Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Yellowtail Slaughter
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2017 at 10:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I figure that fisheries will be decimated in 20 o30 years (if not sooner), and conservation is pointless, and I might as well get in on the senseless killing as it will be someone else if not me.
Enjoy the slaughter and eating today, or someone else will, and it's bound to all end in a wasteland anyhow :light:

What an ignorant statement...
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2017 at 02:25 PM

Goat, go watch some more movies and get of the net. Your attitude is exactly what we as humans do not need.

Abortion should have been much easier when your mother was pregnant as you are exactly what the world does not need per you statements.

If we all do a little bit to help it most certainly can't hurt. Good god...
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 06:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
I figure that fisheries will be decimated in 20 o30 years (if not sooner), and conservation is pointless, and I might as well get in on the senseless killing as it will be someone else if not me.
Enjoy the slaughter and eating today, or someone else will, and it's bound to all end in a wasteland anyhow :light:

How would you like to live in goat's world?

Now we get the pleasure of listening to his words evil like his poor students at the UA must suffer through to get a passing grade. This thread is his typical MO, i.e., throw out hateful statements with no facts to back them up then run. He'll reappear soon on another thread to do the same thing. Best to just ignore him like "white-noise" on an old tv. The UA must be proud of their resident ..... evil.

[Edited on 3-16-2017 by Lobsterman]
JakeinVegas

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 09:56 AM

Here is a link for bag limits for hook and line fishing as well as for spearfishing.

http://www.sportfishinginmexico.com/?page_id=4181

Spearfishing can only be done while freediving (no tanks) and you are limited to five fish per day. Per regulations certain species count as five of your total when you harvest one fish. They are as follows: billfish, sharks, giant seabass, dorado, roosterfish, tarpon, gulf grouper and blue fin tuna.

Wahoo were not mentioned on this page so I would operate on the premise that the maximum would be five per diver. I have never shot a wahoo but from what I hear they are not an easy fish to harvest while freediving.

Until the commercial seiners, shrimp boats and longliners are banned from the Sea of Cortez this fishery is doomed. It breaks my heart to see it happen in my lifetime. I am confident that there is more money to be made by local fisherman guiding gringos than working for the large corporations.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 12:35 PM

It's a selfish statement............but it's not that ignorant. Most locals I see down here, operate on this principle, in most aspects of their lives. Resources are becoming less and less, and it's not like Mexico has viable programs to re-train fishermen into other fields. Desperation is a strong motivation.

This mentality has started to invade the gringo fisherman's psyche, too. Something like "why should I respect the fishing regs if the locals don't?" Of course, the desperation isn't part of it.

I'd say 20-30 years might be a bit of an overestimate, at least for the SOC. Oh sure, we will continue to read about the occasional "great day of fishing", that people will point to as an indication that everything is fine and dandy. But they are becoming fewer and fewer, even for the really good fishermen, not just the tourist.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 02:09 PM

[

I'd say 20-30 years might be a bit of an overestimate, at least for the SOC. Oh sure, we will continue to read about the occasional "great day of fishing", that people will point to as an indication that everything is fine and dandy. But they are becoming fewer and fewer, even for the really good fishermen, not just the tourist.[/rquote]

I believe 20-30 years is an overly generous estimate. Also a lot of places in the world are a lot worse in conserving their resources than Mexico. things are collapsing at an alarming rate and it is exponential. The undeveloped countries populations are exploding and they have no way of feeding all of them.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 06:03 PM

We need an asteroid!

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 08:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
The 12 Wahoos were all speared off Cerallvo Island, south end, and were all being cleaned at the landing by 2 guys and their guide. Wasn't hear say. That day we caught two which was plenty for our needs for quite a while. Catch and release is the way to go if you can (a little hard to do with a wahoo however) and don't think that can exist while spearing.

I was not meaning to offend anybody, but if the shoe fits??? I was not saying that all spear folks don't buy licenses only questioning if they need one or need to follow the same limit guidelines as pescadors. Hell most fisherman I know are too cheap to even buy a license ( all of about $40).

On a good note I know local guides that will cut off the catch after each diver gets 2 fish and they are very aware of the depletion of their "product" and are truly trying to

preserve their resources. These happen to be the younger generation which is nice to see.

