Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Once again, a Canadian question
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 06:39 PM
Once again, a Canadian question

All right, we are in British Columbia in a small cabin on Salt Spring Island when SWMBO screams out, "We've been doing it all wrong!"
Apparently, Health Canada is recommending that pot be used rectally instead of the time-honored smoking.
We are going to a concert tonight and if a doobie comes down the isle, believe me, we are not touching it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 08:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
All right, we are in British Columbia in a small cabin on Salt Spring Island when SWMBO screams out, "We've been doing it all wrong!"
Apparently, Health Canada is recommending that pot be used rectally instead of the time-honored smoking.
We are going to a concert tonight and if a doobie comes down the isle, believe me, we are not touching it.

Canadians prefer it rectally -- hasn't caught on in the US. Transderm patch, edibles, every form but in the tush. Wouldn't pass on a doob though, not from BC. Skunk and dank.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 08:02 PM

I remember lighting farts when I was a young teen, maybe it's a bit like that!

The doors could have been singing about that..."Come on baby light my fire!"

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 08:11 PM

Sounds uncomfortable!

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 08:52 PM

There was a pleasant social aspect to passing a doob around a campfire that might be considerably less pleasant with this method.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 10:03 PM

Bummer, eh ...

Don't believe everything you think....
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-7-2017 at 10:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Bummer, eh ...

Ged amigo, that's just WRONG...... but FUNNY.

My first future ex-wife was a pediatric RN for the few months we were married.... the kids, little kids would come in for surgery prep and she said they wouldn't take oral meds, so they'd give 'em a suppository c-cktail of Fenafen and (something else... brain fart here) and the kids within 5 minutes were in la-la land, totally non-combative. I did my share of most substances in the '60's and early '70s other than needles (saw a guy die once shooting up while a junior in high school) and by '74 and hearing that story have always wondered about "the other ingestion" .... I hear it's quick, effective, and like Preparation H, it tastes TERRIBLE...... and for all the good it does , you might as well just shove it up your....

Nevermind. :lol:

you might as well just shove it

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2017 at 12:03 AM
Up yours

Balché, Maya Beer
Up the Hatch?

The steering was smooth, the little Corolla was hugging the curves nicely so the Hensleys decided to buzz right through Colima, stay the night in Lazaro Card##as and have an easy two or three hour drive the next morning along the scenic coast to Acapulco. The plan worked perfectly and they found a quaint and charming small hotel in Acapulco high on a hill with a wonderful view of the famous harbor.

After a relaxing afternoon by the pool, a little siesta, they found a local restaurant, La Paloma, just two blocks down the hill. The big bamboo bar looked inviting so they sat there for a drink before dinner. There was a faint whiff of mesquite smoke drifting in from the cooking area that put the nudge on their saliva glands.

Two bartenders were busy cutting limes and mangos, getting ready for the dinner crowd. The two looked cool and comfortable in their uniforms – both were short, swarthy with dark hair and mustaches.

“Buenes Tardes, what may I get for you?”

“Everybody’s speaking English now. That’s great.” Said Harold.

“I better speak English. I’m from Seattle. Where are you folks from?”

“Tahoe, we’re vacationing. We just drove in today, our first trip to Acapulco.”

“Well, it’s a great city. I know you’ll enjoy it. Our specialty is Mango Daiquiris.”

Harold and Diane both ordered one. As the bartender set the drinks before them Harold said “We broke down in a little town north of here and a nice gringo bartender there told us all about pulque, all about the fermenting, the whole process.”

“Did he tell you about the Maya beer, Balché?”

“No, we just drove down the west coast, from Arizona. What is Balché?”

“The Maya invented it. It was a sacred drink from a sacred tree. They took the bark from the Balché tree, hollowed out a fallen log, put the bark in the depression in the log with some water and honey, let it ferment naturally. Just sweet, Maya beer.

I will admit I heard from good authority that in that raw state it was rough on the stomach so a lot of it was taken anally – they used a smooth, thin hollowed out bone from some kind of bird. If you’re going home by way of Mexico City you can see scores of glyphs at the museum showing the bone, the process. There might have been lots of mind-altering plants the Maya learned about, took in this way for sacred and not so sacred rituals. The stomach and the liver are set up to counter or filter out some things we ingest like drugs, alcohol, alkaloids, so if you wanted the quick effects of things that otherwise might adversely affect your digestive system, the enema was always the way to go – no I.V. drips or hypo needles back then.

