Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: OK folks, I have a for real and serious question-
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 08:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

4 or 5 months now....and you have it all figured out and feel fully qualified to speak on the attitudes of how Mexicans feel about USA politics?..

Color me impressed.

No, I am not claiming that...just saying that I have experienced a range of conversations about the Trump impact on Mexico and have heard a range of opinions.

Now, how about more stories about Thai hookers....:light:

Long, lean, silky raven hair, sensuously delicious smooth skin.....alluring, willing, seductive, full girlfriend experience......

Any more and it would get censored......

Next time you have a conversation with a Mexican in Mexico, ask them if their government requires foreign nationals who visit and live in their country, do so legally and with the proper documents.....and when they nod yes they do, ask them what the government of Mexico would do to those foreign nationals if they did not obtain the proper documents to visit or live in Mexico.

I do believe there is a full government apparatus in place right now that exists to see that foreign nationals do the right thing and get the proper documents to live or visit Mexico.
It's talked about on here damn near everyday.....FFM this and PR that....

I just don't see the beef that the USA does the EXACT same thing that every country in the world does........control immigration.....with attendant penalties for not doing it right.

Further more, does anyone think that foreign nationals living in Mexico can live there with impunity, get public funded benefits, get an equivalent of a social security card, a voter card, a driver's license or any other benefits available to legal residents....while living in Mexico contra la lay?

Thousands upon thousands of people flow into the USA annually.
It is absolutely imperative that the USA know who is coming and why and by what means of support they intend to make a go of it on...and above all, entering the right way......with proper documents.
I don't see how doing things the right way is now such a bad thing.

The immigration system of the USA with deportations, fines and jail time is not a new phenom is it?.....ALL past presidents have deported thousands and thousands, jailed criminals, fined people and revoked benefits haven't they?
And work in MX while illegally there?..forget it (although I suppose some jerk gringos do that..and for the record, I hope they are caught and summarily deported)

President Trump has a different "style" and some don't like it....I don't give a rat's axx if they don't like it or not.....it's not a personality game to garner atta boys and so forth......just do the damn job and just enforce the laws that have been on the books for decades.

Is that too much to ask?

Maybe you know?

[Edited on 2-24-2017 by DaliDali]

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 09:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Ever been shot at, Sparky?:smug:

Interesting question. I have but not in the military.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-23-2017 at 10:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Ever been shot at, Sparky?:smug:

Interesting question. I have but not in the military.

So have I out deer hunting when younger... but apples and oranges.... the topic was denigrating McCain for 'getting captured'. Kinda hard to do when shot down in a jet fighter 500 miles behind enemy lines... that in itself is REAL combat. Does that mean every Purple Heart recipient be unceremoniously discredited as tRump did to McCain because they were 'dumb' enough to get injured? He likes people who didn't get shot.
SAD.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 12:18 AM

Now, how about more stories about Thai hookers....:light:[/rquote]

Long, lean, silky raven hair, sensuously delicious smooth skin.....alluring, willing, seductive, full girlfriend experience......

Next time you have a conversation with a Mexican in Mexico, ask them if their government requires foreign nationals who visit and live in their country, do so legally and with the proper documents.....and when they nod yes they do, ask them what the government of Mexico would do to those foreign nationals if they did not obtain the proper documents to visit or live in Mexico.

I do believe there is a full government apparatus in place right now that exists to see that foreign nationals do the right thing and get the proper documents to live or visit Mexico.

I just don't see the beef that the USA does the EXACT same thing that every country in the world does........control immigration.....with attendant penalties for not doing it right.

Further more, does anyone think that foreign nationals living in Mexico can live there with impunity, get public funded benefits, get an equivalent of a social security card, a voter card, a driver's license or any other benefits available to legal residents....while living in Mexico contra la lay?

It is absolutely imperative that the USA know who is coming and why and by what means of support they intend to make a go of it on...and above all, entering the right way......with proper documents.

