BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Gas crackdown, no sales from barrels in San Juanito and environs
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2017 at 11:41 AM

Hurrah! Now let's see if it shows up in Purisma and/or San Isidro. I want to ride from Mulege to San Javier via the over the hill route and it would be great to be able to gas up in Purisma.

I am always encouraged when an elected official does the right thing even when it happens just before an election. There is all sorts of pot hole patching going on in Mulege this week.
moonstooth

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 03:34 PM

Can anyone confirm that gas is available in San Juanico? I searched the Talk Baja FaceBook page but couldn't find anything. I don't have a FaceBook account so maybe that's why.

Also curious about the availability of gas in Cataviña.

Thanks very much.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 03:46 PM

Sadly, Facebook is of no use to read posts that are not new or refreshed continually. I did my best to try and figure a solution to help travelers on Talk Baja find past postings. I understand the need for Baja travelers to read past trip reports. Here, on Baja Nomad remains that resource. Gasoline in any large community can be found, usually by asking if it isn't advertised.

Yes, gas is sold at Cataviña as well as Punta Prieta at the market around Km. 12.5+ on the right.

[Edited on 5-8-2017 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Sadly, Facebook is of no use to read posts that are not new or refreshed continually. I did my best to try and figure a solution to help travelers on Talk Baja find past postings. I understand the need for Baja travelers to read past trip reports. Here, on Baja Nomad remains that resource. Gasoline in any large community can be found, usually by asking if it isn't advertised.

Yes, gas is sold at Cataviña as well as Punta Prieta at the market around Km. 12.5+ on the right.

[Edited on 5-8-2017 by David K]

Absolute rubbish. Just like this forum, there is a search function in facebook where one can search a page for any subject no matter how old it is. I will post the question and search the "old" posts for an answer. Hopefully one of the 30,690 members of Talk Baja will have an answer.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:16 PM

Did not take any time at all. Yes. resolved. It was also in the news.

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/empresa-ofrecera-gasolina-precio-o...
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:28 PM

Got immediate answers. One - Scorpion Bay is full of gas. Others said the "station" is open for business!
moonstooth

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:54 PM

I did use the search function on the Talk Baja FaceBook page and wasn't able to find anything. Again, that could be because I do not have a FaceBook account.

If anyone who has been to San Juanico or Cataviña recently can advise about that, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks very much in advance.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by moonstooth  
I did use the search function on the Talk Baja FaceBook page and wasn't able to find anything. Again, that could be because I do not have a FaceBook account.

If anyone who has been to San Juanico or Cataviña recently can advise about that, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks very much in advance.

Go to talk Baja. I asked the question and got an immediate answer from someone who was just there.

PS...I did a search for San Juanico and got pages of results.

[Edited on 5-9-2017 by rts551]
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 09:44 PM

My moto group got caught in SJ the very day this happened. No forum nor Facebook page helped us out. North of Zaragoza simply sucked.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2017 at 07:21 AM

Gas is available in San Juanico ... 100% :o

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-9-2017 at 08:30 AM

Thank you, Tim, for answering the question.

Thank you, Chuckie for stating the averages here. Most are normal, kind folks who seek more Baja and more friendships or like to share their Baja experiences and have conversations.

Then you have the gang of haters who use the Internet to perpetuate the bullying they did in school to feel better about their own miserable life. The more people they make feel bad, the better they feel.

Their actions prevent more good, kind people, from sharing here who want no part in such hostility.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 5-9-2017 at 01:25 PM

I was in SJ in a month ago and the gasolinazo was a distant memory. Both spots had plenty of gas

If you are taking the N road there is gas (and beer!) in el Datil.. Stop in and spread some of the love thier way.. Great people.. Bring stickers

TT
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 5-9-2017 at 01:36 PM

Moons tooth you need a Facebook account then you need to "like" the TalkBaja page in order to participate/search. Hope it works for you.
moonstooth

[*] posted on 5-13-2017 at 11:05 AM

Thanks to everyone for their very helpful responses.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.