BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: The natives are getting angry ?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Dennis is right,

Hey....that Joey. He's pretty smart, ain't he.
Another red flag is the time on the post...an hour and a half after the California bars close. never done did that, come home from the gin-mills with a load on and hit the keyboard. Right, Joey, huh? :lol::lol:
Oohh well....who cares.

[Edited on 2-7-2017 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 12:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
You're suspicious of EVERYTHING, Dennis, and quick to the accusation. That's been apparent for a long time.

Or, maybe you'd care to comment on my post, as I am not a troll.

Dennis is right, and it's especially suspicious when a newbie, with their very first post, makes a very controversial post, when there is no evidence what they claim is even taking place, and their posts could be nothing more than fear mongering, or paranoid thoughts because they perceived a Mexican looked at them the wrong way.

It's one of the reasons why I rarely talk to newbies with less than 50 posts especially when their posts have possible trolling elements, or seem to be engaged in fear mongering, with the possible hope of spreading fear to others, because others take the bait, and the next thing you know mass hysteria is going on!

OK, then, Just Joe with a ringing endorsement of Dennis.

Even IF the OP is a troll, is it OK to discuss these issues? Especially among us that LIVE down here?

Think of it like a presidential press conference or forum. Remember those?

Some nobody at the back of the room asks a pertinent question? Does the moderator simply reply "sorry, you've never asked a question before, and so we can't consider your very legitimate question. NEXT QUESTION!!!!"

It's the answers that count, no whose asking the question. Good questions are good questions.

[Edited on 2-7-2017 by Hook]

[Edited on 2-7-2017 by Hook]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 12:59 PM

This is not really a question from the OP, it's a statement!

The natives are getting angry ?

We use to see that type of statement or headline at the bottom of the TV over at '"Fox News" years ago, when they were spreading mass hysteria about the Mexican cartel's shootings, and acting like all of Mexico was a war zone.

Fox news, did it for ratings among other reasons.

Who knows the real motivations of the OP but I certainly wouldn't take the bait with a long drawn out answer to calm his fears, or stoke his or hers trolling, Trolls love it when they get you to take the bait.

At best I would say something like, "no I haven't noticed any negative behavior of Mexicans towards me or anyone else where I live or visit.

Because of Fox news, Alarmists, and Mexico haters, there is fear of Mexico, but that fear is usually relegated to those that actually never visit Mexico, and you see questions from them like "Is Mexico Safe?"

How do you really answer that question?

For me the answer is tell them, is "No it's not safe" because I;m tired of seeing that question.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 01:04 PM

Not at all. As I implied earlier, the inquiry had an element of [if I may] overly unstudied curiosity, especially from a US citizen who lives in Mexico.
Hook....your reply was good....informative....appreciated. I'm jes sayin' I believe the pot was being stirred for a chitstorm reply.

Wonder what my new best friend Joey thinks of this?

[Sorry. Posting out of sync here.]

[Edited on 2-7-2017 by DENNIS]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 01:26 PM

This is not really a question from the OP, it's a statement!

The natives are getting angry ?

Just one more flag to look at.......a very disrespectful reference to locals from a community guest. Not one I would ever hear from my friends and neighbors.
Anxiously awaiting a further post from the OP, but I won't be holding my breath. :no:

BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 01:32 PM

a lot of wasted energy here

I'm gonna go find something constructive to do

have a good one!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
There has been nothing that I am aware of in my town in Sonora. But at this time of year, gringos make up close to 50% of the inhabitants. The town is very dependent on the gringo dollars. So, I think that mutes any criticism. So many Mexicans speak English here, so we can talk to them about the political situation in the US.

My feeling is that local leaders need to be made to understand that people arent responsible for the actions of their leaders, in most cases. That should be easy for them to understand, given the history of Mexican politics. This goes for the price of oil, the value of the currency, etc.

What we gringos CAN control is the amount we put into the local economy. If we begin to feel threatened, then we will spend less and less time and money here. The locals will feel it much more than we will, as many of us have homes we can return to. Or, we will begin to vacation in other countries.

I am sympathetic to their frustration over the skyrocketing cost of fuel and the resulting inflation in everything else. But turning their anger on us will be counterproductive to their well-being. I dont see the growing middle class in Mexico, that was so evident only a few years back, replacing us any time soon.

