BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Heading South Tecate Or SY? Thinking Hwy3? Road Conditions to Ensenada
pquil

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 01:29 PM
Heading South Tecate Or SY? Thinking Hwy3? Road Conditions to Ensenada

South to Loretto on Monday.. Thinking Tecate but not sure about the road highway 3? Or should I stay with SY? Time difference? Thanks
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 01:35 PM

3 had a few detours around road work but with such little traffic it's not bad at all. This was 3 weeks ago, maybe someone has something more current.
pquil

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 03:15 PM

Thanks!!! Hoping for an update & general preference from San Diego. Traveling with a car full of stuff for a new home...
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 03:18 PM

Depending on how much "stuff" you have, Tecate may be your best choice. No construction in town, a few stretches of construction south, but good detours
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 03:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pquil  
Thanks!!! Hoping for an update & general preference from San Diego. Traveling with a car full of stuff for a new home...

Be sure you clarify "used".

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
pquil

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 06:57 PM

Appreciate the info. Figuring I have approx 3k of stuff. Not sure about getting taxed IVA at the border? Can anyone tell me the amount of items u can bring in?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 07:00 PM

not very much.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 07:09 PM

If you have a lot of stuff, they may send you to Otay.....or not. YMMV

Appreciate the info. Figuring I have approx 3k of stuff. Not sure about getting taxed IVA at the border? Can anyone tell me the amount of items u can bring in?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 07:34 PM

South to Loretto on Monday.. Thinking Tecate but not sure about the road highway 3? Or should I stay with SY? Time difference? Thanks

From I-5 or I-15, tecate is always longer drive than SY when southbound.
Northbound SY almost always faster too.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 09:13 PM

Used to be, they drew the line at 1000 dlls value before they sent you to Otay. I don't know if that has changed or not. Anyway, even if it's new, make it look used, and reevaluate its value reasonably. They know more than you can imagine about these things.
It's just one of the worlds oldest games.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
brucedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2016 at 07:43 PM

I had a van full of household stuff last year and the San Ysidro officers said they couldn't process me there and sent me to Otay Mesa. I had lots of new furniture but also used household items. the value was about $4500 but they charged me for $3600 which is the max if your rig fits under the bar (my tall Sprinter van fit). Good Luck!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.