Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fishing in San Juanico
gmata
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2016 at 10:16 AM
Fishing in San Juanico

Hello everybody,

I live in La Paz and I am planning a trip to San Juanico, I would like to do some fishing while I am there, does any body have the contact for a Panguero that would take me and my dad fishing for half a day. I will bring all the gear.

Thanks!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-1-2016 at 10:38 AM

Maybe clarify which one, the fishing village on the gulf side north of Loreto, or the Pacific side town that also is called Scorpion Bay?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

gmata
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2016 at 10:58 AM

Sorry about that David. I will go to the Pac side San Juanico.

By the way it is funny that you responded I've been reading a lot on your website about the baja missions my plan is to drive from La Paz to San Juanico off road. On my trip will take me by Dolores Chilla, San Luis Gonzaga, San Javier, and San Jose de Comondu. I am also tempted to explore the road to Dolores Apate.

I will very soon be buying your new book as well.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-1-2016 at 11:20 AM

Awesome, you won't be disappointed... stepping back in time!

Dolores Apaté must be hiked to... usually down the Camino Real from the road to Los Burros at the Dolores Overlook. Some Nomads went down there that way not long ago... I will pop back here and edit with the link to their report/ photos.

EDIT: Dolores Apaté in 2014: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=72299

Dolores Chillá (La Pasión) is under a goat ranch (La Capilla or another name now) per Jack Swords visit a few years ago. Use the photos in my book or web page to find the peak in the background and help you locate the spot (or GPS, of course).

The others are not a problem and you can drive right to the Jesuit buildings.

Please post back on your discoveries!

[Edited on 12-1-2016 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

gmata
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2016 at 11:49 AM

By the way my trip will take me very close to this valley, I am an airline pilot and I fly over this place very often I've always been intrigued by this place by the looks from 30,000 ft but I don't know any one who has ever been there. It seems like it holds water most of the year but who knows.

Any body ever been there??

BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2016 at 05:23 AM

On the west side of town, there's an orange hotel and store called 7 Puntas, or known locally as Antonio's market. If you stand facing the store, across the street to the left is a lot with some construction going on. I've seen the guy that lives there taking groups of gringos out fishing. I don't know him or his name, but it may be a place to start looking.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-2-2016 at 06:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gmata  
By the way my trip will take me very close to this valley, I am an airline pilot and I fly over this place very often I've always been intrigued by this place by the looks from 30,000 ft but I don't know any one who has ever been there. It seems like it holds water most of the year but who knows.

Any body ever been there??

That's a dry lake. There are a couple ranches there, accessible by unpaved road.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

eguillermo
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2016 at 02:18 PM
Inshore action?

Does anyone feel comfortable giving a low-down on what the fishing is like?

Is there any inshore action?

I can get out about 4-5 miles on a yak under perfect conditions, and have been known to do so :)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.