Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja ATM issues
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-16-2016 at 10:25 PM
Baja ATM issues

Recently I have heard that many folks have not been able to get pesos from ATM's in at least middle Baja towns....e.g. Guerrero Negro, Vizcaino, Mulege...

What are general experiences with ATM's in past week?

Don't believe everything you think....
Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2016 at 03:03 AM

For me it has been a challenge getting pesos from the Bancomer ATMs in Vizcaino and the Bancomer ATM at the Pemex in GN. The Banamex ATMs in GN have been problem free except the limit per transaction has been 4000 but another transaction immediately at the same ATM yielded another 4k. Most of the gringos that I have talked to here in Asuncion are experiencing the same issues except one couple were unable to get anything from Banamex in GN last Friday. I am trying my luck again today and hopefully I can get what I need from Viz and not add another 100 miles to my banking excursion.
Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2016 at 03:21 AM

I might add that these issues started for me almost 6 weeks ago after almost 2 years with no problems and is talking to my bank in the US, they see no record of my attempts to get cash at Bancomer, while I had them on the phone with me at the Banamex ATM and they could see that I inserted my card at Banamex even before I entered my PIN.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-17-2016 at 07:34 AM

After many years of trouble free ATM withdrawing, I have had trouble at Bancomer.

At Lays market they have what I believe is Banamex and I have had the same experience as Rossman, 4,000 peso maximum withdrawn but can do it 3 times in a row for 12,000 pesos.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

brucedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2016 at 07:58 AM

There's a lot of talk on the Baja Pony Express about this same thing. Call bank in USA or Canada and they say card is good, complain to Mexican bank and they say they can't help. Seems like mostly Banamex but not exclusively.
Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2016 at 08:17 AM

Success this morning at the Bancomer in Viz. 2000 max per transaction. Tried another transaction within the same session and did not work. Started another session at the same atm and got another 2k and stopped trying.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 11-17-2016 at 08:44 AM

Got 4000 Tuesday mid day in GN at Banamex. I have two atm cards linked to same account, one worked one didn't. Transaction was instantly shown on my US bank's online site.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

Same problem as others describe. I did talk to an official in the Bancomer bank in Loreto and he admitted that Bancomer is having problems with foreign ATM cards an said they have a 2000 peso max. I was able to get$6000 at Ley(Banamex)

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
fourninerpapa
Junior Nomad

Got 6000 pesos from Mulege 2 days ago. Rate was about 20.5 to 1

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.