BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: State of BCS plans to implement a new tourist tax, $350 Pesos.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 10:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
but I really find it hard to believe that the money will really benefit the slum folks.

It wont. Employment will benefit everybody. [a Trump echo]
Quit trying to compete with China with slave wages and give real incentives to foreign investment.

Dennis you got to be kidding!

So you're blaming Mexico for the slaves wages in Mexico?

You seem to never look north and see it's the USA that demands those slave wages, under threat it will move their plants to China or other country paying even lower slaves wages, as it's always seem to be a race to the bottom with the USA's multinationals making unreasonable demands to countries like Mexico, with bribes in hand.

I find it comical that you Dennis, want Mexico to give give real incentives to foreign investment!

What else do you want Dennis?

You don't think companies like Ford, and the maquiladoras close to the border, don't already get real incentives, with offers of cheap land, no state or local tax, ability to offer slave wages, with little to no benefits, and no job protections, so the male bosses could chase the females workers all around the desks with no threats of sexual harassment lawsuits from the female workers.

What more could Mexico offer to foreign investments? Perhaps real slaves?

Mexico, has already opened up part of it's state run oil company Pemex, to private investments, or really US oil companies, which only ramps up the misery scale in Mexico.
________

Dennis, you also do not seem to understand tourism, if you really believe a tourist tax for 350 or $16 dollars, if they stay more than one day, will just be another nail in Mexico's coffin. Perhaps, you're just thinking of your own mortality.

That's nothing to a well-heeled foreign traveler mostly from the USA, who is already going to pay about $2000 dollars in Cabo at a 4 or 5 star resort for 5 or 6 nights. ( I doubt Motel 6 types of motels will be paying the extra tax)

I could just hear an ugly American tourist now, " Oh what's this tourist tax of $16 dollars? I'm not going to pay it, lets go home, and go bowling. "

When I visit Las Vegas, which is often, I don't like paying the daily $25 to $29 dollars resort fee, but I do it anyway, and it doesn't seem to hurt tourism, and those resort fees, and tourists taxes are being added to many popular tourist destinations all the time. This is common knowledge to any tourists.

[Edited on 2-3-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-4-2017 at 06:37 PM
User Fees to raise Revenue

I have always failed to understand why user fees (which is what a tourist tax amounts to) raise such hysteria.

User Fees are the fairest of taxation since they are entirely voluntary and will be effective or not dependent on the extent to which they raise additional funds versus their negative effect on tourist volume.

Should they create a net negative result, they will be modified or repealed.

Pay to Play.

Or Stay Away.

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 2-4-2017 at 07:02 PM

hysteria! :lol:
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 2-6-2017 at 07:08 PM

I've just had the "new US taxes" on imported items explained to me.

As I understand it currently, if a company buys product from Mexico for $5 and sells it in the US for $10, they pay tax on the $5 profit. Under the Trump proposal to penalize them for buying out of the country, they will pay taxes on the entire $10 instead. If this doesn't flow through Congress, the alternative is that Trump will simply add tariffs to the products to increase their prices and bring that tariff tax into the US coffers and fuel inflation. Everyone loves inflation and a cheaper USDollar, right?

NAFTA will be the next target or maybe it's part of this new approach to US taxes on goods from cheaper countries.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2017 at 08:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

I find it comical that you Dennis, want Mexico to give give real incentives to foreign investment!

Dennis can't respond at this time. He's been rendered speechless.

[Edited on 2-7-2017 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2017 at 01:34 PM

How "voluntary" is it to pay the 16% IVA on necessities?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.