Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: OK folks, I have a for real and serious question-
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 06:59 PM
OK folks, I have a for real and serious question-

I know, I know, it's not Baja but again you guys have real answers-

We are still going to Rocky Point in about a week but some of our group are questioning the trip with today's events on the President's guide lines for Immigration enforcement.

Anyone wish to comment that is currently in or living there with first hand experience as to the "attitude" of the local populace toward Americans today?
Please, I just want some honest answers that I can show our friends, from people already down there.

We have a couple from our group really concerned.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 07:14 PM

Cliffy check your U2U
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 07:20 PM

Haha. Don't sweat it. There's not many Mexicans left in r.p.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 07:28 PM

In conversations over beers with Mexicans in baja, I found that most Mexicans are shocked and aghast at Trump, and hate trump just as much as most gringos do.
But like usual, Mexicans treat you based on who you are, not who is your prez.
That said, you would be pretty stupid to drive around with a trump bumper sticker on your car.

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  

We are still going to Rocky Point in about a week but some of our group are questioning the trip with today's events on the President's guide lines for Immigration enforcement.

Anyone wish to comment that is currently in or living there with first hand experience as to the "attitude" of the local populace toward Americans today?
Please, I just want some honest answers that I can show our friends, from people already down there.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 07:35 PM

I am trying to figure out where the fake news is in this post???

The people here in Baja Sur seem to be preoccupied by Trump (lots of questions) and they do not like him....but are polite about it. Not overly aggressive. I suspect Puerto Penasco is the same. Things could change in the larger cities is the meeting dos not go well with Tillerson and Kelly. There was a large demonstration against Trump in Mexico City earlier this month.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-us-mexico...
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 07:36 PM

GO Have Fun. Life is to Short......:bounce::bounce:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 08:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Cliffy, don't listen to fake news! Drama driven.

If the truth is inconvenient or embarrasses you, then call it fake!

truly is embarrassing to see our great country defiled by the incompetent fool manipulated by nefarious sycophants.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 08:21 PM

Checked!

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 09:01 PM

Lots of demonstrations in the Valley, some on immigration and some on possibility of losing Obama care. Daughter works at a Fresno hospital emergency room and yesterday they had 100 patients and only two spoke English. Most would not sign papers for funds to help pay for their visit. The hospital has a fund to help the poor but you must sign papers to get it and no it's not something new for Trump. Been there for years.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 09:18 PM

Cliffy, don't listen to fake news! Drama driven.

How ironic you would say this, David, when Fox is the poster child for drama-driven news about Mexico.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 09:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
I am trying to figure out where the fake news is in this post???

The people here in Baja Sur seem to be preoccupied by Trump (lots of questions) and they do not like him....but are polite about it. Not overly aggressive. I suspect Puerto Penasco is the same. Things could change in the larger cities is the meeting dos not go well with Tillerson and Kelly. There was a large demonstration against Trump in Mexico City earlier this month.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-us-mexico...

In my neck of the woods, very few Mexicans ask me about the Trump presidency.....

When they do ask, I politely tell them that the government of Mexico requires me to live there legally and with the proper documents and the US is only enforcing the very same thing Mexico enforces and requires of foreign nationals either visiting or living in Mexico.
They nod their head in agreement and that is the end of it.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-22-2017 at 09:31 PM

The folks in Puerto PeƱasco know better than to poop in their own nest; they know their subsistence survives on American dolares. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" is a very crucial idiom, so go, be a happy tourista and you'll be fine. Just don't try to justify your trumpanzee-ness if you have the disease.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 08:42 AM

Ignorant people are where you find them......or they find you. Just don't respond to any negativity.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 08:51 AM

just wear your FDT tshirt
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
In conversations over beers with Mexicans in baja, I found that most Mexicans are shocked and aghast at Trump, and hate trump just as much as most gringos do.
But like usual, Mexicans treat you based on who you are, not who is your prez.
That said, you would be pretty stupid to drive around with a trump bumper sticker on your car.

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  

"I found that most Mexicans are shocked and aghast at Trump, and hate trump just as much as most gringos do."

Unbelievable and ignorant statement if it wasn't coming from you. It's simply wishful thinking on your part. Give it a rest.
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 10:37 AM

FWIW

I was paraded through a remote PAC Side fishing village in BCS in my MX buddies car.. It was New Years Eve everybody had something big going. One guy had a cow hanging, another house was chopping up a goat for Birria.. We stopped at each place, had a beer and I was introduced as a Trump voter (voter, not supporter.... To me there was no other choice but to keep that witch out of office) nobody gave a rats culo except my buddy Pengua, he has always been very political in the 25 years I've known him and his family. We all laughed at the trump sticker I put on penguas car... We drank and laughed about the whole scenario..

Not sure how the Mexicans in populated areas feel

TT
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 10:43 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!
The goat hooks up again.... let's see how much line gets pulled off the reel.

No problems that I have run into openly in Nayarit and Jalisco.

Yes, there have been some rantings on social media about P-nche gringos and how they go home if you don't like it here.
None of that is new.

The bottom line is people want to earn dollars and live in pesos.
Your concerned companions will have a blast.

Go have fun.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 11:00 AM

My thoughts about wary travelers is that if they have strong concerns about a destination, they should probably not go, as their preconceived fears are likely set ....and they will be looking for examples to prove their fearful perspectives (the old unconscious mind at work :coolup: ).

It isn't really a Trump thing (although his small-handed mind is only surpassed by his crass mind)....although his rhetoric hasn't endeared him to anybody except like-minded folks....and ...."you can't fix stupid", as a republican friend pointed out to me a few years go.

Hey, if you a fearful of jumping....don't jump. :light:

Don't believe everything you think....
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 11:22 AM

I have spent 17 days in Baja on two trips since the election. What Tomas Tierra and soulpatch say is fact. What goat posts is false.

The people of Baja are friendly and have no interest in a political debate about a foreign country. The are pleasers, and if you arrive wearing Obama or Hillary shirts, they will pretend to support your view. If you arrive neutral, you will not hear any disrespect for the president. The made-up drama is hysterical.

David,
Most of us are aware of your self-professed claim to be a expert on all things Baja and politics, but where do you get off saying Goat's statements are false, while crediting other opinions as being facts?

Appears to support the statement that if you don't like an opinion or apparent facts (with evidence), just call it fake news.

WTF????

While hijacking other people's threads and shilling your mission stories, you come out of your corner with the tired old Karl Marx quips...and that is getting real old....

Don't believe everything you think....
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 11:36 AM

Sigh.

I would disagree that they are not interested in political debate ( or, as it manifests itself here, bashing each other over the head with a club made of ideology ) or, as most of us would rather have, discussion.

They are quite interested in the state of politics in the USA, now more than ever China, Japan and any other country they do consistent trade with and how it affects their currency, daily lives, lives of extended family and friends, etc; etc.

I have been asked, frequently enough and quite calmly, how I feel about "my" new president.
What has followed has been discussion.

I guess it is all in how you are perceived regarding having discussions with people.

And, no doubt, there are Mexicans who support Trump... they are few and, in my unscientific observation, they are from a class most of us here do not belong to.

I almost did not respond to this just because of this type of horsechit that is degrading this forum but, what the heck, I guess I swallowed the bait, too.

Peace
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.