Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Food along Hwy 1 from border to Loreto
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2016 at 09:36 AM
Food along Hwy 1 from border to Loreto

November trip took us from San Diego to Loreto! It was a great trip. Here are a few places we stopped on way down on way up, Loreto food is a different topic, so many great places there.

Pollo Asada spots along Hwy 1, we haven't been disappointed in any of them, always happy to stop at them. (Super Pollo, Gran Pollo or private ones all good)

San Quintin - Mision Santa Maria Hotel Restaurante. Not impressed, great location but the meals were decent at best, wanted to try that hotel instead of Jardines and the restaurant alone would lead us to stay at Jardines next time.
San Quintin - Old Mill. Great food. We've always eaten here when the Jardines restaurant is closed. Great view, nice restaurant and really good food.

El Rosario - Baja's Best. We really like stopping here for breakfast burritos. They are really good but a bit small, 2 or so should be good. Takes a while, so not the best if your in a hurry...no complaints cause they are fresh and really good!

Jesus Maria - Paulina's. On the West side of the road across from the Pemex as you enter town from the north. We have eaten here a bunch and its always really good.

San Ignacio - Rice n Beans. This place has great food! Only eaten here a handful of times but its really good!
San Ignacio - Desert Inn. Great Breakfast!

Mulege - Danny's Asadero. Possibly the best tacos in Baja! I know that's a huge statement but they are so good! We always make sure we are in Mulege around lunch time when passing through.
Mulege - Doney Mely's. They have great breakfast burrito's for the road! We stopped here on the drive north and they are really good! They do take 'forever' to make em though, not a good place if you're in a hurry. I get it and they are fresh and good but...

[Edited on 12-11-2016 by TLBaja79]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-11-2016 at 09:41 AM

Is Danny's out on Mex 1, or in town?

Edit; BTW, thanks for posting!

[Edited on 12-11-2016 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-11-2016 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Is Danny's out on Mex 1, or in town?

Edit; BTW, thanks for posting!

[Edited on 12-11-2016 by AKgringo]

Gary,
Danny's is in town....turn right when walking out the front of the Hacienda....walk past Las Casistas (another great restaurant) and go another block to the second "Y" junction and its on your right...small place with a few tables inside once you take a few steps up....provecho !

Don't believe everything you think....
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 12-11-2016 at 10:20 AM

Danny's in Mulege is way down in town almost to Saul's grocery store. My fave in all of Baja, and I highly recommend the bean soup too (Sopa Frijoles). I order a large bowl, and a couple of carne asada tacos.... dump the meat into the soup, add some pickled onions and hot sauce and use the tortillas for mopping up. Utterly fantastic. Fish and shrimp tacos are great too, and on Saturdays they only serve carnadas (pork); you can even buy by the pound and take home the fixin's.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-11-2016 at 11:40 AM

Vy dot pooda vant to messing up dot zoop like dat? Chust eat der zoop, es goot....Be trinking Paciifico's vile eeding. Great place!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.