DaliDali how were you ever able to tell the difference between the ladyboys, and the real girls in Thailand, or did it even matter to you?

I been to Thailand, nice place, but way overcrowded, and you take your life in your own hands just crossing any busy street in the city. But I'm shocked they sent you to secondary when you came back and they looked through your phone, because you say you fit the profile of a sex tourist.

DaliDali, You need to demand a little more respect from US Custom agents. I have never in my life been sent to secondary, and I been to lots of places in the world including Thailand. The customs agent asked if I had family in Thailand, and I just said yes. I also had my girlfriend with me who BTW didn't care for Pattaya at all, but she loved the shopping in Bangkok.

Regarding asking Mexicans about their countries immigration polices. Yes on paper Mexican immigration polices look pretty tough but you and I and everybody else, knows just about anybody could cross the US/Mexico border, and live in Mexico, with or without papers. I know for a fact Rosarito is filled with illegal American aliens living off social security, or permanent workers disability, while they scam the US government with their fake injuries or possibly fake mental conditions. ( some of those Americans ex-pats are really off their rockers!)

Mexico was even offering amnesty to illegal American aliens living in Mexico, but I bet not too many American took advantage of the amnesty offered, because they can't qualify with their low income from a social security check, or they just don't bother.

DaliDali, do you really think Mexico is deporting illegal American aliens in great numbers because they don't have proper papers? That's a laugh, if you believe it, although I understand, one American illegal alien was kicked out of Ensenada last week. Big deal, one person! I also hear the Mexicans do immigration raid in Tijuana's Zona Norte bars, once in awhile, they find some foreign sex workers, from countries like Venezuela, and it's really sad to see a pretty girl being handcuffed and taken away, but even there the Mexican officials claim they are looking for trafficked foreign women, or their handlers. What do you don't hear is Mexican girls, in the bars, complaining, about foreign workers taking away their jobs, like you hear in America.

The difference between Mexico and US immigration polices, which both have historical been very lax, is the US has the jobs and those jobs pay very well compared to the Mexican job market. This makes it very attractive for Mexicans to jump the border and come work in the US, and the US makes it very easy for Mexican undocumented workers, to come to the US and work.

I really don't know what Trump is doing with all this anti-immigration, xenophobia polices. I think he is just playing to his base, and after a while, Trump will get with the program, because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you DaliDali. and your ilk think about US immigration polices. What matters is what big corporations think, and they want and demand cheap foreign labor, and they are going to get their way.

[Edited on 2-24-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 01:19 AM

4 or 5 months now....and you have it all figured out and feel fully qualified to speak on the attitudes of how Mexicans feel about USA politics?..

Color me impressed.

No, I am not claiming that...just saying that I have experienced a range of conversations about the Trump impact on Mexico and have heard a range of opinions.

The immigration system of the USA with deportations, fines and jail time is not a new phenom is it?.....ALL past presidents have deported thousands and thousands, jailed criminals, fined people and revoked benefits haven't they?
And work in MX while illegally there?..forget it (although I suppose some jerk gringos do that..and for the record, I hope they are caught and summarily deported)

President Trump has a different "style" and some don't like it....I don't give a rat's axx if they don't like it or not.....it's not a personality game to garner atta boys and so forth......just do the damn job and just enforce the laws that have been on the books for decades.

Is that too much to ask?

Maybe you know?

I think what they do is give them amnesty...oh yes...Mexico has an amnesty program as we speak becasue of the high number of illegals in the country.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 07:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Color me impressed.

Is that too much to ask?

Maybe you know?

I think what they do is give them amnesty...oh yes...Mexico has an amnesty program as we speak becasue of the high number of illegals in the country.

Would those foreign nationals living illegally in Mexico and given amnesty, be asked or told to get legal and go visit a local Migra office to do so?

