Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Los Olivos: Updated website and now on facebook
CVBaja

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 12:17 PM
Los Olivos: Updated website and now on facebook

Hey everyone,
Los Olivos RV Park has a new look, updated photos, video tour, and better directions. We are also now on facebook and plan to be offering promos through the page. Stay tuned throughout the year!

If you've stayed with us before,we would love for you to give our page a like and share any pictures of your stay.

For those who don't know, Los Olivos is an RV Park only a few minutes from the famous EL Jardines Restaurant in San Quintin. Very clean, full hookups, and hot water.

[Edited on 12-7-2016 by CVBaja]
Slowboattroller
Banned

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 12:24 PM

What are the costs per night please?

A reel expert can tackle anything.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 01:08 PM

Nice video!
The kitchen area looks great for campers who need wind protection.
At the former campground near Cielito Lindo (Gypsy's) they had an indoor camping building. That was so useful on the rainy/ wet times we were there!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 05:38 PM

I love Los Olivos. Have only stayed there a few times in my RV but it's a super place. Great location and a minute walk to Jardines. Old Mill Road is paved so take that road down then turn left at the sign. Nice vibe, good prices.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
CVBaja

[*] posted on 12-8-2016 at 10:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Nice video!
The kitchen area looks great for campers who need wind protection.
At the former campground near Cielito Lindo (Gypsy's) they had an indoor camping building. That was so useful on the rainy/ wet times we were there!

The kitchen is only open to select groups who book the campground. Mainly for events, or for humanitarian groups that stay on the grounds.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2016 at 11:38 AM

Maybe a covered or enclosed area for foul weather tent camping is an idea?

I looked at each web page, did not see one with your rates?

Thank you!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 12-8-2016 at 11:54 AM

A couple of months ago I stayed at Jardines and took a peek at the Los Olivos gounds.

It's amazing how well maintained both of these properties are. 2 peas in a beautiful pod!
CVBaja

[*] posted on 12-13-2016 at 04:05 PM

Hey guys,
Sorry for the late response. The current rate is...by donation. The campground is run by a charity that does humanitarian work. They ask for $15-$20 per stay, but technically you don' t have to pay anything.

Hopefully some promos or coupons for deals at local business coming within the year, stay tuned here or on our facebook page.

Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2016 at 07:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CVBaja  
Hey guys,
Sorry for the late response. The current rate is...by donation. The campground is run by a charity that does humanitarian work. They ask for $15-$20 per stay, but technically you don' t have to pay anything.

Hopefully some promos or coupons for deals at local business coming within the year, stay tuned here or on our facebook page.

I'd be happy with 10-15% off drinks at the Jardine's bar for Vets and Nomads.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-13-2016 at 10:48 PM

Why do Veterinarians get a discount?

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

fish101
Nomad

Mood: energized

[*] posted on 12-14-2016 at 06:08 AM

Great video and improvements since I stayed there about 5 years ago on my way south to Loreto.. Enjoyed the three days that I stayed there and was always very clean and of course so close to Jardines, too.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-14-2016 at 06:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Maybe a covered or enclosed area for foul weather tent camping is an idea?

You need a tent to cover your tent?
Perhaps you should have bought a better tent :light:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 10:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CVBaja  
Hey everyone,
Los Olivos RV Park has a new look, updated photos, video tour, and better directions. We are also now on facebook and plan to be offering promos through the page. Stay tuned throughout the year!

If you've stayed with us before,we would love for you to give our page a like and share any pictures of your stay.

For those who don't know, Los Olivos is an RV Park only a few minutes from the famous EL Jardines Restaurant in San Quintin. Very clean, full hookups, and hot water.

[Edited on 12-7-2016 by CVBaja]

OK, so an update, since steekers had recently reported on it... The Facebook page was active last October and said they were open as usual. However, the website is no longer online.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2020 at 10:49 AM

"The kitchen is only open to select groups . . . , or for humanitarian groups that stay on the grounds."
On their Facebook page was a photo showing concrete being poured for a new sidewalk near the "staff dorm". Stoney Expeditions, Chilliwack, organization is run by the founders (Rob and Brenda Wall) of the religious organization that owns Los Olivos and solicits individuals or groups for a fee to stay at Los Olivos and do community work (like handing out vitamin supplements to kids, or digging a ditch). There's online rhetoric that says they try to get kids and older women to be able to stop working in the San Quintin ag fields. How does that work? I'd rather stay at Cielito Lindo - have a meal at the restaurant, walk on the beach. I enjoyed a few nights at Los Olivos in the past, but not anymore - just rubs me the wrong way.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.