BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Two bicycle travelers seeking ride south!
Holyspokes

smile.gif posted on 1-20-2017 at 10:16 AM
Two bicycle travelers seeking ride south!

Hello! Two friendly American bicycle travelers trying to escape the rainy north for the sunny south! Currently in Vicente Guerrero and looking for a ride to San Ignacio or somewhere along the way. Happy to pay for gas and share the driving. We have two bicycles (and the material + ability to safely secure them to any vehicle) but minimal other luggage, let me know if you can help! My name is Liza, call or text 978-987-7595. Gracias!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 04:15 PM

HS Liza,
Sorry to see no replies here yet, but a lot of Nomads will applaud you for not riding your bikes down on Hwy 1...some, myself included, used to think it was a great idea to ride bicycles down....but also driving a cage down, realized that bicyclists can certainly put themselves and others in danger due to the road width...sometimes also true for me when on a motorcycle down here.

Good luck and enjoy Baja.

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
HS Liza,
Sorry to see no replies here yet, but a lot of Nomads will applaud you for not riding your bikes down on Hwy 1...some, myself included, used to think it was a great idea to ride bicycles down....but also driving a cage down, realized that bicyclists can certainly put themselves and others in danger due to the road width...sometimes also true for me when on a motorcycle down here.

Liza,
Ignore motoged and the other bike haters on nomad, they are like bike haters everywhere, just wrong-headed people.
Post your request on Facebook Talk Baja. And go chat up drivers at the Pemex.
And if you don't find ride, rain will let up on Monday.

[Edited on 1-20-2017 by mtgoat666]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 05:13 PM

Spoken like a true idiot Mt that does not live here just a tourist.Nobody hates pedal bikes I even ride one.Riding one on Highway 1 beyond just plain stupid.When you take your child in a little trailer behind your bike on Highway 1. Extra stupid. Anyway I wish you both safe trip to bad its pouring rain here.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 05:42 PM

Liza wants a ride south with her bike, not to ride her bike (on the dangerous, shoulder-less sections Highway One)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TecateRay
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 06:52 PM

HS Liza,

Well said Motoged. Please keep your bikes off of highway 1 you are a hazard that endangers not only your own life but those of drivers having to avoid you.
I am not a bike hater, but they have their place and Baja Highway 1 is not that place.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 07:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TecateRay  
HS Liza,

Well said Motoged. Please keep your bikes off of highway 1 you are a hazard that endangers not only your own life but those of drivers having to avoid you.
I am not a bike hater, but they have their place and Baja Highway 1 is not that place.

The pot bellies are blowing their foul-breathed bellicose bellowing bleeats.

Liza, don't worry about their lack of driving skills and aggressive old man rage at the world and people unlike them, you can smell their halitosis long before you see their drunken driving on rte 1, so you will have plenty of warning of their approach.
TecateRay
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 07:58 PM

Actually, I don't have a pot belly and the last several years I have made 3+ trips each year from Tecate to Cabo without a drink within 10 hours of getting behind the wheel and without an accident. I am old and with that comes some wisdom.

Liza - we usually run radios when traveling and we use the term "Darwins" to refer to bicyclists on HWY 1 as a warning to other drivers in our group. If you are not familiar with the term "Darwin" it refers to people doing something so stupid that they do not qualify when the "Survival of the fittest" test is applied. Think about it. Don't be a danger to yourself and others.

Enjoy Baja, it is a magical place. Ride a mountain bike on the thousands of miles of dirt tracks to go to wonderful places.
TecateRay
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 08:00 PM

Actually, I don't have a pot belly and the last several years I have made 3+ trips each year from Tecate to Cabo without a drink within 10 hours of getting behind the wheel and without an accident. I am old and with that comes some wisdom.

Liza - we usually run radios when traveling and we use the term "Darwins" to refer to bicyclists on HWY 1 as a warning to other drivers in our group. If you are not familiar with the term "Darwin" it refers to people doing something so stupid that they do not qualify when the "Survival of the fittest" test is applied. Think about it. Don't be a danger to yourself and others.

Enjoy Baja, it is a magical place. Ride a mountain bike on the thousands of miles of dirt tracks to go to wonderful places.
o3dave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 08:14 PM

Goat, why are you online today? Is this not your big day to loot and "peacefully" protest?

Are you grounded again?

[Edited on 1-21-2017 by o3dave]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 08:26 PM

Dave,
I think the goat is:
a) off his meds
b) drinking again
c) intoxicated with his alliterative frenzy of "b's"
e) all of the above

....besides, the looters would shove him head-first through a Starbuck's window...

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 08:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by o3dave  
Goat, why are you online today? Is this not your big day to loot and "peacefully" protest?

Are you grounded again?

[Edited on 1-21-2017 by o3dave]

Rain keeping me inside today.
But tomorrow is pink pussy hat protest parade, and sun will be out and shining on us. Remember, we outnumber the deplorables!
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 11:07 PM

Read this article and think (i.e. use brain) about it:

http://www.theborneopost.com/2013/05/18/italian-cycling-amer...

Stay safe and let others be safe.

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
1-21-2017 at 01:24 PM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.