BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: 300 Haitians applied for residency in Mexicali. How?
dumbdog

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 12:01 AM
300 Haitians applied for residency in Mexicali. How?

http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/mexicali/467530/300-...

So far 300 Haitian migrants have applied for residency in Mexicali and I want to know HOW?

1.They’ve been in Mexicali for months. They have no proof of any income about zero Haitian gourde a month! Supposedly migracion demands Americans prove either 25,000 pesos or 40,000 pesos a month.
2.Most Haitians in Mexicali live for free in church-sponsored charity homes. They have no money. Yes, some pay for their housing, but do they have enough to pay for Mexican residency card. I’ve heard prices here anywhere from 230 to 852 usd. I would gamble 100 bucks that they’re not being charged for the residency card.

3.So if I don’t have to prove monthly income and I don’t have to pay for the residency card, I’ll apply YESTERDAY!

Does anyone know how to pull this one off?
Thanks,
Eugene
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 07:38 AM

Sounds like it is easy to pull off, just come to Mexicali from Haiti and live on handouts at some church for a while and then get your free residency card. Who wouldn't do that?

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 07:49 AM

Not unsurprising to see that some nomads have no ability to have compassion for Haitians.
Probably due to some nomads being so ignorant and closed-minded that they don't even have any idea of what has gone on in Haiti.
Other nomads are just selfish psychopaths that are aware of what has gone on in Haiti and simply say "tough chit."
Sad!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 08:35 AM

Maybe you should go hang out on Av Melchor Ocampo in TJ and try to blend in
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 10:06 AM

Rules bent in Mexico? Nah, that never happens.....................

It might not even be a bending of the rules. When I originally applied for a res. temp a few years back, I seem to remember a category you could check that indicated you were applying for admission to Mexico on humanitarian grounds or asylum or something like that. Maybe those persons are exempt from the fees that person's with income are expected to pay?

I think it's great that Mexico is willing to take in immigrants on human rights grounds. Why must it always be the US and Canada in North America?

Still, I suspect this is a PR ploy by Mexico, in retaliation for the new immigration policies of the U.S. It makes them look more magnanimous on immigration than the US, if only for a brief instant.

Or maybe this is not new at all, and is a bit of "fake news"; opportunism by a media outlet that is aware that it will garner attention.

"Fake news" is real, IMO, on both sides of the political spectrum, by both public and private entities.

[Edited on 2-26-2017 by Hook]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 10:35 AM

So, they were able to get from their island to Mexicali (of all possible places to go), and that's it?

Why Mexicali? That's not the garden spot of Mexico, after all.

The goal would seem to be the United States? So, instead of seeking a visa or immigration paperwork in Haiti, at the U.S. embassy. They paid to go to Mexicali, all they way across Mexico from the Carribean coast, as that must be the easiest way to break into this country?

Perhaps? I mean my wife and I were witnesses to this recently, at Mexicali! (July 2015):

We watched him run off into a Calexico neighborhood before the border patrol Jeep got there.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 10:44 AM

Mexico apparently does't welcome immigrants from it's southern neighbors....unless, of course, they can afford a 'Coyote' to get them to the US border!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 10:51 AM

http://www.worldcrunch.com/migrant-lives-1/why-haitian-migra...
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 11:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Mexico apparently does't welcome immigrants from it's southern neighbors....unless, of course, they can afford a 'Coyote' to get them to the US border!

And it's reported that to engage a "coyote" to lead these people thru the maze of obstacles to enter the USA, those costs are in the thousands of dollars.

Dollars that could be spent on seeking a legal way to do it from the get go.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 11:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Not unsurprising to see that some nomads have no ability to have compassion for Haitians.
Probably due to some nomads being so ignorant and closed-minded that they don't even have any idea of what has gone on in Haiti.
Other nomads are just selfish psychopaths that are aware of what has gone on in Haiti and simply say "tough chit."
Sad!

Yeah really, I suspect the real problem for some Nomads is the skin color of the Haitians.

I haven't followed the Haitians situation in Tijuana, Mexico, closely, but I heard it had something to do with Hurricane Matthew, destroying 1000's of homes in Haiti, and it's some type of humanitarian aid for Haitian refugees,especially since U.S. Customs, can't process them fast enough, or are dragging their feet because the US has a history of racially discriminating against Haitians for years now, and so Mexico stepped up to the plate, and are now welcoming the Haitians in Mexico/Baja.

Since the Haitians are refugees, they obviously don't have to meet the same requirements of other foreigners wanting to live in Mexico.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Sad!

Yeah really, I suspect the real problem for some Nomads is the skin color of the Haitians.

I haven't followed the Haitians situation in Tijuana, Mexico, closely, but I heard it had something to do with Hurricane Matthew, destroying 1000's of homes in Haiti, and it's some type of humanitarian aid for Haitian refugees,especially since U.S. Customs, can't process them fast enough, or are dragging their feet because the US has a history of racially discriminating against Haitians for years now, and so Mexico stepped up to the plate, and are now welcoming the Haitians in Mexico/Baja.

Since the Haitians are refugees, they obviously don't have to meet the same requirements of other foreigners wanting to live in Mexico.

