Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: GN: Malarrimo vs. Mario's vs. La Espinita
DeMinimis
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 10:00 AM
GN: Malarrimo vs. Mario's vs. La Espinita

Looking to overnight in GN. Large truck and camper. I've stayed at Malarrimo a couple times over the years. No complaints, but it's a parking lot. Looking online, it appears Mario's has much nicer RV parking (always nice to dump and load up on shower water). I've heard (read somewhere...once) that Mario's is cheaper. Anyway, never stayed at Mario's. If you've RV camped at both and have an opinion, I'd sure like to hear it. Just spending the night and moving on at sun rise (perhaps some late grub). Thanks.

EDIT: I added La Espinita into the mix as well in case someone has experience with that spot. Thanks.

[Edited on 2-17-2017 by DeMinimis]

You gonna eat that?
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 10:36 AM

We have stayed at both. Mario's is easy in and out, full hookups and fits the bill perfectly for your stated needs. Decent restaurant there also with classic scallop shell decor.

They also do whale tours on the other side of the lagoon so to speak and we use them for a change of pace every so often, especially later in the season.

Have fun!

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
DeMinimis
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 10:43 AM

Thanks! With that, I think we'll give Mario's a try this time.

You gonna eat that?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 10:49 AM

I'd check to make sure there's no caravan there -- if there is it'll fill up and be a zoo. (I prefer Malarrimo and being in town.)

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
DeMinimis
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 10:54 AM

Thanks. Lee, way off topic, but how militant are the police in San Clemente regarding parking lot camping? Looking at camping across the street from a friend's place in a parking lot. Lot owner's are cool with it, apparently, but sometimes, especially when closer to the boarder, the cities aren't so keen about such things. Would hate to get rousted at 3:00.

You gonna eat that?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 12:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DeMinimis  
Thanks. Lee, way off topic, but how militant are the police in San Clemente regarding parking lot camping? Looking at camping across the street from a friend's place in a parking lot. Lot owner's are cool with it, apparently, but sometimes, especially when closer to the boarder, the cities aren't so keen about such things. Would hate to get rousted at 3:00.

Town is militant about parking. Parking with other vehicles in the lot across from you friend's place would be a plus. A truck/camper isn't a typical RV, shouldn't be a problem. If there's a sign saying no overnite parking, that's a problem. Don't look like you're camping. Have a plan B if you're rousted. Have fun.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
DeMinimis
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 12:52 PM

Thanks Lee. Yes, it's posted. We'll try and come up with a different plan.

You gonna eat that?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 01:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DeMinimis  
Thanks Lee. Yes, it's posted. We'll try and come up with a different plan.

check u2u.

F*ck it.
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 06:36 PM

Could someone share a general location for these two places?

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
DeMinimis
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2017 at 08:49 PM

Right in Guerrero Negro and just slightly north for the other. Both have websites.

I probably should have added La Espinita to the title. In fact, I'll do that now.

[Edited on 2-17-2017 by DeMinimis]

You gonna eat that?
DeMinimis
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2017 at 01:20 PM

Added La Espinita into the mix in case someone has any experience with that place. Thanks.

You gonna eat that?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.