Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Grandpas
Nappo
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2017 at 08:30 PM
Grandpas

Made a quick trip down to San Quintin to see if we could get in on some winter fishing. Stopped at the Grandpas as usual and dropped off some blankets, clothes, food...It was a somber place as Enrique had passed away a few days before. Juan was dealing with the details for finalization of Enrique's life. Fishing wasn't as good as expected as I think all the "gods" were taking a rest. We still had a great time, great food, hospitality at the Old Mill, great fun fishing with Pedros Pangas.and took home some tasty filets. .Never a bad trip, but don't forget to take the 2 minute trip off of Hwy 1 to visit the grandpas and bring them anything even if it's just a pat on the back and a smile!
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 2-17-2017 at 09:42 PM

Nappo Thanks for seeing the Grandpa's. I am headed south next week with some supplies and cash. The now have a paypal account in anybody wants to send cash.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2017 at 09:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
Nappo Thanks for seeing the Grandpa's. I am headed south next week with some supplies and cash. The now have a paypal account in anybody wants to send cash.

Hey guys, thanks for your support for the grandpas. Is there a link for donations thru paypal? Please post it, thanks

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2017 at 10:04 PM

This is the grandpa's paypal address.
Very things helps. Please remember there will be funeral cost too...

grupoviviendoparaservir@hotmail.com

jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 2-17-2017 at 10:18 PM

I will be passing through in a couple weeks and will be bringing some things. I like to stop at Costco in Ensanada on my way. It's so close you can pick up fresh and refrigerated things with no worries. It also saves me having to haul things from the northwest. I hope they are in better spirits by the time I get there. It's sad to lose one of these gentlemen, but I am so pleased these men have a safe and caring environment in their later years. Thank you to Juan and everyone else that helps!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2017 at 09:03 AM

Driving directions? List of most-needed items? Gracias!

"I'm too young to be this old!"
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2017 at 05:32 PM

It's located at:
30°53'10.8"N 116°07'25.5"W Just cut and paste to Maps.
I sure somebody will post a map of it but you need can use this on your GPS or print your own map.

This was The Jan. list.

This Is our List of needs wd have The Home Grand Parents Home: Lateria: corn , peas, canned vegetables, tomato puree, Canned fruits, consome, salt, sugar, cooffe, milk powder, carton milk, chocolate powder, chocolate bars , envelopes for tea, flour for Hot cackes, jams, margarine, rice, beans, corn flackes, cooking oil, pasta for sopus, egg, whithe meats, red meats, fot cleaning liquid soap for frets, laundry soap, liquid cleaner pinol, fabulous, clorine, sanitary toilet, paper rakes, shaving creams , hair cutting machine . Thank You to All those who continue,,, To support The Home whith their Donations Bless!!

Nappo
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2017 at 10:30 PM

Very easy to find. Just of the hwy, (the only hwy!). Long straight away, and then you'll see a hill in the distance going to Camalu.
There's a huge sign about the shipwreck, "Al Barco, PUnta San Jacino" and even a smaller green sign, " Casa Hogar Para Ancianos". Can't miss it. Turn right and go about 2 minutes just down a very well graded dirt road..Don't turn into the big complex, as the gramps are just past it. When you see a building that looks like a 4th grader built a volcano project, but larger you're there!
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2017 at 10:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Nappo  
Very easy to find. Just of the hwy, (the only hwy!).
Hwy 1 km?

"I'm too young to be this old!"
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2017 at 06:01 PM

Les says the km marking in his head is 163???? someone wd have to confirm that

they are located just north of san quintin and you will see the signs for the shipwreck AL BARCO

God bless Juan for being there for the grandpas

God bless Nappo for remembering them and for reminding us to remember them.

RIP Enrique

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 2-20-2017 at 05:50 PM

NAPPO, Thank You So much for your continued support for my Grandpas!! I 'm just Heartbroken that I couldn't tell ENRIQUE Good-Bye!! I Miss them All so Deeply and Love them like Family!! I'm Praying God will lead me Back to them soon!! In the meantime, My Love and Prayers are with Each and Everyone of You who help them while I can't!! FOREVER GRATEFUL, Penny
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2017 at 07:02 PM

Penny, You are the reason we know and support them. Thanks to you too.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2017 at 07:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
Penny, You are the reason we know and support them. Thanks to you too.

Yes, it is wonderful that others have jumped in to help take the lead now and so many who have been involved continue to be involved, but Penny, without you none of it would have ever happened. Their lives completely changed for the better when you landed on their doorstep, and now it continues.

The changes have been unbelievable. I am so sorry about the death of Enrique, and Penny while you could not be there to say good-bye, you and Murray made his final years so much better.

You gave it all.

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 08:52 AM

Reading the thread by TMW inspired me to find and "Bump" this thread about the Grandpas ..

Time stands still for no one - none of us.

Penny - how/where are you ?

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 09:45 AM

I was just there last Monday.
I arrived and there was a celebration going on . The members of UNID ( I was told they were law students ) were there with a singer , food and shade . All were having a wonderful time.
This was for an early Fathers day celebration .
I have photos but will try to post later , I only have my phone with me .
Best to all and especially Fathers today and always

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 10:02 AM

They are great guys. Thanks for stopping by.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2019 at 08:12 AM

Sounds like a wonderful Father's Day - so glad the UNID folks made it a special day for them.
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 6-24-2019 at 04:51 PM

I don’t know who the grandpas are but I’ll bring them something in July when I go by.
Thank you for posting the list MMc

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.