Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: residence issue
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2016 at 07:00 PM
residence issue

Hi all, our new insurance plan requires that we have an "address" in California on record so that we can use California doctors.

Does anyone know of a mail service or other service that would work for us?

Thanks in advance and time is of the essence ... we have to the end of the month to do this or we lose our insurance.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-8-2016 at 08:08 PM

What about mom's?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2016 at 08:15 PM

Mail services, such as Postal Annex, are street addresses. That works for me with AAA. Not that it should matter, but don't use the PMB. Instead, use apt or the #-sign.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 04:05 AM

Mom's is an option as is Les's sons but we are looking for other options.

Thanks Dennis, sounds OK.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 07:56 AM

using postal annex addresses for stuff like this could cancel your insurance...

its "skirting" the rules...I know this for a fact...don't let others guide you the wrong way

use "mom's" address

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 09:25 AM

Blanca, I agree with Bob. You apparently are supposed to be a resident of California for this insurance. Be careful on advice.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 09:51 AM

I'm not going to feel morally corrupt for using it to buy car insurance.
Jeeezo...what are you guys, deciples of Scientology all of a sudden?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 09:51 AM

Baja was California first!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 10:02 AM

Many people want to be californians, to enjoy the benefits of the greatest state in the nation,... but they dont want to pay taxes that help make the golden state so golden

Be careful of claiming residency but not filing california tax return. The golden state tax man chases civic scoflaws.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SteveWil
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 10:37 AM

I have a friend that got a Mail service in San Diego. That all he did so he could run up to get mail. he is living full time in Mexico, that was all he did. About 18 moths later he got a letter form California asking for taxes as he was a residency do to mail service address. He is still getting letters from them even after getting a lawyer.

SO

Be careful of having an address but not filing california tax return. The golden state tax man chases the smell of money.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

I'm not going to feel morally corrupt for using it to buy car insurance.
Jeeezo...what are you guys, deciples of Scientology all of a sudden?

Dennis, I believe this is for some kind of Health insurance.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 11:02 AM

...what are you guys, deciples of Scientology all of a sudden?

More likely, decibels of Scientology.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 11:26 AM

food for thought. thanks all! really, really helpful advice.

Come visit La Bocana

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 01:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SteveWil  
I have a friend that got a Mail service in San Diego. That all he did so he could run up to get mail. he is living full time in Mexico, that was all he did. About 18 moths later he got a letter form California asking for taxes as he was a residency do to mail service address. He is still getting letters from them even after getting a lawyer.

SO

Be careful of having an address but not filing california tax return. The golden state tax man chases the smell of money.

Did he have income in Calif? I mean, just because you get your mail there doesn't mean you owe taxes.

[Edited on 12-9-2016 by DENNIS]

SteveWil
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SteveWil  

SO

Did he have income in Calif? I mean, just because you get your mail there doesn't mean you owe taxes.

NO, never lived there, or work there. only driven through, shopped and picked up mail. Try telling that to Calif.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 02:49 PM

I moved my home and business out of California to Oregon twenty five years ago and was harassed continuously for taxes on income not earned there for at least five years. I finally told them in very graphic terms in writing where to go. They never had any justification from the beginning and finally went away. They rely on operating by intimidation as the 800 lb Gorilla and it must work for them in most cases.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 04:06 PM

LancairDriver can we hire you for the explanation to gvt. in graphic terms!

Oh wait.....Les is really good at that too!

Thanks again all.

Come visit La Bocana

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 04:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
I moved my home and business out of California to Oregon twenty five years ago and was harassed continuously for taxes on income not earned there for at least five years. I finally told them in very graphic terms in writing where to go. They never had any justification from the beginning and finally went away. They rely on operating by intimidation as the 800 lb Gorilla and it must work for them in most cases.

WOW. I never imagined. It's like hoodlums selling protection.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 05:35 PM

Yup, California Franchise Tax Board will come after you even if you have a mail drop address only. Been dealing with them for 5 years now with them claiming that I earn income in California. Send their form back with a copy of my Nevada DL and my Mexican Residente Permamente card. They respond with a "OK, you are cleared for this year"........Think I need LancairDriver to write a letter for me

Be careful of having an address but not filing california tax return. The golden state tax man chases the smell of money.[/rquote]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-9-2016 at 06:42 PM

It is so sad that the politicians in California government don't see how they are chasing business and people out of the state. Such a financial drain and loss of jobs! Stupid!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.