Author: Subject: How do you post avatar and pics in 2017
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja happy

[*] posted on 1-6-2017 at 09:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
Quote: Originally posted by Nashville Frank  
Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Although it appears you're there, but may have tried earlier, I think you need 25 post to put up an avatar.

Hey DENNIS! I have 36 today. But it still won't take my avatar. :?:
The Force isn't with me?

[Edited on 1-7-2017 by Nashville Frank]

Ohhhmyohmy. Did we neglect to mention the initiation fee ....one case of icey Pacifico?
The moment it arrives at my door, we'll send out detailed instructions for your avatar, and....and.....a diagram of the supersecret Nomad handshake.

[:lol: this is jes like old times here, but I miss Bernie.....and Ferna] :lol:

Would you settle for Dos XX Ambar? Or maybe Negra Modelo?
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 01:38 AM

Hi Frank,

TO UPLOAD my PICTURES TO the BN SERVER using the "MICROSOFT OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER", I do the following:

1 go to wherever (folder) my pictures are stored in my computer, I create a new folder within that folder so I can dump copies of the selected pictures to be uploaded to BN

2 from the Windows START MENU I open "MICROSOFT OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER", look at the left side for “PICTURE SHORTCUTS” under it click on “ADD PICTURE SHORTCUT…” and navigate to the created folder that contains the pictures to be uploaded to BN

3 select then all (the pictures to be uploaded to BN)

4 once from the menu “GETTING STARTED” on the right hand side panel, under “EDIT” click on "EDIT PICTURES" and that will

5 open a new dialog box: “CHANGE PICTURE SIZE”, here click on "RESIZE" this opens: "RESIZE SETTINGS", from the drop down menu select:

6 "PREDEFINED WITH X HEIGHT", CLICK ON THE black down arrow ON left side of the white dialog box and SELECT:

7 "WEB - LARGE" setting (this keeps the picture within size range for BN posts), then on the bottom select:.

8 "OK" …wait a couple of seconds and ALL your pictures have been resized…!!!

9 now from the upper left corner of the screen go to where it says "FILE" and left click on it, from the drop-down menu select:

10 "SAVE", wait while it saves all the newly resized pictures and… walah…!!!

11 NOW IS TIME TO UPLOAD TO BAJANOMADS!!!

12 AFTER having clicked on the “Preview Post” on the “Post Reply” window look on the BOTTOM LEFT CORNER of the BajaNomad "Post Reply" dialog box and look for "Attachment" next to it is a button that says "BROWSE", left click on it and navigate to:

13 THE folder WHERE you have stored your picture(s) that have been resized:

14 select one picture at a time and just keep on doing it until you’re done, that’s up to where the BajaNomad "Post Reply" dialog box allows you to do add pictures.

If you would like to do each picture individually please go to this other post I did some time back: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=82971&got...

[Edited on 1-7-2017 by carlosg]

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja happy

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 09:47 AM

Thank you carlosg! I've recently switched to a MacBook Pro, which has Microsoft Office for Mac installed. I'll check to see if Picture Manager is installed.

I did figure out, with David's help, how to use Photobucket last night.

[Edited on 1-7-2017 by Nashville Frank]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 10:15 AM

There can be a trick with an avatar addition. Doug (BajaNomad) found the one I have and put it on here for me. Others have had problems and it may be the language in the instructions that is hard to follow? Just email Doug for help. He is a nice guy!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 02:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  

BTW I think its easier to just go to my pics folder and upload vs a hosting place

Alas, if it were only that easy...
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 02:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

BTW I think its easier to just go to my pics folder and upload vs a hosting place

It is, use the "Microsoft Picture Manager": its easy, quick and simple if you know your way around your computer... pruébalo, te va a gustar...

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 03:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by carlosg  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

It is, use the "Microsoft Picture Manager": its easy, quick and simple if you know your way around your computer... pruébalo, the va a gustar...

Friends don't let friends Microsoft.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 1-8-2017 at 05:53 PM

Uploads are up to 1600 x 1600 - but get resized automatically to be 800 px wide.

fyi

Most haven't realized the upload pic feature here is much easier than in the past. Been that way for a couple of years now. Max file size was increased by 5x or so.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-9-2017 at 09:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
Uploads are up to 1600 x 1600 - but get resized automatically to be 800 px wide.

fyi

Most haven't realized the upload pic feature here is much easier than in the past. Been that way for a couple of years now. Max file size was increased by 5x or so.

Thank you, Doug!

I have used the Nomad hosting a few times, but most of my pics are larger than 250 kb, so that forces me to Photobucket for them... and if I want to edit the image with arrows or text.

I am glad you made it clear about the 800 pixel width limit. Only a couple of Nomads have not made the effort to reset the upload size, but all the rest who post photos have. I am always happy to help anyone get it done.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.