Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kids to San Ignacio Dental Clinic today
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2017 at 08:39 PM
Kids to San Ignacio Dental Clinic today

So, I scheduled 3 kids for the dental clinic today in San Ignacio. The day started with breakfast for JBCoug who was at the B&B and for the kids since we did not expect to be back until quite late. I started cooking and then went and picked up Adriana and Javier, the older teens, from high school and Riquelmer from Junior high. Breakfast was pancakes, scrambled eggs and beans.

From there, we left John (who was getting ready to head south to the St Patricks day celebrations in Mulege and we went on our way to the clinic:

As soon as we got to the clinic, there was Juanita owner of the inn at the square which is not open to the public any more. She is going to help me make signs for my botanical garden!

The dentists asked us to come back in an hour and a half since they have many patients, so we go the main square and OF COURSE we get some ice -cream. San Ignacio was quite warm today. The owners of the ice cream shop used to live in La Bocana, so I talk to them a bit. After that the kids and I sit under the trees in the park. I have an excellent book I am trying to finish and the 3 kids chit chat while I read.

Soon enough it is time to head back and who do I see but JBCoug who was driving around the block headed south!

When I get to the clinic, this time the receptionist is a good friend of mine! She works with ex drug addicts and I so admire her. Every year I share bags and bags of clothes and items donated to me by the folks in Punta Chivato with her. She keeps everything for those who are tying to kick the habit.

Right away Vickie calls in the first "victim" - we decide to send in the 2 cavity kids first -

RIQUELMER has two tiny cavities and he doesn't even require anesthesia.

Next is JAVIER and he is also an easy one:

Adriana is the last and most serious case - she has 6 major cavities so Doc Ray does 3 on one side. He alerts me to the 3 on the other side says they do have to be handled soon, so I will be scheduling her with a dentist in Vizcaino whom we have to pay. Adriana is a future scholarship recipient and if she passes her entrance exam, she will be majoring in languages in Ensenada in August. All her dental work HAS to be handled before then.

We got home at 5 pm-ish and I officially declare myself tired.

I am also ever so grateful for the Doc Rays (and wife Lorna) and Vickie's of the world! They must be bushed bushed bushed at the end of the day. God bless them for being so generous with their time and work.

If you took the time to read this to the end, please leave me a word of hello ! It makes my day.

;D

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2017 at 09:17 PM

I'm pretty sure they are headed up to Sierra de San Francisco next. We are arriving on their final day there.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2017 at 07:46 AM

They are indeed headed up to the mountains on Monday!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 3-18-2017 at 02:05 PM

Hello! I love Poland, too!

Maybe my Polish wife should talk to Les. She thinks Baja is dangerous and absolutely refuses to live there.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 3-18-2017 at 02:07 PM

Hello! I love Poland, too!

Maybe my Polish wife should talk to Les. She thinks Baja is dangerous and absolutely refuses to live there.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2017 at 08:44 PM

Sorry to hear about her fears.....If I am not mistaken, there has been only one murder here in La Bocana in the last 70 years.

I can't think of many places on Earth that can make that claim.

Next Christmas when we are in San Diego, we should get together so she and Les can talk!

Come visit La Bocana

JohnK
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2017 at 07:47 AM

Yeah Blanca! You're one of life's good guys!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2017 at 08:03 AM

Good morning JohnK!

Come visit La Bocana

gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 03:31 PM

Always enjoy your posts Blanca; we were having lunch at Victor's on the square on Friday and must have just missed you!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 08:39 PM

what a bummer! I love running into Bajanomads !

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.