BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Can a pair of 4x4 Jeeps make it thru Matomí??
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 08:32 PM
Can a pair of 4x4 Jeeps make it thru Matomí??

I'm thinking of setting up another run in the not too distant future.. With the right equipment, would it be feasible for a small group to conquer Matomí??

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
I'm thinking of setting up another run in the not too distant future.. With the right equipment, would it be feasible for a small group to conquer Matomí??

Get out of your jeep and hike. There are a couple places near Matomi that far exceed anything you will ever see thru your windshield in baja.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 09:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Get out of your jeep and hike. There are a couple places near Matomi that far exceed anything you will ever see thru your windshield in baja.
Another stupid post Mt666 your brain dead.Why dont you put your hiking boots up your.Then talk about hiking Mt666 marooon Baja blow hard of the year.Your brainless posts nobody likes.If you want to Hike dont even think about telling us what we have to do. Poor brain dead Tourist. You so stupid you dont know your lt boot from the rt.:?::?::?::?::?::?::?:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 09:12 PM

Jeep travel is pretty lame. Get out on a bike and your world will change forever.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 09:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Jeep travel is pretty lame. Get out on a bike and your world will change forever.
Just because your chicken chit try it then you wont be so lame and your world will change forever:?::?::?::?::?::?::?: Who in the hell think you are telling someone whats lame. Or are you the Lamer.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 09:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

Another stupid post Mt666 your brain dead.Why dont you put your hiking boots up your.Then talk about hiking Mt666 marooon Baja blow hard of the year.Your brainless posts nobody likes.If you want to Hike dont even think about telling us what we have to do. Poor brain dead Tourist. You so stupid you dont know your lt boot from the rt.:?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Thank you for reminding us why we call you knuckle draggers!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 09:44 PM

I agree - I grew up bicycling.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 09:48 PM

:lol: James and Mookie! very cool Ken!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 09:51 PM

Just because your chicken chit try it then you wont be so lame and your world will change forever:?::?::?::?::?::?::?: Who in the hell think you are telling someone whats lame. Or are you the Lamer.

A 5-year-old can come up with better insults and word plays than that!
I think English is you first language, but you write at a second grade level, what's with that?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 10:10 PM

Ken, I have photos of the roadblock in Matomi. Look for them tomorrow.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 10:14 PM

I agree - I grew up bicycling.

Nice Ken.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 10:17 PM

Hey low life Mt666 yes you cup cake pussy cat. Dont even think of telling people you have a brain. You think you can tell people that off road that,we should do as you do. Your the sick one come over here and tell.The Mexican off road guys we should hike.Coming from a no nothing tourist.You dont like it looser get use to it. You have no right to tell anybody to do as you do looser. Dont hide come over here and tell the boys. Im sure they can help you with your problems. EHHHHH:?::?::?::?::?: We all hike,we all ride bicycles and we Wheel and ride dirt bikes.We dont tell other people what they can or cannot do. That why your a looser.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 10:27 PM

Hey low life Mt666 yes you cup cake pussy cat. Dont even think of telling people you have a brain. You think you can tell people that off road that,we should do as you do. Your the sick one come over here and tell.The Mexican off road guys we should hike.Coming from a no nothing tourist.You dont like it looser get use to it. You have no right to tell anybody to do as you do looser. Dont hide come over here and tell the boys. Im sure they can help you with your problems. EHHHHH:?::?::?::?::?: We all hike,we all ride bicycles and we Wheel and ride dirt bikes.We dont tell other people what they can or cannot do. That why your a looser.

Oooooooh! Big tough guy!

Not!

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 11:05 PM

..wowww,you guys find kitty litter in your sandbox?

. ....or is it the tequila talkin? :biggrin:
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 05:33 AM

Didn't they just run a race thru matomi?
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 08:30 AM

Ken,
Any 4x4 can drive thru Matomi with no issues. Pick your line
Read my other post where we just took our club thru. The only problem was the impatient VW guy that took a difficult line and got hung up and I had to pull him back to allow a better line.
The newbies all used a spotter. The rest of us that had done it more than once just drove thru with no issues. For me I go slow and carefully because I do not like scratches on the body.
And yes the SCORE race went thru Matomi and many had issues and there were two guys with winches to unstuck the hapless. Big tires are good. Small tires require care.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 09:13 AM

Goat---------can you be more specific? What "places near Matomi" are you referring too, and can you give directions to find?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 09:44 AM

OK, well I guess I should go ahead and post the Matomí road block photos here, ahead of my trip report (which I was going to begin to type right now).

Here is my GPS track map of the area. The red lines connect 10-minute location transmit points, and not always over the actual road:

You see that I first went to the ranch house and waterfall, then wanted to drive down the arroyo (as I had done many times in the past between 1978-2006). I also wanted to go to the natural arch of Arroyo Las Blancas.

These were taken Saturday (6 days ago)...

Here is the first narrow gap, no problem... but note, only motorcycle tracks:

Still no biggie, but only motorcycle tracks since the last flash flood:

Oh bummer:

I walk down to the squeeze to see if it gets better, as I seriously do not want to go back!

It just gets worse:

The squeeze even looks much narrower, as the sand level is lower (and that exposed the boulders that block me).

Looking eastbound.

Looking westbound from the east side. Again, only m/c tracks in the sand.

With the DeLorme inReach Explorer GPS device, which creates a track map and updates my position every 10 minutes, I can (via satellite) text message or email anyone. It pairs via Bluetooth with my cell phone.

I am texting with StuckSucks that day about what I see. TW, BajaNomad (Doug), 4x4abc, and a couple others are watching my location progress map, as well as chatting with me while I am on these solo expeditions in remote areas. Nice that I can text with my wife, too!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 09:48 AM

Here's looking at the squeeze (westbound) in June 2006, and driving on to the waterfall was no problem:

The sand level looks to me to be about 4 feet lower now vs. 2006 if you see the boulders on the sides.

[Edited on 3-10-2017 by David K]

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 10:06 AM

David I have done Matomi many times on dirt bike. I only saw one narrow part of canyon.With big rocks you toy can squeeze past that. I want to to that run.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.