BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: How can I get an empty case to La Paz?
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-26-2016 at 09:02 PM

I could ship the case from Ensenada by dhl on the 2nd of december.
Do you know if any of the students will be in La Paz on the 5th or 6th of february? I fly north on the 8th of feb 2017. Let me check my ticket to be sure of the date.
If you know your warm showers friend to be honest and reliable perhaps she would be a better choice. I did not think to try the warm showers site.

I had a thought in my head to pay $50, or what ever that equals in pesos to someone when I pick the case up. Not because I am nice or generous, but because I think they could not sell it for more than $50.

Warm showers. I have been a member since 2008 or so. There were less than 300 members when I signed up. I have never used it.
The one time I asked for a place to store my bike, while I was hiking in North Cascade National Park, the guy said ok. I forgot to write down the directions and could not find the house. I stached my bike behind some bushes 200 yards off the trail. The ranger found it. 30 miles away the other ranger somehow knew it was my bike.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 11-27-2016 at 04:48 PM

looks like there are six warmshowers icons in La Paz. Only one seems to be active. Her profile says "un poco de ingles" Maybe someone will help me translate this note to proper spanish.

Hello.
I will be riding to La Paz. I do not really need a place to stay. What I do need is an address to ship my bicycle case to. I would like to send my case to La Paz, around the begining of december then pick it up around the begining of February, perhaps the 5th day of february. I will be happy to pay for a safe place to keep my bicycle case until I arive.
Thank you.

I guess I could use google translate, but if a live person would help me it would sound better. How does this look?

Hola.
Voy a viajar a La Paz. Realmente no necesito un lugar para alojarse. Lo que sí necesito es una dirección para enviar mi caso de bicicleta a. Me gustaría enviar mi caso a La Paz, a principios de diciembre y luego recogerlo a principios de febrero, tal vez el 5 de febrero. Estaré encantado de pagar por un lugar seguro para guardar mi maletín de bicicletas hasta que llegue.
Gracias.

Sorry to be so much trouble, but my bicycle is important to me.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2016 at 06:30 PM

Tuly is wonderful! A very close friend and she loves biking. She only speaks a little of English but she has visitors every day and she somehow gets by!

She is your best bet as she is an adult but my students are an option and yes, they will be there in February. They could use the $50 for SURE. I keep them on a minimum budget and money is tight tight.

U2U me.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 11-27-2016 at 07:56 PM
I can take it.

We are leaving the Willamette Valley January 6 for La Paz in a motorhome and have room to take your case if you have not made other arraignments. We are taking our time to get to La Paz but will be there towards the end of January.

We are staying at Campestre Maranatha RV park km-11 just before La Paz and will keep it for you there. It is 3 miles from the La Paz airport. Let me know if that is what you want and can make arraignments to get it us before we leave.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 05:48 PM

and I can take it too! see your u2u

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fixtrauma  
We are leaving the Willamette Valley January 6 for La Paz in a motorhome and have room to take your case if you have not made other arraignments. We are taking our time to get to La Paz but will be there towards the end of January.

We are staying at Campestre Maranatha RV park km-11 just before La Paz and will keep it for you there. It is 3 miles from the La Paz airport. Let me know if that is what you want and can make arraignments to get it us before we leave.

It cost $48 to mail the case from Milwaukee to Seattle a couple of years ago. So I will guess San Diego to Oregon is about the same. Are you in Lebanon. 20 years ago my girlfriend had a sister in Lebanon Or. I remember taking their dog for a walk, and every person said good morning to me. Not a few people, but each person I passed on the sidewalk.
Not like that in San Diego.

Are you certain you will be in La Paz before the 5th of February? It would be less effort for me to mail it from San Diego. Compared to draging it through the streets of TJ and then Ensenada.

The case contains some padding for the bike. Pieces of fabric with velcro sewed on to them. So the bike can be shipped safely. It weighs 17 pounds.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 10:29 PM
Check your U2U joerover.

[Edited on 11-29-2016 by fixtrauma]
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 07:00 PM

I sent a u2u back.
I will call in a couple of days when I get home.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 12-3-2016 at 10:47 AM

I sent you another u2u.
There is a typo in your phone number,

thanks

the fat lady is breeding
which means
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.