Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Deportees in Baja
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 01:02 PM
Deportees in Baja

There are estimated 11M undocumented immigrants in USA, and estimated >60% are Mexican. Today Trump announced in an interview that he has identified 2 to 3M (18% to 27%) are criminals and he will be deporting (or imprisoning) them soon. Given that Mexico has a population of 122M, the 2-3M deportees may increase Mexico's population by as much as 1.6 to 2.5%. The population of BC is 3.2M. Assuming that up to 1M could be sent to Baja, how is BC going to deal with this population arrival (30% pop increase) via Baja border?

(to put this planned deportation in perspective, in past 3 years, ICE has recently removed 250k to 370k people per year. So to deport 2-3M, ICE will really have to step up their removal game by about 10-fold)

And what is the due process for deportation forces to identify criminals from non-criminals?

Note that population of USA is about 300M. So if trump rounds up 3M to deport, then ~1 in 100 people will be evicted. 1 in 100 of the USA population. Astounding!

Baja may be in store for dramatic changes next year. You people that live in Baja near the border may see a huge population increase.

[Edited on 11-13-2016 by mtgoat666]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 01:15 PM

A huge population increase of criminals...........
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 01:43 PM

1) Mexico is where they are from, so they are being repatrioted to their homeland.

2) It is not America's responsibilty to babysit Mexico's criminal population.

Mexico will be motivated to do better with its own population rather than let some neighbor do their work for them, don't you think?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 01:45 PM

Fascinating.
I will be curious to see how this plays out.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 01:59 PM

Waddaya do with a dirty toilet?????
Ya clean it....or live with it.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 02:01 PM

In these proposals, which already have seen major language
change, such as Obamacare being 'amended', deportees will
probably will be way below what he spouts, definately no wall, his rhetoric, that stirred up the gulible Hillybilly's will
never come to pass. He is not my President
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 02:06 PM

criminals from non criminals? where are your papers. let me see your papers. no papers, criminal. deported. illegal entry is a crime. Half or more of the restaurants in US employee illegals, as well as lawncare. good luck eating out or getting your grass cut.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 02:12 PM

Criminals....you know, the ones already convicted of a crime and are currently in jail or prison.....

Quote: Originally posted by bledito  
criminals from non criminals? where are your papers. let me see your papers. no papers, criminal. deported. illegal entry is a crime. Half or more of the restaurants in US employee illegals, as well as lawncare. good luck eating out or getting your grass cut.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 02:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
He is not my President

Actually, he is.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 02:27 PM

I bet most of them head back to the mainland pretty quickly if they are dropped off in TJ.

I do believe Trump is quite serious about the wall. How it will be built, who knows, but I think he will jump on this.

We shall have to wait and see how this pans out.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for anyone that hasn't got their Mexican paperwork in order. Not gonna be pretty either.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 02:28 PM

So how did that Guantanamo Bay thing work out? It`s easier to campaign than to govern.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 02:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bledito  

Maybe this is trump's health care plan for fat gringos. Eat out less. Get more exercise gardening. Brilliant!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 03:09 PM

There is no way Trump can make good of his campaign promise, because most of those alleged undocumented immigrants have due process rights, and there isn't enough jails in the USA to hold all those immigrants before their hearings.

However, Trump, may awake a sleeping giant, like in 2006 when the GOP house tried to pass a bill making it a felony for being in the US without papers. ( why does the GOP party, always use Mexican immigrants like a pinata during elections?)

Mexicans, mostly Mexican-Americans, marched in cities like Los Angeles, at least 100,000 thousand strong, and made the GOP Congress back off it's harsh immigration bill, that would have made some of their parents felons.

Already, we have young Americans in the thousands protesting against Trump in cities like Portland Oregon, even before Trump had a chance to be in office. The protesters are protesting Trump's racist scapegoating people of color, Mexicans, Blacks, Muslims, and even women.

Get ready to see protests like we have never seen in America before, including violent protests!

[Edited on 11-13-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
o3dave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 03:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
He is not my President

Actually, he is.

True, Its ridiculous how liberals are such POOR losers. When Obama won election was there such drama and shedding of tears. Grow some skin
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 03:56 PM

Just looking a a few of the leaks from the 60 Minutes interview and comments from prominent Republicans on the Sunday talk shows, reveals that this supposed deportation will not take place UNTIL THE BORDER IS SECURED (in their words). However, Trump has conceded that it will take a combination of fencing and technological means of monitoring the border to secure it. As most everyone knew, it will not be a wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.

He has also begun backing off completely scrapping the ACA.

In short, many of his campaign promises were clearly Trumped up.

In any event, what is so wrong about a country wanting to secure its borders and rid itself of illegal immigrants, especially those who have committed crimes in the host country? Most any country operates the same way.

I would be very surprised if any more than 10% of the deportees were actually from Baja and maybe below 5%.. Most are from mainland states that are in deep do-do, economically and in terms of lawlessness.

[Edited on 11-14-2016 by Hook]
Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 03:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
A huge population increase of criminals...........

This won't be good for anyone.

For historical reference… See El Salvador and the rise of MS-13.

I'm wondering if the there will be any changes in conditions and attitudes on N. American Expats and "tourists" in Mexico from the Mexican Government….

…We can speculate all we want but no one can know yet.

Right when we are starting our little casita down south. Can't help but be a little worried but that's another thread.

[Edited on 11-13-2016 by Beagle]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 04:05 PM

I would like to see Mexican INM check all foreigners for the proper immigration documents. Would get rid of a lot of the riff-raff

Don't worry about building your casita.....as Franklin D Roosevelt once said..."the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

Quote: Originally posted by Beagle  

I'm wondering if the there will be any changes in conditions and attitudes on N. American Expats and "tourists" in Mexico from the Mexican Government….
[Edited on 11-13-2016 by Beagle]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 04:06 PM

Mexico would be very foolish to try and retaliate against the ex-pat community in any way. We pump lots of money into the economy and employ a lot of people. It would just exacerbate their economic woes even more.

I thought I read that there are 1-2million of us in Mexico. A substantial number are actually here, you guessed it, illegally. There have been gringos in our town that cant legally return, usually due to outstanding warrants. Usually it's domestic situations like child support and alimony, rather than violent or petty crime.

Heck, I must admit to having technically been down here illegally, at time. My 180 tourist visa sometimes expires and I am still here for a few weeks before I head back to the States.

[Edited on 11-13-2016 by Hook]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 04:23 PM

OH JEEZO!

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2016 at 06:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

There are estimated 11M undocumented immigrants in USA, and estimated >60% are Mexican. Today Trump announced in an interview that he has identified 2 to 3M (18% to 27%) are criminals and he will be deporting (or imprisoning) them soon. Given that Mexico has a population of 122M, the 2-3M deportees may increase Mexico's population by as much as 1.6 to 2.5%. The population of BC is 3.2M. Assuming that up to 1M could be sent to Baja, how is BC going to deal with this population arrival (30% pop increase) via Baja border?

(to put this planned deportation in perspective, in past 3 years, ICE has recently removed 250k to 370k people per year. So to deport 2-3M, ICE will really have to step up their removal game by about 10-fold)

And what is the due process for deportation forces to identify criminals from non-criminals?

Note that population of USA is about 300M. So if trump rounds up 3M to deport, then ~1 in 100 people will be evicted. 1 in 100 of the USA population. Astounding!

Baja may be in store for dramatic changes next year. You people that live in Baja near the border may see a huge population increase.

[Edited on 11-13-2016 by mtgoat666]
How would that be much of a change from the 2.5 million that Obama deported?
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-num...

"The future ain't what it used to be"
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.