Somehow, your local leaders need to be made aware of all this. We are good neighbors. We arent involved in crime, we keep clean surroundings, we employ lots of people, we are generous with our good fortune, when it comes to the needy.

And we are as exasperated with our governance as they are with theirs.

I see Hook took the bait, and Dennis wants my comments. OK, I'll give a few of my comments, over what I see is flawed thinking from Hook, and who knows, the OP might be laughing now over all the attention is is getting from his first post.

OK if Mexicans hate Gringos, because of Trump or any other reason. Do you really think those Mexican haters who live in a Mexican town, are going to care that Gringos make up to 50% of the inhabitants? Maybe the local businesses might like the Gringo business, and perhaps the waiters only spit on the food, while they smile and serve you.

But the average Mexican citizen doesn't have to like you, and if they really hate you, they want you gone period.

I see this kind of flawed thinking when it comes to corrupt Mexican cops, American ex-pats, and American tourists, are alarmed that a corrupt Mexican cop would stop an American over a trumped up charge, and then ask for a bribe. The ex-pats, will say things like, " why would a Mexican cop take a bribe, don't they know it's ruins tourism?"

My answer is always, real corrupt Mexican cops don't care about the tourism dollar.

BTW exactly where do you live Hook with 50% of Gingos? Sounds like an mostly all white enclave with high walls.

Hook are you really going to preach to local Mexicans why they should like you?

If I'm a Mexican, which BTW I am. I'm going to wonder why Trump received the majority of the white vote? At least as a Mexican-American, I could tell them that only about 30% of dumb Mexican-Americans voted for Trump, not the near 60% of the white Americans who voted for Trump.

The same thing for your wish Hook that local officials talk to the Mexican locals and tell them not to hate gringos.

Do you really think that will work? It's almost laughable, to imagine the local officials trying to tell the locals to love gringos, seeing that most Mexicans don't respect their local officials.

Maybe, Trump should tell his constituents not hate Mexicans and Muslims, as I would love to see how that would play out.

I'm sorry Hook, but your threatened boycott of Mexico, probably won't help Mexicans love or even like you.

The good news is I don't think Mexicans hate you, or hate Americans, even with the election of Trump, although there is always an element of haters who are going to hate you, and there is little to nothing you can do about it.

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 03:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
It is ironic that American citizens are starting to feel the wrath of being "unwanted foreigners" at their winter homes in Mexico...feeling dispossessed in a neighbour's country.

Guys like D. will only consider speaking to white christian males in his SOB digs....other Trump devotees chirp in with their NOB views defending their illustrious leader's gaffs...while others fan the flames of Americans as victims...

My experience with Mexican locals varies re: their views ....some say Mexican leaders need to clean up the corruption/crime issues and focus on their disappointment in their own leaders....some will put their fingers to their lips as if closing a zipper, indicating passive agreement with anti-Trump sentiments ... and some will politely avoid the conversation ...

Those who are SOB and voted for Trump deserve whatever they get ....and those who did not should voice their opinions clearly as to demonstrate not all gringos are Trumpets...

You seem to be awful caught up in bashing our politics here in the United States when it looks like you're from Canada. Nobody I know, myself included takes the time to critique and bash your government even though there is plenty of reason. I understand you're a bleeding heart Liberal but those days are over here, at least for the next 8 yrs. America did not create the problems in Mexico, Mexico did. What part of this do you not understand?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 03:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNaranja  
a lot of wasted energy here

I'm gonna go find something constructive to do

have a good one!

what! you can't be tired of cranky old geezers embarrassing themselves already?:lol:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 03:26 PM

Canadians in Mexico seem to spend a lot of time telling citizens of two countries that they cant VOTE in how to run those counrties. Canada is a mess...It would seem as if they should devote their energies to their own problems..OR, maybe they have given up?

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 05:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Canadians in Mexico seem to spend a lot of time telling citizens of two countries that they cant VOTE in how to run those counrties. Canada is a mess...It would seem as if they should devote their energies to their own problems..OR, maybe they have given up?

Simply put, some of them want the best of two worlds without paying anything... I've spent quite a bit of time in both Baja and Canada, it's a funny game they play..