Or detected as illegal, processed with a grant of amnesty and live in Mexico forever more without further ado?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 07:13 AM

There is a big moral difference between Mexico deporting undocumented rich retiree gringos that do not have children in country (all gringos in Mexico are rich relative to avg Mexicans), and USA deporting low income Mexicans that have USA citizen children in country.

Retiree gringos don't work, mostly don't participate in community, and don't pay significant taxes in Mexico.

Undocumented Mexican workers in USA are working, paying taxes, and often raising kids and participating in community.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 07:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Now, how about more stories about Thai hookers....:light:[/rquote]

DaliDali how were you ever able to tell the difference between the ladyboys, and the real girls in Thailand, or did it even matter to you?

I been to Thailand, nice place, but way overcrowded, and you take your life in your own hands just crossing any busy street in the city. But I'm shocked they sent you to secondary when you came back and they looked through your phone, because you say you fit the profile of a sex tourist.

DaliDali, You need to demand a little more respect from US Custom agents. I have never in my life been sent to secondary, and I been to lots of places in the world including Thailand. The customs agent asked if I had family in Thailand, and I just said yes. I also had my girlfriend with me who BTW didn't care for Pattaya at all, but she loved the shopping in Bangkok.

Regarding asking Mexicans about their countries immigration polices. Yes on paper Mexican immigration polices look pretty tough but you and I and everybody else, knows just about anybody could cross the US/Mexico border, and live in Mexico, with or without papers. I know for a fact Rosarito is filled with illegal American aliens living off social security, or permanent workers disability, while they scam the US government with their fake injuries or possibly fake mental conditions. ( some of those Americans ex-pats are really off their rockers!)

Mexico was even offering amnesty to illegal American aliens living in Mexico, but I bet not too many American took advantage of the amnesty offered, because they can't qualify with their low income from a social security check, or they just don't bother.

DaliDali, do you really think Mexico is deporting illegal American aliens in great numbers because they don't have proper papers? That's a laugh, if you believe it, although I understand, one American illegal alien was kicked out of Ensenada last week. Big deal, one person! I also hear the Mexicans do immigration raid in Tijuana's Zona Norte bars, once in awhile, they find some foreign sex workers, from countries like Venezuela, and it's really sad to see a pretty girl being handcuffed and taken away, but even there the Mexican officials claim they are looking for trafficked foreign women, or their handlers. What do you don't hear is Mexican girls, in the bars, complaining, about foreign workers taking away their jobs, like you hear in America.

The difference between Mexico and US immigration polices, which both have historical been very lax, is the US has the jobs and those jobs pay very well compared to the Mexican job market. This makes it very attractive for Mexicans to jump the border and come work in the US, and the US makes it very easy for Mexican undocumented workers, to come to the US and work.

I really don't know what Trump is doing with all this anti-immigration, xenophobia polices. I think he is just playing to his base, and after a while, Trump will get with the program, because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you DaliDali. and your ilk think about US immigration polices. What matters is what big corporations think, and they want and demand cheap foreign labor, and they are going to get their way.

[Edited on 2-24-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

I don't normally respond to anarchists but in this case I will....

If Mexico wants to allow foreign nationals to live in their country illegally, that is their business.

If the USA does not allow foreign nationals to live there without having done it legally, that is their business.

Just because one country does not enforce their immigration policies as stringently as another, that does not make it a bad thing.

If Mexico had 11 million illegal foreign nationals living in their country and many sucking on their resources (which by the way there is none for illegals) they might sing a different tune.

Mexico holds no moral high ground on their treatment of foreign nationals entering their country illegally.
Mexico thwarts the illegal entry on their southern border with Guatemala with zeal and determined force.

In the end, it's not a bad thing to ask immigrants to do the right thing and if they won't do the right thing, there are consequences.

My "ilk"?.....look in the mirror Goat.

In the end......doing the right thing is not now a bad thing by anyones stretch.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 07:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
There is a big moral difference between Mexico deporting undocumented rich retiree gringos that do not have children in country (all gringos in Mexico are rich relative to avg Mexicans), and USA deporting low income Mexicans that have USA citizen children in country.