Western U.S. plains Indians wanted the hallucinogens in peyote but couldn’t swallow it without getting sick before the kick. Once, in my wilder times, I did 20 days in the Men’s Correctional Facility near Las Vegas. A few of the inmate ground keepers cut and stashed some loco weed, datura, didn’t know how to take it in, ate it. Two died, five others almost died.

Anyway, if you get over to Quitana Roo ask about the drink from the Balché tree, try some Balché, ice cold, in a glass. They refine it now, for the tourists. Easier on the tummy. Tastes a little like Dr. Pepper to me.”

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2017 at 01:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  

Balché, Maya Beer
Up the Hatch?

The steering was smooth, the little Corolla was hugging the curves nicely so the Hensleys decided to buzz right through Colima, stay the night in Lazaro Card##as and have an easy two or three hour drive the next morning along the scenic coast to Acapulco. The plan worked perfectly and they found a quaint and charming small hotel in Acapulco high on a hill with a wonderful view of the famous harbor.

After a relaxing afternoon by the pool, a little siesta, they found a local restaurant, La Paloma, just two blocks down the hill. The big bamboo bar looked inviting so they sat there for a drink before dinner. There was a faint whiff of mesquite smoke drifting in from the cooking area that put the nudge on their saliva glands.

Two bartenders were busy cutting limes and mangos, getting ready for the dinner crowd. The two looked cool and comfortable in their uniforms – both were short, swarthy with dark hair and mustaches.

“Buenes Tardes, what may I get for you?”

“Everybody’s speaking English now. That’s great.” Said Harold.

“I better speak English. I’m from Seattle. Where are you folks from?”

“Tahoe, we’re vacationing. We just drove in today, our first trip to Acapulco.”

“Well, it’s a great city. I know you’ll enjoy it. Our specialty is Mango Daiquiris.”

Harold and Diane both ordered one. As the bartender set the drinks before them Harold said “We broke down in a little town north of here and a nice gringo bartender there told us all about pulque, all about the fermenting, the whole process.”

“Did he tell you about the Maya beer, Balché?”

“No, we just drove down the west coast, from Arizona. What is Balché?”

“The Maya invented it. It was a sacred drink from a sacred tree. They took the bark from the Balché tree, hollowed out a fallen log, put the bark in the depression in the log with some water and honey, let it ferment naturally. Just sweet, Maya beer.

I will admit I heard from good authority that in that raw state it was rough on the stomach so a lot of it was taken anally – they used a smooth, thin hollowed out bone from some kind of bird. If you’re going home by way of Mexico City you can see scores of glyphs at the museum showing the bone, the process. There might have been lots of mind-altering plants the Maya learned about, took in this way for sacred and not so sacred rituals. The stomach and the liver are set up to counter or filter out some things we ingest like drugs, alcohol, alkaloids, so if you wanted the quick effects of things that otherwise might adversely affect your digestive system, the enema was always the way to go – no I.V. drips or hypo needles back then.

Western U.S. plains Indians wanted the hallucinogens in peyote but couldn’t swallow it without getting sick before the kick. Once, in my wilder times, I did 20 days in the Men’s Correctional Facility near Las Vegas. A few of the inmate ground keepers cut and stashed some loco weed, datura, didn’t know how to take it in, ate it. Two died, five others almost died.

Anyway, if you get over to Quitana Roo ask about the drink from the Balché tree, try some Balché, ice cold, in a glass. They refine it now, for the tourists. Easier on the tummy. Tastes a little like Dr. Pepper to me.”

George, only you could write a story that makes an enema sound cool. Anyway, for some reason I'm reminded of that famous Newlywed Game episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-qc-ntq5qw

[Edited on 3-8-2017 by DanO]

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 12:07 PM

Santiago,
Well, you well-situated on Saltspring, for sure....lovely island with folks familiar with a lot of ingestion methods...

Some Yogi adepts practiced anal breathing...may be a way to do a few tokes....but doing a few rails might be more challenging :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 12:13 PM

I'm practicing my kegels to prepare. Anal breathing sounds so refreshing!

[Edited on 3-10-2017 by Martyman]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Martyman  
I'm practicing my kegels to prepare. Anal breathing sounds so refreshing!

[Edited on 3-10-2017 by Martyman]

I know a few people with breath like that!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 4-18-2017 at 11:11 AM

One of my best friends lives on Salt Spring Island. We used to bake brownies. She did some dealing (I think). Was sooo long ago--50 years.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.