Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Holiday thanks from the Puerto San Francisquito family
Bajaboi

[*] posted on 12-17-2016 at 09:52 PM
Holiday thanks from the Puerto San Francisquito family

Hola a todos!

I'm a newbie to the forum, but I wanted to thank everyone for their posts and discussions that contribute towards motivating people into explore our Baja California; I was raised in Puerto San Francisquito, and I know the beauty and captivation that our desert remoteness brings within the peninsula. My father, Alberto "Beto" Lucero and I are grateful for the road updates and for the visits to our beautiful bay.

We will be there for the holidays if anyone is driving our way and wants to camp or stop in to say hi.

Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo!

Zimran Lucero
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-17-2016 at 10:36 PM

Happy holidays to you and your family.
I'm very happy to hear it and look forward to visit you there. A place I've wanted to visit since I have flown over it several times.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

rzitren
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2016 at 10:43 PM

Hola Zimran

Happy Holidays to you and your family. Say hi to your dad for us. Stop by when you come through San Diego.

Leslee,Rick,Bryan and Maegan
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-17-2016 at 11:39 PM

Thank you!
Great to see you here on Nomad.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajaboi

[*] posted on 12-18-2016 at 05:34 AM

@rzitrin Hola Rick, Leslee, Bryan & Maegan! It's certainly been a while since I've last seen you guys--I hope things are well! I'm driving down late Thursday evening from the Bay Area with the intention of arriving in Ensenada around 3-4am to sleep at Viñas del Tigre; it's Edith's (Beto's sister) vineyard and lodging. The timing to stop by and see you folks may not work going south but possibly on the northbound trip.
If you haven't been to Ensenada's wine region yet, I highly recommend checking it out; they are producing their own wine and are also doing mezcal tasting http://vinasdeltigre.com
Hope to see you folks soon!!

@fishbuck I've had the opportunity to fly in a couple of times and the view has always been a strong and loving memory; I intend to get some drone shots on this trip; hopefully the winds will cooperate.

@David Thanks again for everything! Did you decide if you're traveling to Baja before the year wraps up?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2016 at 07:04 AM

hmmmm I don't even know where P S Franciaquito is?

Merry Christmas to you too and welcome to BajaNomad!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-18-2016 at 07:38 AM

Blanca, David must not be up this early. :))

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2016 at 08:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  

Don't worry he'll be up soon and correct.
PS That is the ugliest bird I have ever seen. A face only a mother could love.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-18-2016 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

(Spelled "San Francisquito", I believe) Just north of El Barril, east of El Arco, and on the coast of the SOC-------a real paradise geographically speaking, and the beautiful but steep "Ensenada Blanca" beach. A must visit for back-country aficionados! with a fun very rustic "resort" in need of repairs and supplies, right on the beach with an air field.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-18-2016 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
Quote: Originally posted by Howard  

Don't worry he'll be up soon and correct.
PS That is the ugliest bird I have ever seen. A face only a mother could love.

That's because it's not a bird, it's a dog disguised as a bird to blend in.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2016 at 09:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

(Spelled "San Francisquito", I believe) Just north of El Barril, east of El Arco, and on the coast of the SOC-------a real paradise geographically speaking, and the beautiful but steep "Ensenada Blanca" beach. A must visit for back-country aficionados! with a fun very rustic "resort" in need of repairs and supplies, right on the beach with an air field.

Good morning amigos!
Seriously, Blanca, you need a Baja map on your wall! :D;)

Punta San Francisquito, between L.A. Bay and Santa Rosalia on the gulf coast.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2016 at 08:40 PM

Hoping to visit over the new year's!
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 09:48 AM

Love PSF, stayed in the palapa's several times, magical place. Is your family going to rebuild them again after the last storm? Any chance you will have gas available the end of February? We will be on motos and would like to try the no wimps trail if gas can be had.

[Edited on 12-19-2016 by advrider]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 09:56 AM

Bajaboi's dad is Beto and his camp is not the resort, but on the cove in the bay (turn left at the split before the runway begins).

Signs at Beto's entrance in 2012:

This was the sign for the resort:

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 10:04 AM

Got it, I was wondering. Looks like we will have to check it out! What do they have there? Any services, food, beer or place to stay? Is it just for camping or mostly fly in fly out?

[Edited on 12-19-2016 by advrider]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 10:15 AM

I will ask other Nomads to pop in, Pacifico, Honda Tom, and others have posted a lot on Beto's place... I saw those signs and considered the place as not very welcoming and went to the resort (which, in July, was the place not welcoming). The resort was run down, still not repaired after the earthquake a year before we were there in 2012, and the staff only wished to watch TV.

From what the guys I mentioned have posted, Beto (on the cove) is very accommodating and worth checking out. I chatted with his son (Bajaboi) and they will make new signs that are less negative looking in English. The signage he told me was designed to keep out commercial fishermen who take over beaches and leave a mess without paying.

bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 02:04 PM

I've been into the cove, much nicer place (IMO) than the beach at the resort on a windy day. I don't know about camping, we just stopped for lunch and to let the dog swim for a while. I drove to the house, talked to Beto, offered the $5 fee, he ignored me and said to enjoy the beach. His only request was that I burn any trash I put in the cans so the ravens don't scatter it. As with a lot of places, if you stop and introduce yourself you are welcome, the signs help keep the riff-raff out.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 07:09 PM

great to see you on this forum and we too look forward to a visit with you soon too...Juan says Hola too from us here in Asuncion( amigos de Lisa & Pacifico)

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2016 at 07:03 PM

Hola Zimran! This is John... I hope all is well with you! We will be arriving on January 5th or 6th. Will you still be there?

That Tigre Tinto vino is excellent! I had some with your dad and your cousins a couple years ago...

Check your U2U (upper right) next to logout button...

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
SomebodyElse

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 06:05 AM

We are new to the forum, but are looking forward to being there some time in mid-January. No planning for us. We will be wandering south as the whim and the wind takes us.

Beto's and San Francisquito are now on the GPS so we will find the place.

Cheers,
Peter and Jane
http://nomadness.benlo.com

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.