"IF THE SHOE FITS " ???? Don't give a back hand apology and then throw me under the bus . This shoe fits up your A**

[Edited on 3-17-2017 by freediverbrian]
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 08:26 PM

Hey Charlie Manson go up date Helter skelter and stay off this board you troll
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 09:36 PM

You idiot. I was imitating your typical socal sport fisher.
Sarcasm.
Hyperbole.

FYI, I rarely fish, and then only for a few hours, once in a blue moon -- I never take more than I'll eat that night :light:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 10:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
[rquote
FYI, I rarely fish, and then only for a few hours, once in a blue moon -- I never take more than I'll eat that night :light:
[/rquote]

so its safe to say all that expert advice you were spewing on the "one rod" thread was nothing more than "more mountanTOOL boolchit"?

I have been fishing for all my life, and when younger was a commercial fisherman. I got my fill of fish, fishing ain't my thing anymore.
But I got enough experience to authoritatively tell you blowhards you're full of it!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 10:17 PM

[rquote
[/rquote]

so its safe to say all that expert advice you were spewing on the "one rod" thread was nothing more than "more mountanTOOL boolchit"?

I have been fishing for all my life, and when younger was a commercial fisherman. I got my fill of fish, fishing ain't my thing anymore.
But I got enough experience to authoritatively tell you blowhards you're full of it!

im calling boolchit....provide some photos please...commercial fisherman my azz... poser:rolleyes:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 10:36 PM

[rquote
[/rquote]

im calling boolchit....provide some photos please...commercial fisherman my azz... poser:rolleyes:

Don't give a chit what you think, a$$wipe!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 10:42 PM

[rquote
[/rquote]

let me guess mtTOOL...this stint as a commercial fisherman was about the same time the "so-cal jerk off gringo's" ruined scorpian bay for you? yeah right..:lol:
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2017 at 07:59 AM
BN's Resident Trolls

[rquote

.................................................................................................................................

Good luck getting the two resident BN trolls on this board (goat & joe) to expose who they really are. Most of you like me are not afraid to announce who we are and in fact are quite proud of our life's accomplishments and experiences. We are willing share who we are with facts and not hide behind a keyboard like these two shady characters and make outlandish claims about themselves, i.e. goat saying he was a commercial fisherman with no proof or Joe that he is of Mexican decent.

Why are they hiding behind a keyboard? What gremlins do they have in their closets? Why are they ashamed to come out in the open and let us see if they are truly who they say they are? I have my opinions on why they are trolls but that would take too much time writing now and I'm already late for an appointment.

Unfortunately, Sarg ran both of them off BN's OT, thus they came to this side of BN to pick a fight with anyone just for the pleasure of it. Both have even said so in the past on OT. They throw out lies and innuendo's, call people who disagree with their view of the world vile names (racists, N-zis), etc., just to cause trouble. Not to prove a point but just to cause dissention. That's just their MO. Just ignore them or they will poison this side of BN like they did to the dying OT side. Their evil fingerprints are all over many recent BN posts as their entrenchment into this side of BN grows.

................................................Goat and Joe at Their Best..........................

[Edited on 3-18-2017 by Lobsterman]
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-18-2017 at 09:33 AM

JJJ and goathead ruined OT ??? I haven't had that good of a chuckle in a long time. :lol:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-18-2017 at 09:43 AM

A major contributor the declining fishery in the SOC, as has been discussed before, is the harvesting of massive tonnages of baitfish, sardines and mackerel for fertilizer, cat food and tuna pens. Overfishing, no baitfish for food=disaster....its not going to stop.

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2017 at 10:30 AM

[rquote
[/rquote]

He's idiot and I guarantee the goat will not post pics. The boy lives in la la land.

Making America Great Again
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2017 at 10:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

It's a selfish statement............but it's not that ignorant. Most locals I see down here, operate on this principle, in most aspects of their lives. Resources are becoming less and less, and it's not like Mexico has viable programs to re-train fishermen into other fields. Desperation is a strong motivation.

This mentality has started to invade the gringo fisherman's psyche, too. Something like "why should I respect the fishing regs if the locals don't?" Of course, the desperation isn't part of it.

I'd say 20-30 years might be a bit of an overestimate, at least for the SOC. Oh sure, we will continue to read about the occasional "great day of fishing", that people will point to as an indication that everything is fine and dandy. But they are becoming fewer and fewer, even for the really good fishermen, not just the tourist.

Understood and agree. I don't take the goat fr seriously.

Making America Great Again
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.