Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  9
Author: Subject: Gasoline protests
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Small sporadic protests here in La Paz this afternoon but the fuel keeps on flowing. Filled up around 2PM, no lines. My tank now holds about 120 pesos more fuel this year as compared to last.

Can you confirm the protesters are or are not blocking gas tanker trucks from leaving the P-nche port as of today 1/5?

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 05:29 PM

Big run on gasoline yesterday in TS and Pescadero. Today, short lines and gas for all. Manana, quien sabe. Very hard on locals. Tio
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 06:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
The Army will be all over the protesters in La Paz soon enough.

They can't shut down commerce for long before people start screaming to do something.

Don't count on it. Traditionally, the government allows, even encourages, peaceful protest from citizens as well as unions. It's a method of blowing off steam before an explosion.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 06:14 PM

One has to wonder how long it will stay "peaceful" ? Millions of people have to be feeling the pinch by now...

yumawill
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 06:28 PM

Yuma has lot's of gas and Canadians. $2.05/gal. Go figure.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 07:26 PM

We have been building a list of locations of the highway blockades along with fuel availability over on facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/permalink/155768455...

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 07:29 PM

Good luck everyone. I just bought a bunch of oil stocks and going to buy some more tomorrow in anticipation of gas prices taking off in the u.s.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 07:45 PM

A bit South of the info you requested but as of today in Mulege the downtown station was out of gas (not uncommon in the best of times) and the station two miles South of town had gas.

I'm pretty sure that in town station has no dip stick and just waits until the tank is empty to deal with it.

Much of the time the upsets here make up in intensity what they lack in longevity.

I just hunker down and find something else to fuss about.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 07:48 PM

Yuma is in Baja?

bowser
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 08:19 PM

Both gas stations are open right now in Bahia De Los Angeles. Just got back from a day trip to Guerrero Negro and all stations are pumping there also. Same for Jesus Maria. Gas in cans available this afternoon at BOLA junction.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 08:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Yuma is in Baja?

Yuma doesn't even like Yuma so it keeps moving. :lol:
Jes kiddin'. :yes:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 08:32 PM

I heard from a reliable source that this gasoline protest is going to persist, signs are that it is amping up and has staying power.
Also heard from one traveling southbound that arrived today, and travel time was effectively doubled.
The world is going to heck in a handbasket! (and it may all be *****'s fault - gotta start practicing that blame aspersion, so it rolls off the tongue and off the fingertips easily)

[Edited on 1-6-2017 by BajaNomad]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 09:01 PM

That's what the papers and news sources on the mainland are saying...I said that yesterday so I am smarter than everyone...Lots of arrests, more violence and looting......All ******* fault and Waaaal Street...

[Edited on 1-6-2017 by BajaNomad]

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 09:49 PM

Big protest
30 minutes ago. Got a text from my son in SF. No gas. Station owners refusing to order gas due to price increase. Long lines of cars waiting now.
His message said be sure to fill up before heading south. N PMEX has cars way up the highway waiting.

TV news said 20% increase effective Jan 1.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 10:00 PM

Update.
The SF Ejido PMEX had 60000 ltrs available. Owner says it will last 4-5 days. Chris said he now has full tank to let him get back to CA.
Very big lines in the town stations. I guess they will run out soon?
Major events in town causing much hysteria.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 12:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Big protest
30 minutes ago. Got a text from my son in SF. No gas. Station owners refusing to order gas due to price increase. Long lines of cars waiting now.
His message said be sure to fill up before heading south. N PMEX has cars way up the highway waiting.

TV news said 20% increase effective Jan 1.

Yes, it was on Jan. 1st, I bought gas at L.A. Bay on the 2nd and had to do a double-take on the amount of pesos it took compared to just a couple days before when I last filled up.

It was 13.98/ L on Dec. 30 and 16.17/L on Jan. 2, but that is just over a 15% increase.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Threads Merged
1-6-2017 at 03:27 AM
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Threads Merged
1-6-2017 at 03:30 AM
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:57 AM

Ancient history as usual from you DK..

Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja happy

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 07:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Ancient history as usual from you DK..

There's an old saying about those who forget history...I can't remember it...but its good!

[Edited on 1-6-2017 by Nashville Frank]
tecatero
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 07:22 AM

For all the peninsula travelers it seems that Guerero Negro, Jesus Maria, and the stations in Vizcaino are the critical places to get fuel, and fill your jerry cans.......Does anyone know if these places are receiving fuel deliveries???? With all the agriculture going on I'd imagine trucks have to be getting thru somehow...........Its like the baja of old, not sure when or where gas will not be available
brucedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 08:05 AM

I've not been paying attention down here in La Ventana. Yesterday we noticed that there was a long line at the Pemex and I found out about the protests. I decided to hit up the pemex outside of town towards Los Planes. The attendant told me that they will pump gas until they run out which will probably be today.

Has anybody heard anything about air travel being disrupted?
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.