Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: adding a car to sentri
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-4-2017 at 07:42 PM
adding a car to sentri

my daughter bought a new car and applied to sentri on jan 10th, hasn't heard boo? anyone else have similar waits? (she's had her sentri for about a year)

[Edited on 3-5-2017 by del mar]
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 07:26 AM

Sentri has been known to take many months for anything to get approved. About 1-2 years ago, it appeared they had got a little faster, but I'm sure that was just temporary.

[Edited on 3-5-2017 by BooJumMan]

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 08:51 AM

I just got my Senti last week ( approval that is ) waiting on card.
I had the interview in Calexico as that was the shortest wait time.
I believe that all you need to do is go to any interview station and they will complete the change for you there without and appt..??
BUT I would call them to confirm . The # to the Calexico office is 1-760-768-2406
They were not as busy as I thought thet would be.
If you end up going to the Calexico offise U2U me as it's kinda tri ky to find.
Paco de China
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 09:14 AM

They don't need to interview you for a car anymore.

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 09:38 AM

True, you don't need an interview but the correct car needs to be tied to YOUR Sentri. So you need to visit a Senti office with car registration and proof of insurance, me thinks ? Call to confirm.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 01:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
True, you don't need an interview but the correct car needs to be tied to YOUR Sentri. So you need to visit a Senti office with car registration and proof of insurance, me thinks ? Call to confirm.

No need to visit the office to add a car to an existing account.

You add the car in your GOES account. No inspection required anymore for approval. Instead, It is possible you will get called Into secondary one of the first times you cross.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 03:18 PM

her account is still showing the message "changes to registered vehicle is pending approval".....:?:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 03:31 PM

Keep checking the account every 3 - 5 days

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
her account is still showing the message "changes to registered vehicle is pending approval".....:?:
paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 04:05 PM

... mine took eight weeks, just hang in there.. one thing I found out is when you receive the approval notice it says the card is coming, I called and if you card is current, you are good to go with your card.... hang in there...
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 04:59 PM

We had the distinct pleasure of visiting secondary a few weeks ago. We were told by a very professional cbp officer that when you add your car online you will be sent to secondary to have all the documents verified. It will happen during one of the first five times you cross in the new vehicle. They have instituted this policy so that the officers at the Sentri office can concentrate on the people signing up and not waste time on the vehicles.

We were also told that if you start your renewal before your card expires you automatically get a 30 day grace period on the expired card and can use it to cross. After the 30 days if approval is still pending they will extend for another 30 days. And so on. If you start the renewal after the expiration date your old card will be confiscated if its in your possession.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 05:04 PM

You can submit your renewal up to a year in advance of your card expiration date

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

We were also told that if you start your renewal before your card expires you automatically get a 30 day grace period on the expired card and can use it to cross. After the 30 days if approval is still pending they will extend for another 30 days. And so on. If you start the renewal after the expiration date your old card will be confiscated if its in your possession.
akshadow
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2017 at 12:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Last time through Sentri lane they sent us to secondary because the vehicle was on its second trip since being added. I asked if I could drive another car if it was approved for Sentri under someone else. He said yes. ??
\

Ron San Felipe Oct, Nov. Feb. Mar. April. remainder in Juneau Ak
leopard2121

[*] posted on 4-11-2018 at 07:25 PM
25 days

I just got my approval -- a total of 25 days from adding the car online to approval.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-11-2018 at 07:43 PM

I added 2 cars about 7 months ago. At that time I got approval in under 7 days.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.