Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Baja Cactus Motel - El Rosario
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 02:43 PM
Baja Cactus Motel - El Rosario

I guess I'm starting this new forum off. I stayed at Antonio's Baja Cactus Motel in Dec. 2004 and loved it. Highly recommended. The rooms were very clean, new, large king-size beds, and incredible bathrooms. Friendly staff. Slept like a baby!
Ted
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 02:56 PM

Great to hear how nice Baja Cactus is. Well be there the 24th can't wait. Thanks Ted
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 2-17-2005 at 12:11 AM
We stayed there on 2/10/05...

in room 103, one of the new one's in the back...everything's new, large comfortable beds, TV, and 'walk-in' showers (lots of hot water) with heavy glass doors.

#103 is back in the corner, and is very quiet, we couldn't even hear the semi's on the highway.

This was our 2nd stay, and we'll go back again...

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-17-2005 at 12:38 AM

I just finished IM'ing with Antonio (11:30pm) He was at an Internet Cafe in Ensenada on his way to El Rosario with his dad. Tomorrow morning, the Baja California state tourism department is presenting them with an award for 'Outstanding Host' or something like that!!!

Well deserved I must say! Congratulations Antonio 'BajaCactus'!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 2-21-2005 at 12:04 AM
Thanks!!!

Thank you very much guys for your nice and kind words.

It is our pleasure to share what is the beginning of a dream with you all... my father's dream.

You see, the main reason for these new rooms to exists, as they are, is not actually business or money... they are the result of my father's dream to have something to be proud of... to be able to offer something really nice and comfortable for people traveling to Baja... and it is very nice you guys help him fullfill this reason to be... everytime he listens to one of your nice comments, his face glows like saying...I made it!!!...:D.... THANK YOU!!!

After 30 years of hard work, my father is finally seeing one of his dreams come true...and another one of those is coming... my wife is having a baby girl (our first child) in a couple of weeks now!!!... and since my dad and mom lost the first baby they had (a girl, and she was born dead more than 30 years ago), and never had a girl again in their lifes... they have always had this hole in their heart... it seems God is about to fill this space for them again thru us.

Thanks again averyone for your comments... you are most welcome.

And you are quite right Mexray...room 103 is like a tumb... very, very silent.

Antonio M.

:)

[Edited on 2-21-2005 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-21-2005 at 09:16 AM

Wow Antonio, the is really very special... Your heart and kindness is the best I've ever seen! Good luck with all that you do....
EL ROSARIO AREA and Antonio: http://vivabaja.com/1104

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2005 at 09:24 AM

Antonio, Great story you again have warmed my heart. Your Family is so Wonderful. Can't wait to see the new Baby Girl. Hugs to you and Lorenia.
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 2-21-2005 at 05:41 PM

Wonderful news and a very touching family story. Any name to share yet?

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2005 at 04:10 PM
Baja Cactus Motel

Antonio:

Congrats on your new child (whenever she arrives!). Also, your hotel is certainly one of the most deserving of the award, a job well done. You and your father should be proud and hopefully other establisments will follow your business method!
Ted
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 08:28 AM
Baja Cactus Hotel

Antonio and Family, We want to Thank you for the wonderful stay at your Hotel. I and my husband slept like baby's in the new room. Your staff was so kind and just wonderful to us. Thank You, Cyndarouh;):saint:;):saint:
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 01:52 PM

:yes:glad to hear you had a good time and got back home safe and sound. i sure do envy you, living so close to the border, but wouldn't give up my home here. so i guess i just have to be happy with the drive.
MICHELEBG

[*] posted on 5-24-2006 at 08:35 PM

Stayed there twice - on my way down to La Paz & on the way back. Beautiful rooms!!! Comfortable beds. Awesome
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 03:11 PM

I'll be staying there Aug 16, I cant wait to see the place!!

Derek
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-21-2006 at 06:16 PM

Mucho Felizidades to the Baja Cactus amigos....we rarely stay in hotels but we did last week and the muchacha who attended to us was wonderful...this is by far the best service I have ever had at any hotel in Baja and we will recommend it to everyone. Excellent service is so rare here and the rooms as everyone mentioned are terrific. Bravo!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 11:08 AM

Wow! Sounds like it's worth a trip to El Rosario just to stay at the hotel, which we'll do. Anything to get out of Punta Banda (Newport Beach South) in summer!

Antonio, congratulations to your father on the realization of his dream, and to you and your esposa on the fulfilment of yours.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 12:25 PM

"Wow!...Anything to get out of Punta Banda (Newport Beach South) in summer!"

Where I am now, or Punta Banda....I'd rather be in Punta Banda right now, but curious as to why you compair it to Newport Beach South?

[Edited on 23-7-2006 by Paulina]

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 04:12 PM

You know, wall-to-wall SUV's (anything smaller than an Expedition need not apply); having nothing to do with the indigenas; creating more garbage in a weekend than a local family generates in a month; not respecting the beach; etc., etc. Nice picture, Paulina, but do you have any close-ups of Punta Estero in summer? Yes, it is and hopefully always will be a beautiful place, but in summer it takes a lot of abuse. Granted, to people in less blessed places, I probably come across as one whale of a whiner. Guess that comes from loving the place a lot.

[Edited on 7-23-2006 by bajamigo]

[Edited on 7-23-2006 by bajamigo]
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 06:11 PM

Bajamigo, let me help you out....people trying to create gated communities where no one is welcome and look like no one actually lives there, til the weekend when they try to get 16 people into a house that can handle....oh, 4 comfortably??? And they come in what looks like 1 person per SUV (not car, SUV). Oh, but this thread is about the Baja Cactus Motel -- we look forward to staying there on our next visit to El Rosario.
cat127
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 07:29 PM

DId I miss the web address or is there one? Maybe I am jsut cross eyed from researching all afternoon........

-Cat
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 7-23-2006 at 08:51 PM

not sure there is one but there is an email -- google "baja cactus el rosario"
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.