson to you...never fall for the rhetoric you read on insurance sites like bajabound etc. You are on your own once policy sold to you and the staff they have here in Mexico are apalling. And this cant be blamed on communication as my wife is Mexican and 1000% fluent. The issue is, well, the gross lack of competency of the staff here in Mexici.....never again people!
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2016 at 06:45 AM

Maybe it's just me, but this whole scene seems unreal.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2016 at 07:40 AM

There is a great mechanic in Loreto who will help you. He may be able to get parts for you also. His name is Fili, shop is on the highway, west side, just past the airport turn off, long conc block building, no sign. Tele 613 137 8316 He has tow truck if needed. If you need to order partsfrom the usa, fed ex, dhl can get your parts to la Paz in 2 days, then it is sub contracted to Ram delivery, which comes to loreto/mulege on tuesdats and fridays. Most parts are available in baja, what kind of truck? If you need a ride or want to borrow a van, let me know. There have been no local races around here that would require a chase crew, must have been a private tour.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-27-2016 at 08:15 AM
Insurance Broker

Who did you purchase your insurance through???

And did you contact them??
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 10-27-2016 at 12:15 PM

Hello wlynch43,

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with this situation. If you have a policy from Baja Bound please give the office a call at 1-888-552-2252 and we would be happy to look into this on your behalf. We are in regular contact with the ACE claims department and can also follow up regarding the adjuster that you have been working with.

wlynch43

[*] posted on 10-28-2016 at 11:44 AM

Hi Geoff, we have phone issues here in Mulege, will contact you when possible, thanks. Returned from Loreto, the tower, Mario at Gruas del Valle said they have heard zero, nothing, nada from our Mexican insurers. We paid from our own pockets for towing, supposedly covered by insurance, and had vehicle towed to local garage. Also too, our adjuster, Alexandra Perez, told us she had gone to tower to view vehicle. Yet the staff at the tow company said no one had been there as of yesterday afternoon. I thought it funny that adjuster hemmed and hawed around when asked what her estimate is. She finally came up with a "number" but said may not be accurate. Anyway ended up on own nickel, having local shop order inner and outer tie rod end from LaPaz. Parts will be in late today and they will install. Funny thing is when asked about getting repaired in LaPaz as towing to LaPaz was supposedly 100% covered, Alexandra said yes but unfortunately in LaPaz repair would take up to four weeks due to lack of parts. Low and behold Dodge Mexico is actually in LaPaz, parts readily available! We will get truck driveable in Loreto, drive it with damaged body back to Mulege, pick up our utility trailer here, then drive to Tijuana ourselves to do body repair. That way will not have to drive back to Mulege to pick up trailer. I am waiting to hear back from insurance on this. Beginning to think we will not only not get reimbursed for towing and steering repair paid out of pocket, doubt very much if ANYTHING will be covered by this hokey Mexican insurance company. From our experience, little wonder why so many in states view so negatively anything Mexico.
wlynch43

[*] posted on 10-28-2016 at 01:05 PM

Hi Geoff. We will be sending you a private mail via this forum. I will include policy and claim number plus way to contact us at hotel. Need help as we have now entered the Twilight Zone. When we met with adjuster,we were told she was Alexandra Perez. We were all talking, using her name, etc etc. She even left us Alaxandras email address for communication. We used a local land line minutes ago to call Alexandra Perez to confirm everything and verify she got email. We were talking to Alexandra at office. When we questioned her she said she knew nothing about our claim, that she is Alexandra and she was not the person who met with us, that was someone else who came and spoke for her! She said we are confused and she knows nothing about meeting, claim etc. Twilight Zone for sure. This is just unbelieveable. I rest my case.
wlynch43

[*] posted on 10-28-2016 at 01:23 PM

Noticed no email on ur account Geoff, we have contacted bajabound via website.
To person who keeps asking about wife, stop reassigning blame, my wife is fully versed in Mexican culture, being from Juanajato(sp). She didnt even speak english til 8-9 years old so pleeeease stop!
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2016 at 01:35 PM

Noticed no email on ur account Geoff, we have contacted bajabound via website.
To person who keeps asking about wife, stop reassigning blame, my wife is fully versed in Mexican culture, being from Juanajato(sp). She didnt even speak english til 8-9 years old so pleeeease stop!

so sorry you have had this problem. We know what it is like to deal with Mexico and it is tough. They are corrupt. I would take your discussion elsewhere since any negative comments on this forum will get you immediately attacked. It will be all your fault. Best of luck and hope your USA contact can help. Maybe your can get to San Diego for repairs.
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 10-28-2016 at 02:29 PM

Hello Walter,

I just sent you an email. I contacted the ACE office in Tijuana and they will be calling the hotel to start getting this figured out. I will call the hotel in Mulege shortly as well to follow up.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-28-2016 at 03:11 PM

and this is why you buy from bajabound...

when IT happens you get support...if you ask

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-28-2016 at 03:33 PM

Did they buy from Bajabound?

Geoff first asked who their insurer was....I assumed he was just being helpful even if they didn't buy from him.

I just purchased 6 months of insurance from Bajabound....and hope I won't need to talk with Geoff :coolup:

Don't believe everything you think....
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2016 at 03:39 PM

Guanajuato

:saint::dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.