Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Planta Purficadora
Telluridecamper

[*] posted on 3-9-2017 at 10:58 PM
Planta Purficadora

Does anyone have a list of towns and gps coordinates/address' of purification plants in Baja?
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-10-2017 at 01:49 AM
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 04:20 AM

every town has a purificadora or sells purified water

though I suppose there are varying levels or purification

[Edited on 3-10-2017 by gnukid]
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2017 at 07:16 AM

Addresses, gps coordinates? No but in BoLA most stores sell drinking water and the "La Mission" store has an RO system. 12 pesos per garafon.

[Edited on 3-10-2017 by larryC]

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2017 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Telluridecamper  
Does anyone have a list of towns and gps coordinates/address' of purification plants in Baja?

it's possible you are over-thinking this. baja is likely more developed than you might be imagining. water is sold at most every store that sells any food product. no need to employ satellite navigation to locate it. have fun, cheers
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-11-2017 at 10:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

it's possible you are over-thinking this. baja is likely more developed than you might be imagining. water is sold at most every store that sells any food product. no need to employ satellite navigation to locate it. have fun, cheers

THIS!
Water is not a problem... Neither is beer! :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Telluridecamper

[*] posted on 3-11-2017 at 11:08 AM

Not over thinking, though left out information for you. Im driving a truck camper and would like to fill up my fresh water tank with purified water at purification plants. I don't want to by 3 or 5 gallon containers to fill up a 40 gallon tank.

Thats all.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-11-2017 at 11:36 AM

Not over thinking, though left out information for you. Im driving a truck camper and would like to fill up my fresh water tank with purified water at purification plants. I don't want to by 3 or 5 gallon containers to fill up a 40 gallon tank.

Thats all.

You are over-obsessing! Every sizeable town has an agua purificada shop where you can buy bulk water, filtered/treated on the premises. Most customers are bringing in their own jugs to be filled. I am sure they can run a hose to your truck and fill directly. Perhaps you should bring your own 50 ft hose just in case they don't have hose available. Sorry, Siri and google maps can't hold your hand and lead the way on this quest. You'll have to search for the vendors as you travel.

The real adventure of travel is you discover it on your own! Put down the guidebook and stop using Siri! Self-discovery awaits you!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-11-2017 at 01:30 PM

Remember ^^^that post from goat^^^ as the smartest bleat in quite some time!

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

lol.gif posted on 3-11-2017 at 01:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
... the smartest bleat ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 05:28 AM

I live in Mulege but take my old class B on trips here and there in Baja. Every little town has a reverse osmosis plant and store. As mentioned, bringing along your own hose is wise.

It is seldom metered so be prepared to tell them approximately how much you are getting. Every place I've topped off at has run on the honor system for quantity.

This has all led to the end of my having to add a few drops of chlorine to my tank at fill up time.

If you wonder why it is necessary to have purified water when essentially all of the water here is from wells, the water and sewer systems often share the same ditch. This is not a problem most of the time since the water line is under pressure. But the power in many places is not reliable and when the power is off, since there are seldom any elevated reservoirs to maintain the pressure, a slight vacuum develops in the water line and any leaks between the sewage and water lines lead to contamination.

Purified water is very inexpensive and being tied to your toilet for a week or so is unpleasant.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 07:01 AM

You can make coffee from beer, but it doesn't taste very good..

Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 07:20 AM

Almost as bad as beer from coffee.
bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 10:34 AM

One option might be to fill the 40 gal with tap water and use it for shower/flush/dishes and keep a jug for drinking and food prep. It might be easier than trying to get the camper close enough to the purified shops.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 10:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bkbend  
One option might be to fill the 40 gal with tap water and use it for shower/flush/dishes and keep a jug for drinking and food prep. It might be easier than trying to get the camper close enough to the purified shops.

this is what we do when traveling in the van. i also expect this is the way it gets done by most folks.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-12-2017 at 12:43 PM

The town water supply system from Vizcaino to Asuncion and points south has been out of service for past week...a problem with the pipe, I heard.

Yesterday a tanker truck was filling the purificada shops....today they are all closed....people are scrambling for water.

I have a full garafon and beer so I won't totally wither away from thirst....but the laundry is due.

I only found out it was cut off 4-5 days after it stopped....no idea how much is in the tinaco....:o

Don't believe everything you think....
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-13-2017 at 09:16 AM

I will mention that to the landlord :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2017 at 11:20 AM

A float type or a sight glass? How does it work?
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-13-2017 at 02:20 PM

level

level.jpg - 34kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-13-2017 at 03:06 PM

my tanks are clear...I chlorinate my water so no algae even though the town water is chlorinated at the pump

this is the system they use to see levels at "agua 2000" water purification plant in mulege

if I have to buy black tanks this is what i'll set up
I tried the reverse bottle thing...too confusing for me

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2017 at 10:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
I will mention that to the landlord :biggrin:

Consider yourself lucky with the new and improved giant tank - I think the old one at your rental had about three toilet flushes worth of capacity. :O

[Edited on 3-14-2017 by chavycha]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.