Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Dog Acupuncture
infoseeker

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 06:14 PM
Dog Acupuncture

In Rosarito area, anybody know of dog acupuncturist in Rosarito, TJ or Ensenda. If you have info on this please reply to my posting.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by infoseeker  
In Rosarito area, anybody know of dog acupuncturist in Rosarito, TJ or Ensenda. If you have info on this please reply to my posting.

Dogs performing acupuncture? What will they think of next?

:lol:

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

I've been punctured by a dog a time or two... :no:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

infoseeker

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

I've been punctured by a dog a time or two... :no:

THX, for nothing
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 03:51 PM

Is there really such a crazy thing as this... in Mexico??
How does a dog "tell you" if the pain is less after the needling?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 04:02 PM

Infoseeker, I am sorry you have not found a provider in your area. I just wanted to say that I was skeptical when my vet offered acupuncture for my elderly lab mix, who had a degenerative spine problem.

The difference it made in her comfort and mobility was remarkable, and made her final months much easier on both of us. Good luck with your search!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:28 PM

My, don't we have some cute informative responses here. Thanks Akgringo for the only useful information.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Is there really such a crazy thing as this... in Mexico??
How does a dog "tell you" if the pain is less after the needling?

DK: I am thinking you are a cat person, not a dog person.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:39 PM
Vet info

Call Dr Antonio Pina Jasso, MVZ, Ensenada. He may know someone

646 174 0601
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:43 PM

As an ''acute informative responder'' here, I can say sarcasm is sometimes a welcome diversion. If you don't have a sense of humor then joke you if you can't take a ... never mind. AK gringo, where was this acupuncture administered? And at what cost? And could you expect to find it in Baja where even elementary medical care takes very diligent researching to find reputable treatment other than in large cities like Ensenada, Los Cabos and La Paz?

Lacair, some people just have to learn how to lighten up a little.... no malice intended. :coolup:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
As an ''acute informative responder'' here, I can say sarcasm is sometimes a welcome diversion. If you don't have a sense of humor then joke you if you can't take a ... never mind. AK gringo, where was this acupuncture administered? And at what cost? And could you expect to find it in Baja where even elementary medical care takes very diligent researching to find reputable treatment other than in large cities like Ensenada, Los Cabos and La Paz?

Lacair, some people just have to learn how to lighten up a little.... no malice intended. :coolup:

Probably true, however I hate to see a newbie looking for helpful information subjected to comments making a joke out of their question right off the bat. If this had been an old time member posting this they would probably expect these responses. Possibly not a good first experience to this forum.
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 05:59 AM

I've seen two places in Ensenada.

IF my memory is correct, one is on Delante on the north side of the street a few blocks from Noah's Ark (the veterinarian). If you can't find it, stop in a Noah's and ask there. Noah's is in the small strip center, just half a block east of the big Pemex station. Both Pemex and Noah's are also on the north side of the street.

There is a big very visible sign for the acupuncture place. It should be easy to spot.

As BajaGuy suggests though - probably most vets would know where to find it.

Update on location - the shop is near Mexico Ave and Delante. There is a Pemex on the corner of Mexico and Delante, so right in the general area and probably a block or two west of the intersection - on the north side of the street. Good luck!

[Edited on 3-24-2017 by TedZark]

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 06:25 AM

infoseeker - There was no malice intended on my part. I thought "dog acupuncturist" an interesting way to phrase your request and decided to have a little fun with it.

Among the more helpful responses, seeking out a local vet seems a good resource. I might also suggest contacting an acupuncturist who works primarily with humans, as some might also work with pets. As a dog lover, I know that alternative treatments can be highly effective when traditional medicine falls short.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
infoseeker

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  

IF my memory is correct, one is on Delante on the north side of the street a few blocks from Noah's Ark (the veterinarian). If you can't find it, stop in a Noah's and ask there. Noah's is in the small strip center, just half a block east of the big Pemex station. Both Pemex and Noah's are also on the north side of the street.

There is a big very visible sign for the acupuncture place. It should be easy to spot.

Update on location - the shop is near Mexico Ave and Delante. There is a Pemex on the corner of Mexico and Delante, so right in the general area and probably a block or two west of the intersection - on the north side of the street. Good luck!

They both do acupuncture for animails? Thx for the help

infoseeker

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 11:28 AM

Since I am not down there, I asked a vet in town, said there is nobody in town doing this. Please, help me out here. Are you sure these places do animal acupuncture. If you know for sure can you help me get a phone number for a business that is close to there. I tried looking up Noah ark vet in Ensenada no luck. THANKS

TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2017 at 10:55 AM

The two places I saw were SPECIFICALLY for animal acupuncture. I'll try to find the one on Delante today when I am in town - I don't got there often.
infoseeker

[*] posted on 3-28-2017 at 10:59 AM

The two places I saw were SPECIFICALLY for animal acupuncture. I'll try to find the one on Delante today when I am in town - I don't got there often.

Thats great. Yes, please do. I am going down there on Friday, would be nice to have contact without having to search the area. I don't know Ensenada very well and don't speak Spanish. Thanks
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2017 at 11:22 AM

Not speaking Spanish might be a problem, but you can just get everything translated online and print it out or download an app for your phone and explain whatever you need that way. I was at a shop the other day where the guy spoke no English at all but used an app to answer my questions. It was pretty cool...
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-28-2017 at 11:32 AM

how do they get rover to be still for the pokin', are they sedated?

[Edited on 3-28-2017 by del mar]
infoseeker

[*] posted on 3-28-2017 at 02:05 PM

Not speaking Spanish might be a problem, but you can just get everything translated online and print it out or download an app for your phone and explain whatever you need that way. I was at a shop the other day where the guy spoke no English at all but used an app to answer my questions. It was pretty cool...

According to a vet up here, the guy they know down there that does acupuncture name is Enrique Tea'. Maybe you can ask about him too if possible. I am even willing to pay a finders fee or buy you lunch just for the help as long as I can find somebody
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.