2/23/17 16.13
3/9/17 16.10
3/14/17 16.06
Anybody else seen the price going down?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-14-2017 at 05:02 PM

Pemex has been instituting an insane number of price regions for Mexico, over 500. It was 16.09/ liter in El Rosario on March 6.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 10:49 AM

Did you see the business article where a US company I never heard of was going to import hundreds of thousand gallons of fuel to Mx to their future opening of many of their new stations. Apparently they have more capacity from their refineries than they can sell in the states.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Did you see the business article where a US company I never heard of was going to import hundreds of thousand gallons of fuel to Mx to their future opening of many of their new stations. Apparently they have more capacity from their refineries than they can sell in the states.

Free flowing fuel and energy are going to make North America an energy powerhouse. I asked Antonio (BajaCactus) about the future of U.S. and other international gas brands opening stations in Mexico once again, and he said anything is possible since the controls Pemex once had on distribution has ended. However, Mexican government still adds high tariffs on imports, including gasoline, so that may eliminate any profitability for Texaco, Shell, or BP to invest in distribution in Mexico. Antonio said his station could someday sell other brands of fuel than Pemex.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 10:55 AM

does that mean we'll be getting corn in our gas?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 11:00 AM

Corn (ethanol) is a stupid political practice. Mexico considers corn to be food, not fuel... so let's hope not!

Baja California Premium is imported from the U.S. currently, so I am not sure if that includes the ethanol or if ethanol is added only to U.S. bound pipes and trucks? I do know that Magna, without ethanol, is better for my truck and mileage goes up when I use pure gasoline without the corn added!

[Edited on 3-16-2017 by David K]

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 02:16 PM

The refiners in the US do not produce gasoline with the alcohol additive. The additive is added to the delivery truck to meet the specs of the delivery location. The alky is never used in pipelines. Probably because it would eat up the steel pipes and the final usage is t complicated. The result is the stuff coming from the US to Baja is pure unleaded gasoline and it is also a higher refined product with slightly higher octane (in spite of what the pump label says). In fact the premium unleaded coming south is definitely higher than 91 octane.
The ULS Diesel is also what Baja Norte gets because that is what comes out of the refineries.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2017 at 06:45 PM

I agree that the whole alcohol thing is a shuck and a jive. It may help in places with a really bad air problem like the Los Angeles basin but the combination of it attracting water and raising hell with older carburetors is really significant.

As far as helping with crude oil consumption, there has been study after study that shows that it takes more diesel fuel to produce the alcohol than it saves.

Just in case you might think I share David's political leanings, I thought that Obama was a right wing tool of the business interests.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.