Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Massive Federale Presence Now in San Jose
kencolamarino

[*] posted on 3-18-2017 at 01:41 PM
Massive Federale Presence Now in San Jose

https://colectivopericu.net/2017/03/17/es-mi-opinion-591/#mo...

https://colectivopericu.net/2017/03/16/en-col-8-de-octubre-d...

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 12:03 PM

if i were a resort/hotel owner in the violence affected area, i would be on the phone raising hell with law enforcement. when jamaica had a bunch of civil unrest in 1977 the tourism dropped way off, and never really recovered for many years.
here in todos/pesky, there have been a few events lately that have got the expats twitchy.
vamos a ver que pasa
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 12:21 PM

Not one to be alarmist, we all know Cartel incidents rarely if
ever affect Gringos. The personal home burglaries/don't want to
use the word assault, are another matter. Have listened BCS to resort owners for yrs.,
especially East Cape, crow about So. Baja being so isolated,
using the phrase 'it's almost an island', not affected by
mainland violence

[Edited on 3-20-2017 by sancho]

[Edited on 3-20-2017 by sancho]
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
Not one to be alarmist, we all know Cartel incidents rarely if
ever affect Gringos. The personal home burglaries are another matter. Have listened BCS to resort owners for yrs.,
especially East Cape, crow about So. Baja being so isolated,
using the phrase 'it's almost an island', not affected by
mainland violence

Agree- "civilians" are usually not at risk- tho that has changed in recent years as the "war on drugs" has destabilized some markets.

I went thru a similar situation in San Miguel (near Ensenada) in the mid-90s, when the Arellano cartel was still in charge of most of the illegal drugs in Mexico. We had a series of burglaries/break-ins by a local gang, who (rumor had it) then tried to move into drug smuggling.

One night, nearly 20 people were rounded up and shot dead, in a family compound nearby. One person survived, buried under the bodies. When people asked if I was scared to be living so close to such brutality, I replied: "No, because I'm not in that business. This was business, not random violence."

It was brutal, and effective: the burglaries/break-ins stopped and the Arellanos controlled the market for several more years.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 01:05 PM

in regard to violence, we must keep in mind reality takes a back seat to perception. the first time an innocent gringo bystander catches a bullet, the s**t will most certainly hit the fan, and many will stay away in droves.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 04:38 PM

Anyone who thinks a cartel thug gives two chits about a gringo getting a stray round is living in their own fantasy world. Once the Head Honcho is established things will get back to 'normal'. Meantime, i'd keep my third eye working overtime. The Baja corridor is gonna become more of an issue too.... just a matter of time and of course, MONEY.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 05:11 PM

and yet real estate in todos/pesky area is selling briskly.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 05:28 PM

P T Barnum

Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2017 at 08:32 AM

It's not the stray bullet as much as the home invasions and thievery that effects everyone. Kids and adults as well are getting strung out on "chuki"/meth, and they will steal from their grandmother to stay high. The final market for the cartels product is no longer just north of the border. Drive around any town in BCS around 5 in the morning, you will see the zombies wandering the streets still high and up all night.
It's an epidemic now and local profits are to be made in the local "plazas", hence the shootings.
The natural progression out of the drug trade for cartel business is extortion, then kidnapping. If things keep going they way they are going.......
Just a few short years ago BCS was immune to the violence that effects other states in the republic.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-21-2017 at 10:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

That can be a byproduct of the perceived danger.

Real estate has been selling fairly briskly over here, too, for the last year. The difference is the customers are Mexican, not gringos.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2017 at 10:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

That can be a byproduct of the perceived danger.

Real estate has been selling fairly briskly over here, too, for the last year. The difference is the customers are Mexican, not gringos.

hook did you get over to watch the start of the sonora rally this morning?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-21-2017 at 11:36 AM

I never heard anything about it in San Carlos.

Looking at their website, Pto. Penasco, the starting point, is an eight hour drive on pavement from here. I dont like off-road racing that much. PP is not a pleasant place, to me.

I did participate in the inaugural San Carlazo "fun ride" last year. I dont think it's a race, just a big sixty mile loop through the desert. Only three "gringo rigs" in the whole thing, out of about 100 entrants.

http://www.sancarlazo.com/
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 06:30 PM

in regard to violence, we must keep in mind reality takes a back seat to perception. the first time an innocent gringo bystander catches a bullet, the s**t will most certainly hit the fan, and many will stay away in droves.

Not to burst your security bubble but, many gringos are being killed wholesale in Mexico, and I've yet to see any s**t on the fan. Call it greed or ignorance, but I think gringos just don't care about being the victims of violence. We would like to think that if we are victimized in Baja there would be a big outcry, people would stay away, the locals will hurt, and because of the financial repercussions we should be protected. But this aint happening Baja sur is going bonkers and I think that the governments local, state and federal should step up and protect this golden goose.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/opinion/what-are-chances-of-being...

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 06:50 PM

two gringo deaths in los cabos in a two years....wholesale gringo murder?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 07:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by luv2fish  

Not to burst your security bubble but, many gringos are being killed wholesale in Mexico, and I've yet to see any s**t on the fan. Call it greed or ignorance, but I think gringos just don't care about being the victims of violence.

On the first point, I think you are wrong, not many gringos being killed in mexico.

On the second point, you are right, gringos don't care about being victims of violence - the proof is in the high levels of gun violence in USA and when the gringos look at gun violence around the world being directly correlated to quantity of guns, they conclude more guns is the answer. I chit you not! Gringos don't care about being victims of violence.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 08:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by luv2fish  

Not to burst your security bubble but, many gringos are being killed wholesale in Mexico, and I've yet to see any s**t on the fan. Call it greed or ignorance, but I think gringos just don't care about being the victims of violence.

On the first point, I think you are wrong, not many gringos being killed in mexico.

On the second point, you are right, gringos don't care about being victims of violence - the proof is in the high levels of gun violence in USA and when the gringos look at gun violence around the world being directly correlated to quantity of guns, they conclude more guns is the answer. I chit you not! Gringos don't care about being victims of violence.

well now see, that's because you're an idiot. if gringos don't care about beings victims of violence how do explain the mass exodus of gringo's from tijuana/rosarito 10 years ago when the murder rate hit 800+..?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 08:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

how do explain the mass exodus of gringo's from tijuana/rosarito 10 years ago when the murder rate hit 800+?

How can anyone respond to a unitless rate? :?:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

how do explain the mass exodus of gringo's from tijuana/rosarito 10 years ago when the murder rate hit 800+?

How can anyone respond to a unitless rate? :?:

but you can't deny you're an idiot....true?

and WTF are you disputing? :?:

[Edited on 3-25-2017 by willardguy]
kencolamarino

[*] posted on 3-25-2017 at 03:33 PM

And the "Hits" keep rolling on.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2017/03/los-cabos-3-dismembere...

https://colectivopericu.net/2017/03/24/sanjosedelcabo-video-...

luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2017 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
Just talked to a school parent who has a business there ( he is a Mexicano ) and he says there are plenty of bodies dropping that people are not hearing about.
He thinks the tactic now is to make sure they are becoming more publicly known.
I can only relay what he has told me, though.

Before this past election, I never really thought of the power that the media has in both reporting and not reporting. I think that what SeƱor Soulpatch is saying resonates with this. At the rate that Baja Norte is going they are on track to meet or exceed 2008 murder rate but we don't hear too much of it, then when we do, we get peeed off because they are reporting it.

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.