Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: How do you post avatar and pics in 2017
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja happy

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 04:07 PM
How do you post avatar and pics in 2017

Can you help me with figuring out how to post my avatar and pics to BajaNomad?

I looked at DKs post from some years back, about Photobucket use, but Photobucket is different now.

Thanks for your assistance!
Frank

[Edited on 1-6-2017 by Nashville Frank]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 04:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Nashville Frank  
can you help me with figuring out how to post my avatar and pics to BajaNomad?

I looked at DKs post from some years back, about Photobucket use, but Photobucket is different now.

Thanks for your assistance!
Frank

2017:
Setting the upload photo width is critical to not mess up the Nomad frame width (800 pixels max). Only a couple Nomads still have not taken the time and Doug has to manually resize their photos to fit here without distorting the entire page off the screen (standard monitor viewers). To set the size, one time, follow the steps above or if you have a different screen...
Another version may have a list of upload options, near the bottom, click on this:
Upload Options
Customize Upload Options (in blue)

[Edited on 1-6-2017 by David K]

[Edited on 1-7-2017 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 04:26 PM

Although it appears you're there, but may have tried earlier, I think you need 25 post to put up an avatar.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 04:29 PM

Thanks David,
But the Photobucket I have, just downloaded yesterday, looks nothing like what you show.

Through trail and error, I figured out how to post a pic, but it was huge! Twice as big as what you post. So, I figured it was over the limit and the Nomad Police would be after me! I took it down. In my version of PB there is no size editing that I can find. Clicking on the "gear" does not provide me with the options you showed.

I'll "play" with it a little more and see what I can find.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 04:31 PM

Thanks David,
But the Photobucket I have, just downloaded yesterday, looks nothing like what you show.

Through trail and error, I figured out how to post a pic, but it was huge! Twice as big as what you post. So, I figured it was over the limit and the Nomad Police would be after me! I took it down. In my version of PB there is no size editing that I can find. Clicking on the "gear" does not provide me with the options you showed.

I'll "play" with it a little more and see what I can find.

2017:
Setting the upload photo width is critical to not mess up the Nomad frame width (800 pixels max). Only a couple Nomads still have not taken the time and Doug has to manually resize their photos to fit here without distorting the entire page off the screen (standard monitor viewers). To set the size, one time, follow the steps above or if you have a different screen...
Another version may have a list of upload options, near the bottom, click on this:
Upload Options
Customize Upload Options (in blue)

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 04:42 PM

Stand by for 2017 picture guide for Photobucket !!!

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 04:49 PM

Yo DK the max size says 1600 x 1600

BTW I think its easier to just go to my pics folder and upload vs a hosting place

[Edited on 1-6-2017 by blackwolfmt]

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:06 PM

David,
I finally found the RESIZE button! I put it on a test pic named "Old Mill sunset". I hope its the right size.

The process was not intuitive. I been working with computers since the DOS era and have taught how to use them. I've used all kinds of photo software, but this PB software is really lacking! Just figuring out if a pic should be in the "bucket" or in an "album" is not clear. Then figuring how to modify the uploads is not clear. By clicking on the pic it went to an edit screen that gives some possible actions (along the right side) but not RESIZE. I just chose one at random, then a bar with more actions appears at the top, there I found resize.

Well, thanks David. I'll see if I can't figure it out. Is there some other online software that will work on Nomad?
Frank
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  

BTW I think its easier to just go to my pics folder and upload vs a hosting place

That is not a limit for hot linking photos here from other sites (Photobucket, VivaBaja, etc). When you let Nomad host a photo, it could be that wide, BUT must be under 250kb. Here is the wording: "Upload size limit is 250kB. Image limit is 1600x1600." The Nomad program resizes it to be within 800 pixels. If you don't have Nomad host the photo, then the file size (quality) is NOT limited to 250 kb, BUT the width on the screen must be no bigger than 800 pixel to not distort the page.

Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:14 PM

Pic uploading has been addressed, but what about AVATARs?
Thanks
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

That is not a limit for hot linking photos here from other sites (Photobucket, VivaBaja, etc). When you let Nomad host a photo, it could be that wide, BUT must be under 250kb. Here is the wording: "Upload size limit is 250kB. Image limit is 1600x1600." The Nomad program resizes it to be within 800 pixels. If you don't have Nomad host the photo, then the file size (quality) is NOT limited to 250 kb, BUT the width on the screen must be no bigger than 800 pixel to not distort the page.

k13894488.jpg - 7kB

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:29 PM

Pic uploading has been addressed, but what about AVATARs?
Thanks

Frank you have too use a hosting company to save your piks because you have to have a url to upload the pik to nomads

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:30 PM
2017 Photobucket Uploading Guide

1)

Blue arrow: click the gear symbol to set the upload size.
Red arrow: Make a unique album for each trip or subject of photos (rather than putting them all into your 'bucket').

When you click the gear symbol...

================================================================
2)

Scroll down and see "Customize Upload Options" in blue, click on that!

=============================================================
3)

Click 800x600 for FULL SCREEN NOMAD pics
Click 640x480 for Large Nomad pics
Click 100x75 for Avatar pics
CLICK SAVE to Complete.
You can come back here and change the size anytime.

4)

Select the photos from your PC folder that you want to share on Nomad or other forums. Other forums may have built in width controls so the 800 limit is not critical as it still is here.

5)

Click on the IMG code that you see with each of the photos in your album and paste that onto Nomad, and double space between photo links. You can add any text with each photo, as well.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:41 PM

Frank, did you see my note on avatar size in step #3?

Also, Photobucket has great photo editing. That is how I sharpen up some photos or add text and arrows to maps and photos.

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:47 PM

BTW DK you do a great job on all your piks and such I would enjoy meeting you some day Sob,,,:coolup: that is south of the border Peace

Also, Photobucket has great photo editing. That is how I sharpen up some photos or add text and arrows to maps and photos.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 05:57 PM

BTW DK you do a great job on all your piks and such I would enjoy meeting you some day Sob,,,:coolup: that is south of the border Peace

Thank you, blackwolfmt, I would like that, as well.

I hope to be in Baja a lot more in 2017 (need to make up for the lower than normal number of trips during the past 8 depressed travel years)!

Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 07:18 PM

Thank you David.
I see there are some things I overlooked that probably would have helped. Such as:
1. on slide 2 - upon clicking the gear symbols, I did not choose easy link, link back, and most importantly Customize (where your earlier instructions showed the display choices.
2. on slide 5 - under the pics in the album, mine did not show the size options, there was only on list and it was to the right side. so I'll see what happens now.
3. on slide 4 - I thought the Upload was for uploading to PBucket.
So the customize and upload areas were not clear to me.

I did note the Avatar in slide 3 - so when I want to upload an avatar, I come back and change the 800x600 to 100x75 and vice versa?
Great, I"ll give it a try.

Your tutorial was EXCELLENT! You're a great teacher.

I really do appreciate it. :spingrin:

[Edited on 1-7-2017 by Nashville Frank]
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 07:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Although it appears you're there, but may have tried earlier, I think you need 25 post to put up an avatar.

Hey DENNIS! I have 36 today. But it still won't take my avatar. :?:
The Force isn't with me?

Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 08:47 PM

David,
It worked on the pics! See Old Mill sunset. Thanks!!!

But, can't figure out AVATAR. :?:

I set it up to be that smallest size, copied ti URL, went to Profile, entered URL in avatar block, clicked EDIT, but NO AVATAR showed up in saved Profile avatar box, nor in my posts!

What now?

Frank
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 08:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Hey DENNIS! I have 36 today. But it still won't take my avatar. :?:
The Force isn't with me?

Ohhhmyohmy. Did we neglect to mention the initiation fee ....one case of icey Pacifico?
The moment it arrives at my door, we'll send out detailed instructions for your avatar, and....and.....a diagram of the supersecret Nomad handshake.

[:lol: this is jes like old times here, but I miss Bernie.....and Ferna] :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.