[Edited on 2-8-2017 by Bubba]
FelizCanadian

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 05:36 PM

Holy Toledo , I guess I'd better pull up my drawers and move on. Sorry if I upset anyone, my wife and I were just seeing if it was random or not. I always get up early, Union worker for 37 years so its the genes. Stay safe everyone
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 07:59 PM

Dear Happy Canadian

I have no idea why I feel I must apologize for these very unhappy Nomads spouting off about you when they no nothing about you and your family. It appears to me that these people have nothing better to do but spend their lives on this board being negative and bringing very little positive input to the table. I want to scream to them "to get a life" but I am sure after being so hateful and negative they just wont get it.
Being aware of your surroundings is good advise for anywhere in this crazy world, so I say,
Love, peace and tacos and seize the day!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 08:32 PM

First, and only impressions can at times be unforgiving. They're a rite of passage here.
No harm meant....no harm done.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 08:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
Dear Happy Canadian

I have no idea why I feel I must apologize for these very unhappy Nomads spouting off about you when they no nothing about you and your family. It appears to me that these people have nothing better to do but spend their lives on this board being negative and bringing very little positive input to the table. I want to scream to them "to get a life" but I am sure after being so hateful and negative they just wont get it.
Being aware of your surroundings is good advise for anywhere in this crazy world, so I say,
Love, peace and tacos and seize the day!

nailed it!:yes:
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 09:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

First, and only impressions can at times be unforgiving. They're a rite of passage here.
No harm meant....no harm done.

Harm done by your gawdammm drama and disrespect. Butt wipe supporters jumping like frogs. Predictable.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2017 at 02:17 AM

Good morning, Nomads. I'm not going to include my opinion in this conversation, but I will share an observation.

A lot of us are getting too old to be treating each other as we have been. Instead of focusing on our differences and being critical of one-another, maybe it would be better to try focus on some common things that can help bring us together. Is it really important to shove your political point of view in the faces of as many people as you can before you die? Wouldn't it be better to show some love and let the rest slide? You were probably first drawn to Baja because it offered some peace or solace that you needed in your life, perhaps partially because of all of tension in your life in the US. If, for just a little while, we can all focus on finding that peace and solace and common ground again, I believe the rest isn't going to matter as much. Try to be tolerant of one-another. Your political opinion probably doesn't mean anything to anyone else here, especially if it's delivered as an insult.

Go take a look at some of the pictures that Russ posted, take a deep breath, and let all of the rest of this crap go. It's not worth it, brothers.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-8-2017 at 07:29 AM

Boycott? What boycott, JJJ?

If a person feels his family becomes threatened in Mexico and chooses to spend more time elsewhere, that isnt a boycott. That's protecting your family.

Who else is gonna do it down here? The police? The US Consulate? :lol:

I was simply pointing out that disparaging gringos will likely be counterproductive to their lives. So far, I have seen no anti-US sentiment over here.

There are a couple big events over here, this week. Our big pickleball tournament and our largest music festival. Good venues for local Mexicans to complain about gringos being here.

Somehow, I think they will be too busy earning dollars from the gringos...........

As usual, JJJ, there is no there there, in your posts. You travel the internet with blinders on; seeing what you want to see, rather than what is written.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-8-2017 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by imlost  
Good morning, Nomads. I'm not going to include my opinion in this conversation, but I will share an observation.

A lot of us are getting too old to be treating each other as we have been. Instead of focusing on our differences and being critical of one-another, maybe it would be better to try focus on some common things that can help bring us together. Is it really important to shove your political point of view in the faces of as many people as you can before you die? Wouldn't it be better to show some love and let the rest slide? You were probably first drawn to Baja because it offered some peace or solace that you needed in your life, perhaps partially because of all of tension in your life in the US. If, for just a little while, we can all focus on finding that peace and solace and common ground again, I believe the rest isn't going to matter as much. Try to be tolerant of one-another. Your political opinion probably doesn't mean anything to anyone else here, especially if it's delivered as an insult.

Go take a look at some of the pictures that Russ posted, take a deep breath, and let all of the rest of this crap go. It's not worth it, brothers.

Very well said, thank you!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2017 at 09:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by imlost  

and let all of the rest of this crap go. It's not worth it, brothers

While this may not be the appropriate forum for this topic, there
are some here who feel passionate, their feelings
get the best of them. To call this expression 'crap' is
woefully simplistic. Yes it is worth every bit, it is exactly
that uncaring attitude that got us into this chaotic mess.
While I like a Baja sunrise as much as much as anyone
who is fortunate to witness them, I'm not going to bury my
head in the sand

[Edited on 2-8-2017 by sancho]
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.