BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Re-entry to the USA Without Passports?
bajaguy
Select Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 02:14 PM

Yup, after an accident on Blvd 2000, Rosarito police. Wanted proof of immigration status. Also at Federal Police checkpoint at jct of Hwy 5 and Hwy 3, north of San Felipe

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Do the police have any enforcement authority over immigration status?

Baja Bound has already dispelled the rumors that Mexican auto insurance is nullified by the lack of a tourist card. Not an excuse for not getting one, we are already clear that we are supposed to have one. Let's just base information on facts.

Has anyone here been asked to show their tourist card by anyone other than INM officers, as they once did near Guerrero Negro?
JoeJustJoe
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 03:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Regarding entry to Mx without an FMM. A sad story once one enters into the justice system. The result of one case I know of the simple appearance in court resulted in deportation and the court process was terminated. It was several years before the guy dared to return.
The question is what if you get in an accident and the cop asks for your papers? What he will want is see is your registration, Drivers licence, and FMM.
Your experience probably will be difdferent/

Your friend is probably pulling your leg, because the FMM requirement that requires all US and Canadian citizens to have an FMM anytime they are in Mexico wasn't required until September 2015.

And your post appears this incident with your friend happened many years ago, not recently according to your post.

What crime did your friend commit in Mexico that they stopped the court process, and instead deported him?

I also don't think Mexican cops also enforce immigration policy? I would be more concerned if I got into an accident in Mexico, that I had Mexican car insurance than I would a FMM filled out.

PaulW
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 04:39 PM

Joe,
Yes, deported a long time ago. Civil lawsuit. No crime.
Suspicious -- How to get rid of one party.

Also long time ago traffic accident all I needed was a driver license. Not my fault and the other US guy never got charged. A third party sued and got payment in a Mx court. My damages were covered by his US insurance.

Got stopped for speeding long time ago and had to provide license and registration - nothing else.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

For high speed satellite internet in Baja call +1.6197170810 - or click here to email sistemassatelitales@hotmail.com

Tijuana Walking Tours - on Meetup.com

All Content Copyright © 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.