BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Poll: Has the motor fuel supply problem changed your travel plans
Yes, I am delaying my trip until i hear peace returns fuel is available --- 9 (23.08%)
No, damn the torpedoes, full speed agead, i got no worries --- 26 (66.67%)
No, i am a homebody right now and got no reason to travel --- 4 (10.26%)

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Has the motor fuel supply problem changed your travel plans
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

question.gif posted on 1-11-2017 at 03:24 PM
Has the motor fuel supply problem changed your travel plans

With news of roadblocks and stations out of fuel, wondering if you have changed your travel plans?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 03:27 PM

I voted.

So, Goat. What's your travel plans? Or you're already down there? Or is this for an article?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 03:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Beagle  
I voted.

So, Goat. What's your travel plans? Or you're already down there? Or is this for an article?

Im just curious, but i do have trip south planned for february, so HOPING gasoline supply is not an issue next month.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 04:17 PM

There was no option for 'Ask me again in March', so I voted for option #1. I hope this is just temporary, but I would not go right now!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 04:31 PM

Yeah, that was a tough question...I am not going back to Baja but will be on the road to Az for a while and thence to Venice La. for some serious fishing. Waiting for the VA to quit messin with me...Happy Trails, all

Aldervale
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 04:46 PM

MTgoat

Thanks for posting this....we are putting of till Feb depending on the fuel situation AND somewhat to get a little different weather and flower viewing than January.

We welcome an ongoing discussion on fuel.

Aldervale
Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 06:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
There was no option for 'Ask me again in March', so I voted for option #1. I hope this is just temporary, but I would not go right now!

Here's hoping for March. We are flying into SJD and then driving North to San Jaunico, making various stops. Hoping all is well.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 07:29 PM

I'll be crossing the border in about 10 days and am assuming things will be better by then but will play it by ear. My KLR has a 300 mile range with my oversize tank which helps a lot.
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja happy

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 09:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by Beagle  
I voted.

Im just curious, but i do have trip south planned for february, so HOPING gasoline supply is not an issue next month.

Hey Mtgoat,
I'm headed there the first week in Feb. and am hoping, like you, that things have settled down. However, someone posted an article recently that said they're going to raise the price again in February. Are they nuts?? :O
http://www.forbes.com.mx/ya-viene-segundo-gasolinazo-febrero...

Frank

[Edited on 1-12-2017 by Nashville Frank]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 09:22 PM

How do you screw up event logistics? Introduce gasoline supply issues!:fire:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 09:47 PM

Ken, Calexico and El Centro have gas, but you need to fill jerry cans (in Mexicali) so you can add fuel to those thirsty Jeeps with small tanks. I bet this crisis ends in the next few days and your event over a month away will be fine.

[Edited on 1-12-2017 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 10:01 PM

DK, are you encouraging folks to jerry can up stateside? Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was verboten to haul U.S. gas into Baja.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 10:14 PM

No, if you could cross with extra gas then Ken has no problem. I will clearly say that without being able to fill jerry cans in Mexicali, his trip would be in trouble.

[Edited on 1-12-2017 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2017 at 10:24 PM

Your reply to Ken doesn't read like that. It reads like: Fill your J cans in Calexico/El Centro.... In your opinion/experience, is it forbidden to transport US gas to Baja? (just a yes or no will suffice.)
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2017 at 01:42 AM

Yes, it's forbidden and is one think they almost always check for to see if the the cans are empty.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2017 at 03:02 AM

Inconvenient - yes
Its a major issue very few cars on the road. Now here in San Felipe the stations have opened the diesel pumps . I guess they did not run out as they said. At least I am getting water delivery. And I saw a armored truck today so maybe we can get some pesos soon?
The delivery trucks from Mexicali are not running yet so fresh vegies, auto parts, and other stuff have been curtailed. We get our mail because the guy fills up in Calixico. Concert has been canceled for Friday.
What a pain
Times will change soon. Roomer that fuel trucks are leaving Mexicali fuel storage area this PM??
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 1-12-2017 at 06:06 AM

As usual, in Ensenada the only thing going on are the people griping about
the increased cost (wait till next month and it will be a roar) no stations closed
and the obligatory marches down Reforma protesting the gasolinazo. Gas is
all over the place, short liters and full liters and no terminal blockades although
there is a very nice terminal on Rt.1 going south into town which could be blockaded
but no one has done so. The new Alcalde has declared war on potholes, bought seven
shiny new trash trucks and discovered thirteen million dollars has just vanished from the city coffers.
Once again someone forgot to lock the drawers. :)

For several years I have been trying to figure out why this town is insulated from
all the desmadres seen in other parts of Baja and the mainland.

If I ever get a solid answer I will pass it on.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 1-12-2017 at 06:22 AM

Have always had the same feeling about Ensenada .... A nice location for some strange reason and good to hear it's staying that way ... overall .. with the other, it happens all the time
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2017 at 07:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by hombre66  
Your reply to Ken doesn't read like that. It reads like: Fill your J cans in Calexico/El Centro.... In your opinion/experience, is it forbidden to transport US gas to Baja? (just a yes or no will suffice.)

Yes, it is illegal to have filled jerry cans across the border into Mexico. That was a given (I though) so I said, without being able to fill the cans (in Mexicali) Ken would have a problem for the Jeeps with small tanks unable to make the round trip back to Calexico from the Pole Line Road.

On the previous Pole Line caravans, one of the vehicles did not know of the law and had a full 5 gallon can before we crossed the border. My truck had room in the tank for it, so we emptied his tank into my Tacoma. In Mexicali, I filled his can back up and topped my tank with the better (and cheaper then) Mexican gas.

roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 1-12-2017 at 03:47 PM

Gas available at both stations in Mulege :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Never learned from a book-Only from mistakes, mine and yours
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.