If you have read the article posted up by Bajaguy, the Mexican on the street in Tijuana does not hold these same "welcoming" viewpoints that the government may or may not have towards Haitians.

Refugees from any country normally have to make or submit an application to their intended host country for refugee status and be accepted or rejected as such...
It would seem these Haitians did neither and just descended on Mexico, as a path towards the USA.

Now, the funds that should go to support those Mexicans living in shacks, are partially or wholly diverted to the care and feeding of migrants who unilaterally decided to swoop in on Mexico.

And these same Mexicans are now peeed that "other" people are sucking up their rightful resources.

The government of Mexico may "say" they are compassionate and welcoming to immigrants, legal or otherwise, but that flies in the face of their refusal to allow in, migrants seeking solace from the chaos on their own southern border with Central America.

If the truth were to be known, the Mexican government would rather see these Haitians just disappear into the hinterlands of the USA and become the charge of the man on the street in downtown Salinas CA and rid themselves of this drain on their resources.....of which there is a pittance to go around.

[Edited on 2-26-2017 by DaliDali]

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 11:47 AM

Didn't the Clinton Foundation sweep thru that island a few years back? You know, with mega-million$ to assist in rebuilding!

edit: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/15/us/politics/hillary-clint...

[Edited on 2-26-2017 by woody with a view]

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Didn't the Clinton Foundation sweep thru that island a few years back? You know, with mega-million$ to assist in rebuilding!

Yes.....and not only the Clinton global foundation, but millions in public funds as well.
Someone got rich(er) didn't they?

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 12:03 PM

Hurricane Matthew was a recent category 5 hurricane, so I don't understand the venom towards the Clinton Foundation.

It also seems to me if your house is destroyed in a category 5 hurricane, you're not going to have a lot of time filling out refugee paperwork.

Give the Haitians a break, and hope they get the help they need in Mexico, since Trump, had completely cut off any Haitians coming to America, because it conflicts with his goal, of "Making America white again."

Hurricane Matthew was an extremely destructive and long-lived tropical cyclone which became the first Category 5 Atlantic hurricane since Hurricane Felix in 2007. The thirteenth named storm, fifth hurricane and second major hurricane of the active 2016 Atlantic hurricane season, Matthew wrought widespread destruction and catastrophic loss of life during its journey across the Western Atlantic, including parts of Haiti, Cuba, Dominican Republic, the Lucayan Archipelago, the southeastern United States, and the Canadian Maritimes. Over 1,600 estimated deaths have been attributed to the storm, including 546 to 1,600 in Haiti, 1 in Colombia, 4 in the Dominican Republic, 4 in Cuba, 1 in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and 49 in the United States, making it the deadliest Atlantic hurricane since Hurricane Stan in 2005, which killed more than 1,600 in Central America and Mexico. With the storm causing damages estimated in excess of $15 billion (USD), it was also the costliest Atlantic hurricane since Hurricane Sandy in 2012, as well as the ninth costliest Atlantic hurricane in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Matthew

[Edited on 2-26-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 12:37 PM

It also seems to me if your house is destroyed in a category 5 hurricane, you're not going to have a lot of time filling out refugee paperwork.

Yet they had time to line up a boat out of Haiti, secure funding to pay the captain (good samaritan ship show up and transport for free?) fuel, stores of food and water, and a crew, steam the thousand miles to Central or South America, pay a coyote to lead them thru the jungles of Central America, pay another coyote to wind their way north and payoff the MX officials to look the other way and land in Tijuana and then suck the resources of real poverty plagued Mexicans and then pitch a hissy they don't like the food?....

And all the while a US Consulate and a Mexican embassy was just a cart ride away, down the lane in Port au Prince to apply for refugee status?...

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 01:13 PM

More DK BS....that picture he posted the he and his wife were "witness to"?Has been around forever on a bunch of websites...What a putz..

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 01:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
More DK BS....that picture he posted the he and his wife were "witness to"?Has been around forever on a bunch of websites...What a putz..

:lol:...Special K on his way to 50K
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 01:41 PM

They are from my camera... and I posted them HERE in my July 2015 trip report, where you saw them first.

It indeed looks very similar to other criminal crossing photos. Why would I take time to make something like that up? Oh, you can see the Calexico water tower in the background, so you know how close to the legal crossing this was at.

For Fake News, go the CNN, The Huffington Post or New York Times... but not from me. Life is too weird without making stuff up!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 01:49 PM

chuckie blowin smoke again, just like his old dodge:bounce:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 2-26-2017 at 03:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Yet they had time to line up a boat out of Haiti, secure funding to pay the captain (good samaritan ship show up and transport for free?) fuel, stores of food and water, and a crew, steam the thousand miles to Central or South America, pay a coyote to lead them thru the jungles of Central America, pay another coyote to wind their way north and payoff the MX officials to look the other way and land in Tijuana and then suck the resources of real poverty plagued Mexicans and then pitch a hissy they don't like the food?....

And all the while a US Consulate and a Mexican embassy was just a cart ride away, down the lane in Port au Prince to apply for refugee status?...

Really, those Haitians must have lots of money to do everything you claim above, or you have been reading " breitbart" or Alex Jones writings, and then re-posting it here.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.