Retiree gringos don't work, mostly don't participate in community, and don't pay significant taxes in Mexico.

Undocumented Mexican workers in USA are working, paying taxes, and often raising kids and participating in community.

Regardless of foreign nationals living in Mexico with gobs of money or not, it remains as the LAW that they do so with the proper documents allowing them to live in Mexico.

If Mexican immigration officials turn a blind eye, who's fault is that?
You, as an anarchist, approve of anyone flaunting the law. That's what you do.

Last I heard, the push is to deport criminal illegal aliens and the DACA kids will get pass.
The parents of those DACA kids who are still illegal after all the years of living in the USA, should get legal and there are NO storm troops rounding them up are there?

It's all about doing the right thing and not taking advantage of the host country out of respect for that host countries laws.
If those foreign nationals are living in Rosarito Beach illegally, shame on them and I can only hope they get deported forthwith.

Yes it's true some of those illegals pay some taxes and it's also true that many do not. It is also true that out of the estimated 11 million living illegally in the USA, many are criminals with criminal records who are killing, raping and victimizing innocent people.
Don't be fooled into thinking that all 11 million are the hard working, law abiding sort.

With all the various IRS deductions and credits, it's highly likely that a low income worker is getting money back via the earned income credit and end up getting money back that they never paid in. Backdoor welfare.

And is that now the standard?....pay some taxes and you get a pass on being legal?....only an anarchist like you would agree to that.

By no measure should doing the right thing be turned on it's ear and now become the wrong thing.

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 08:04 AM

I'm going to light the fire again-
My previous question still stands as unanswered-

Does any country (anywhere in the world) have the right AND the obligation to its citizens to control its own borders as it sees fit as a sovereign nation?

Why is it no one wants to answer this question?

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 08:10 AM

I'll take the bait, Cliffy.

I would say, yes, they do as long as they are complying with their own laws and, also, don't violate international law.

Maybe that is too simple of an answer but, for example, the USA is a nation of laws.

On that note, I want to see who will finally quote so many people at once that their post takes up an entire page all by itself.
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 08:13 AM
A Bit Off Track

There are many people who visit this board that are interested in the observations of people who live in Baja have to say about conditions there. That's why I visit this board almost daily looking for local fishing reports so as to gauge when I'm heading south, i.e. roads, gas, A/C, etc., and of course safety being #1.

I hope in the future BN members provide useful info so that a Wagon Master of a group of novice Baja travelers or family has a means of getting current info on where they are going to ease any concerns one might have.

I thank the few that posted useful info for Cliffy. I've been in his shoes many times in the past being a Wagon Master on numerous fishing trips to Baja. Kinda like being a program manager to find anyone to help pay for my fishing addiction in Baja.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 08:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
I'm going to light the fire again-
My previous question still stands as unanswered-

Does any country (anywhere in the world) have the right AND the obligation to its citizens to control its own borders as it sees fit as a sovereign nation?

Why is it no one wants to answer this question?

Of course they do Cliffy.....anyone that has an ounce of sense knows this.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I'll take the bait, Cliffy.

I would say, yes, they do as long as they are complying with their own laws and, also, don't violate international law.

Maybe that is too simple of an answer but, for example, the USA is a nation of laws.

On that note, I want to see who will finally quote so many people at once that their post takes up an entire page all by itself.

I apologize for that....color me guilty as charged.
Sometimes, as you well know, doing the quote thing is necessary for continuity of thoughts....

Saludos

lencho
Junior Nomad

Mood: Somnoliento

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 09:04 AM

With all the various IRS deductions and credits, it's highly likely that a low income worker is getting money back via the earned income credit and end up getting money back that they never paid in. Backdoor welfare.

You referring to illegals here? I'd be surprised if many of them are filing tax returns...

"I can normally tell how intelligent a man is, by how stupid he thinks I am."

