Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kayaker looking for help at LA Bay, Loreto and La Ventana
cvchandler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 01:05 PM
Kayaker looking for help at LA Bay, Loreto and La Ventana

My name is Charles Chandler. I知 paddling the Baja 750 Paddle Challenge from San Felipe to Cabo San Lucas.

I知 looking for resupply and package holding assistance at LA Bay, Loreto and La Ventana. and minimal hospitality at other places. I知 hoping to find some people who will help me complete my challenge.

A few general notes: The dates and times below are approximate, they are dependent on the actual day I start at San Felipe and how well I do. I have assumed I start on the morning of Feb. 17. I have a friend who will drop off a resupply package at the volunteer痴 place a few days before my arrival. Hopefully, you will have a phone so I can call you before or when I arrive. I値l give you some things to hold for me, I値l pick those items up on road trip back up north.

On February 17 I start at San Felipe.

At LA Bay on Feb.19, probably at sunset.. I will be stopping at Daggetts for my resupply and water fill up and to camp for the night. I need you to hold my resupply package for me. I need you to bring my resupply package and 10 gallons of purified drinking water. I値l fill up my water bladders and give your bottles back. I知 more than happy to pay for your expenses. I値l give you some things to hold for me, I値l pick those items up on road trip back up north.
Thank you for reading this.

At Loreto on Feb.25, probably at sunset. I will be stopping at Loreto Shores RV Park for the night. I need you to hold my resupply package for me. I need you to bring my resupply package and 10 gallons of purified drinking water to me at Daggetts. I値l fill up my water bladders and give your bottles back. I知 more than happy to pay for your expenses. I値l give you some things to hold for me, I値l pick those items up on road trip back up north. Thank you for reading this.

At La Ventana on Feb.28, probably at sunset. I will be stopping at the main campground for the night. i need you to obtain 10 gallons of purified drinking water and bring it to me. I値l fill up my water bladders and give your bottles back. I知 more than happy to pay for your expenses. I might want to give you you some things to hold for me, I値l pick those items up on road trip back up north. Thank you for reading this.

At Other places : If you have a place on the beach which is on my route between San Felipe and Cabo San Lucas and want to host me for a sleep stop that would be awesome. I would love to meet you and chat for a little while. My needs will be a shower, a place to pitch my tent and lots of sleep. Thank you for reading this.

Find out about the Baja 750 Paddle Challenge, we have this Facebook group: Baja 750 Paddle Challenge. Here you can see my route and read about my challenge. I値l be posting here during my journey: Use this link or just search for Baja 750 Paddle Challenge at Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Baja750/

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 01:25 PM

Welcome back... 7 years since we heard from you here! Your Baja Calendar photos that Carlos Fiesta used were great... 2010, I think?

Your SmugMug photo album is down... I recall you had some great stuff on it?

Hope you have a great new adventure!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 01:59 PM

We will be in LA Bay on the 19th. I can bring water to you at no charge maybe even a cold beer. Worst case I'll leave water at the office. Not available on your return trip unless San Diego works for you.

[Edited on 2-9-2017 by woody with a view]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
We will be in LA Bay on the 19th. I can bring water to you at no charge maybe even a cold beer. Worst case I'll leave water at the office. Not available on your return trip unless San Diego works for you.

Staying here?

:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 03:22 PM

No, but that upper room at Villa Bahia is the shizzle!

cvchandler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 08:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Welcome back... 7 years since we heard from you here! Your Baja Calendar photos that Carlos Fiesta used were great... 2010, I think?

Your SmugMug photo album is down... I recall you had some great stuff on it?

Hope you have a great new adventure!

Thanks for the welcome back, I remember you, at least a little bit. You have the numbers right. I checked the calendar as I have one which I've kept like new in an envelope. It was 2010. 09/10 was my last winter season in Baja. It will be nice to come back. I have most of the images at Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/charleschandler/albums

All the best back to you!
cvchandler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 08:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

Thanks very much for the offer. I'll send you an email message.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 09:13 PM

Click U2U on top right.

bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2017 at 07:18 PM

If logistics with Woody don't work out I can also help in BdeLA. I should be here (it's Baja, nothing is certain) on your northbound leg so I could hold your stuff if that's more convenient. Check U2U for contact information.
cvchandler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2017 at 08:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bkbend  
If logistics with Woody don't work out I can also help in BdeLA. I should be here (it's Baja, nothing is certain) on your northbound leg so I could hold your stuff if that's more convenient. Check U2U for contact information.

Thanks very much!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.