Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FYI: Expedition ORV for sale in La Ventana, BCS
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-19-2017 at 10:06 PM
FYI: Expedition ORV for sale in La Ventana, BCS

Has anyone seen this vehicle in La Ventana?

Looks like an incredible expedition ORV. I've seen similar in San Ignacio lagoon, and Ojo de Liebre, as people drive "pole to pole"- they ship the vehicle from Europe to South America, and drive north to Alaska.

Some people over at Expedition Portal report they met the owner in La Ventana where he's recovering from a broken leg, and that this rig appears to be in excellent condition. Unfortunately the owner has to shorten his trip plans due to the injury.

From: http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/168432-For-sale-Ex...

For sale:
Expedition Truck, built by http://www.expeditievoertuigen.nl
You Tube presentation https://youtu.be/GKhOa9UecLQ
De Expedition Truck was delivered to us in November 2010 and the truck itself is from 1994.
If you have never heard of DAF trucks: they are built in the Netherlands and the firm is owned now by Paccar in Canada, also owner of Kenworth and Peterbilt.
DAF Truck in Europe is a big brand. Okay, not as big as Mercedes, but they are known for their quality. They also have a big factory in Brazil.
DAF is very active in rally sports, they have won the Dakar Rally many times.
Also many parts in the trucks are universal in the truck world.
This truck is not even 25 years old and cannot be imported in the USA. No problem in Canada or Europe.
The truck is in La Paz, Baja California, Mexico and can be seen and test driven.
Please, only react if you are really interested and want to come and see the truck here in Mexico.
Price: 135.000 US$

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 08:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  
Has anyone seen this vehicle in La Ventana?

Yup. It was set up at Hot Springs Beach and around town for a few weeks.

Impressive looking rig.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 09:14 AM

I saw it or one just like it in Todos Santos last week. I believe that the truck is a Man. Very nice rig, but good luck with parts and service in Mexico. On edit, I see where it's not a Man, so it's not the one that I saw in Todos Santos.

[Edited on 3-20-2017 by monoloco]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 09:30 AM

I'd be afraid some military commander or drug dealer would see it and hijack it from me.

John

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.