"...they were careful of their demeanor that they not be thought to have opinions on what they heard for like most men skilled at their work they were scornful of any least suggestion of knowing anything not learned at first hand."
            Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses

"Be kind, be patient, help others." -- Isabel Allende

"My gas stove identifies as electric." Anonymous

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 09:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lobsterman  
There are many people who visit this board that are interested in the observations of people who live in Baja have to say about conditions there. That's why I visit this board almost daily looking for local fishing reports so as to gauge when I'm heading south, i.e. roads, gas, A/C, etc., and of course safety being #1.

I hope in the future BN members provide useful info so that a Wagon Master of a group of novice Baja travelers or family has a means of getting current info on where they are going to ease any concerns one might have.

I thank the few that posted useful info for Cliffy. I've been in his shoes many times in the past being a Wagon Master on numerous fishing trips to Baja. Kinda like being a program manager to find anyone to help pay for my fishing addiction in Baja.

That is one of the primary benefits of Baja Nomad, and you will find most of that information in the Trip Reports, Road Conditions, and Fishing forums here. Baja Q & A (this forum of Baja Nomad) was hardly made for political debate.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 09:38 AM

If "anyone with an ounce of sense knows this" why have none of the liberal thinkers on here spouting their diatribe against me and the current administrations immigration stand, in this thread, chimed in with their commentary on the question in front of the "court"?

Could it be they have nothing to back up their diatribe with except for derogatory labels and name calling? Or maybe it IS a case of anarchy in its truest definition. The anathema of all civilized countries. Maybe some need to return to the days of the Visigoths and Huns.

Funny how enforcing laws already on the books for years and enforced by previous administrations, elicits such a visceral reaction in some.

I just asked in my OP for some current information that I could pass along and it has gone on now for almost 4 pages. I guess its hard for some to stay "on point".

I do thank those who have given me what I need for the other folks.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 10:08 AM

If "anyone with an ounce of sense knows this" why have none of the liberal thinkers on here spouting their diatribe against me and the current administrations immigration stand, in this thread, chimed in with their commentary on the question in front of the "court"?

Could it be they have nothing to back up their diatribe with except for derogatory labels and name calling? Or maybe it IS a case of anarchy in its truest definition. The anathema of all civilized countries. Maybe some need to return to the days of the Visigoths and Huns.

Funny how enforcing laws already on the books for years and enforced by previous administrations, elicits such a visceral reaction in some.

I just asked in my OP for some current information that I could pass along and it has gone on now for almost 4 pages. I guess its hard for some to stay "on point".

I do thank those who have given me what I need for the other folks.

It is of my opinion that all the hubbub is not about the law or the right thing to do, taxes, criminals and all that...it's about Donald Trump. They just don't like his "style".....the poor snowflakes.....

These same people doing the whining and caterwauling are Trump opposers, no matter what he said or does.
He could have appointed Mother Teresa as Sec of State and these same whiners would scream she is unfit.....not because she is or isn't, but solely because a man named Trump appointed her.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 10:09 AM

It's kind of like being a kid, and listening to the parents fight isn't it? Sadly, I don't think they will be able to reconcile, or get on with life without each other!

I wish I could offer a current opinion on the mood in Puerto Penasco, but I haven't been there in fifteen years. I would kind of like to go back and see how things have developed, and would have no worries about doing so.

Looking forward to your trip report Cliffy!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2017 at 10:19 AM

If "anyone with an ounce of sense knows this" why have none of the liberal thinkers on here spouting their diatribe against me and the current administrations immigration stand

I'm one of those liberals, I think your ? is very appropriate. On
the trip reports, the off road jeep group recent post, there I'd
a pic of some banners hanging from buildings, in I assume
Mexicali, with the current US pres name. I didn't translate the
wording, one can only assume it is not a positive opinion.
I would think concern is a legit ?, especially for non seasoned
Baja travellers

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.