Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Peso/Dollar
MikeYounghusband
Nomad

Mood: Always ready for more

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 12:08 PM
Peso/Dollar

Just got back from using ATM at Bancomer in Loreto. After asking why my card wouldn't work I was told that we (Gringos) are now limited to 2000 Pesos per transaction. This one hurts.
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 12:23 PM

We're happy when we get ANY transaction from Bancomer...Thank God for Banamex and Scotia
BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 12:24 PM

Bancomer in Los Barriles had no problems giving me $7500Mx 2 times the first week of November.

Andy
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 02:02 PM

I was told the same thing at Bancomer Loreto, however the ATM at the Ley market (which is Banamex) gives a max of $6000 pesos and will repeat it if you want. The limit is per transaction. Don't know what's going on with Bancomer, I used to get $10,000 routinely.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 02:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MikeYounghusband  
Just got back from using ATM at Bancomer in Loreto. After asking why my card wouldn't work I was told that we (Gringos) are now limited to 2000 Pesos per transaction. This one hurts.

Just got 7000 in Maneadero. Your bank is a bunch of hateful a-holes.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 03:18 PM

Yesterday I got 8,000.00 pesos out of Bancomer in Loreto. No problems??? :bounce::bounce::cool:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 03:43 PM

As basically a one-ATM town, we have noticed that the ATM will limit amouts when it starts to get low. The next day, after it being refilled, it's back to allowing the max.

Maybe that is the case here?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 04:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
As basically a one-ATM town, we have noticed that the ATM will limit amouts when it starts to get low. The next day, after it being refilled, it's back to allowing the max.

sounds fair! :light:
MikeYounghusband
Nomad

Mood: Always ready for more

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 04:58 PM

Hope your right, my card won't work at Ley.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 09:10 PM

Makes one wonder how that squares up with a bank employee telling the offended withdrawee that extranjeros (gringos etc) are limited to 2000P?

My gawd there's no bias going on here.....is there? Nah.

[Edited on 11-29-2016 by DaliDali]

ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 09:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Makes one wonder how that squares up with a bank employee telling the offended withdrawee that extranjeros (gringos etc) are limited to 2000P?

My gawd there's no bias going on here.....is there? Nah.

[Edited on 11-29-2016 by DaliDali]

An official(?)at Bancomer told me that they were having problems with foreign accounts, not just because we're gringos. Sounds reasonable but I hope it gets solved soon. It's no fun without money.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 10:43 AM

today in mulege I got over 10k in pesos and a rate of 19.90 at bancomer

of course I spent it already

maybe the problem is your bank and their agreement with other banks
or your card

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 11:12 AM

The Bancomer in Vizcaino generously gave me 3k pesos today. No additional transactions allowed. Fuel for 150 mile round trip and and some supplies and a tank of fuel for the boat and it is pretty much gone. Not sure how much longer I can do this. May be looking for a new home.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 11:29 AM

Just this morning, I hit a Bancomer machine in one of the local Loreto hotels.

It would not give me my normal withdrawal of 8000P....
I punched in 6000P and the machine spit it out.

Beats me really......

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 11:36 AM

Four days ago the Bancomer in Mulege gave me two 2000 peso withdrawals on one of two different Canadian bank cards (one rejected)...past two days it would not accept either card...but accepted a friend's WellsFargo card.

AND.....the ATM has a new screen set-up that does not differentiate what accounts are connected with debit card (savings vs chequing)...am headed there now to see if they will change US$$ into pesos....

Don't believe everything you think....
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 12:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Rossman  
The Bancomer in Vizcaino generously gave me 3k pesos today. No additional transactions allowed. Fuel for 150 mile round trip and and some supplies and a tank of fuel for the boat and it is pretty much gone. Not sure how much longer I can do this. May be looking for a new home.

Send yourself pesos at the telegraf? office in Asuncion.
I do it in La Bocana. Wells Fargo charges $5.00 and the exchange rate is not quite as good as an ATM, but it sure beats driving to Vizcaino for 3000 pesos.:light:
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 12:14 PM

I opened a BBVA/Compass checking account online and use it at the BBVA/Bancomer in Mulege and Loreto for making withdrawals. They charge me 1% of the amount withdrawn and never charge a per/transaction fee. The account is free to maintain and I only keep a minimum balance in it ($25) to keep it active.

I was in Mulege 2 weeks ago and the machine wouldn't give my friend with a B of A ATM card any pesos; but I was able to do 2 withdrawals of 3,000 each without a problem. Since there was no per transaction fee I didn't care how many transactions I had to do.

For those of us north of the border who go to Mulege/Loreto I'd recommend this option; it has saved me quite a bit in fees over the years.
Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 12:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  

I do it in La Bocana. Wells Fargo charges $5.00 and the exchange rate is not quite as good as an ATM, but it sure beats driving to Vizcaino for 3000 pesos.:light:

Thanks, I will look into that. I also bank with wells Fargo. I'm not even sure Asuncion has a Western Union office here, but even if I have to have it sent to Viz, at least I'll know what I'll get before I leave. Did you set up a Western Union account or was Well Fargo able to send to any Western Union office?
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 12:35 PM

Thanks, I will look into that. I also bank with wells Fargo. I'm not even sure Asuncion has a Western Union office here, but even if I have to have it sent to Viz, at least I'll know what I'll get before I leave. Did you set up a Western Union account or was Well Fargo able to send to any Western Union office?

I'm sure you have one in Asuncion. It is where we pay our bills in La Bocana. It is not a western union. You set it up with Wells Fargo, and then can move the cash online. They do not always have a lot of cash on hand. I have had to wait a day or two to get, say, 10000 pesos. You do not want to set it up for Vizcaino.

Look at your wells fargo account on line for transfers to other countries.

[Edited on 11-29-2016 by msteve1014]
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2016 at 12:38 PM

I'm sure you have one in Asuncion. It is where we pay our bills in La Bocana. It is not a western union. You set it up with Wells Fargo, and then can move the cash online. They do not always have a lot of cash on hand. I have had to wait a day or two to get, say, 10000 pesos. You do not want to set it up for Vizcaino.

Look at your wells fargo account on line for transfers to other countries.

[Edited on 11-29-2016 by msteve1014]

The telegraph office is just behind Matty's hot dog place next to the elementary school.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.