BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Carls Jr - Ensenada!!
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

Mood: Muy Pacifico

[*] posted on 1-30-2017 at 06:58 AM
New Carls Jr - Ensenada!!

I half do this in jest...but what the heck! This place is great. I have NEVER stopped at a US fast food joint in all my years of traveling in Baja. But something was different last week on my way south. After getting lost shopping in TJ I finally find my way to Ensenada during afternoon rush hour and as I'm driving towards city hall I look on my right and see a gleaming new Carls sign that I've never seen before. Sure enough, a new CJ! I had to do it. I park and notice a security guard monitoring the parking lot. That's nice. Then I walk inside to the newest, nicest CJ I have every seen. Period. Place an order for a Super Star double cheese combo. The kids behind the counter speak english and are super polite. The food comes out delivered by another super polite employee. Outstanding. Best burger ever! Big screen tvs playing all the SUPER SEXY CJ bikini-girl-eating-huge-burger-videos. One after another. I am glued to the screens! And they sell beers on tap! I didn't drink any since I was on my way to Bahia. All in all...outstanding. And the bill was only 110 pesos! 5 bucks!

[Edited on 1-30-2017 by Doug/Vamonos]

[Edited on 1-30-2017 by Doug/Vamonos]
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja happy

[*] posted on 1-30-2017 at 09:12 AM

Thanks Doug/V!
I'll have to check that out this week. Always in search of the Best Burger...:yes:

Vámonos pues!

[Edited on 1-30-2017 by Nashville Frank]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-30-2017 at 11:25 AM
Burgers??

If you want great burgers in Ensenada try:

https://www.facebook.com/Cerveceria-Transpeninsular-13224771...

Buffalo BBQ, Calle Octava 444
Col. Centro
22800 Ensenada, Baja California
Mexico
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

Mood: Muy Pacifico

[*] posted on 1-30-2017 at 03:16 PM

hah! Next time I will stop just for the beer and commercials!
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2017 at 10:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
If you want great burgers in Ensenada try:

https://www.facebook.com/Cerveceria-Transpeninsular-13224771...

Col. Centro
Mexico

So, bajaguy, are you promoting the TransPeninsular Burger or the Craft Beer? I can imagine...:light:

What about your Serape hangout? Any good burgers there? Or should I go for the Rib Eye?

If you were stuck in the middle of the Costero, waiting on traffic to clear, and you looked up and saw the dive bar El Serape and glanced in the other direction to the shiny, new Carl's J...which direction would you sashay towards? What would draw you...

Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2017 at 10:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

Col. Centro
Mexico

Will Chef Valdez cook for me at the Buffalo?? That'd be fabulous!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-1-2017 at 08:29 AM

TransPeninsular - Both - Go for the burger with a glass of hefewizen

No burgers at El Sarape, Just Rib Eye, Salmon or Tuna - Tuesdays & Thursdays only

No contest....if I was stuck in traffic on a Tuesday or a Thursday it would be El Sarape

Any other day of the week it might be the Deli Loop, on the Costero, just west of and across from the Navy base

Quote: Originally posted by Nashville Frank  

So, bajaguy, are you promoting the TransPeninsular Burger or the Craft Beer? I can imagine...:light:

What about your Serape hangout? Any good burgers there? Or should I go for the Rib Eye?

If you were stuck in the middle of the Costero, waiting on traffic to clear, and you looked up and saw the dive bar El Serape and glanced in the other direction to the shiny, new Carl's J...which direction would you sashay towards? What would draw you...

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2017 at 10:51 AM

Great Burger and probable better than any in the States I've been to. Loreto just before the airport going south. Los Barachos French fries are really good too. I think they have 4 different burgers and all are good. I liked their bacon, cheese, avocado the best.
Sometimes you just can't get around that burger craving.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-1-2017 at 10:54 AM

wow...I dont do burgers but the rest of my tribe loves Carl JR's but one with beer would be fantastic...did it have a kids play area which is the real clincher for us? and did they have those fantastic yam fries on the menu?...and any buff guys in Speedos in that commercial???

[Edited on 2-1-2017 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.